Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaticmom

Go Pens!
I reserved a mid-size emerald aisle Apr 10 (9:30PM) through April 14 (3PM) and thought I was entering the Visa magic code 8572987. When I looked at my reservation closer I realized I had entered 8572957. My wrong code still did the same thing the Visa Magic code is doing, free insurance and all fees included, BUT the wrong code is giving me a rate of $110.62 and the Visa Magic Code is giving me a rate of $161.61! Anyone have any idea what the code 8572957 is???

No but it brought my reservation down almost $20 and included all those freebies. Thank you!!! Also thanks for those Alamo coupons. The softball team really appreciates it. I got there vans thru Alamo as it was a lot cheaper than National. My husband and I decided to get our own vehicle and I love the Emerald Isle. Thanks again!

No but it brought my reservation down almost $20 and included all those freebies. Thank you!!! Also thanks for those Alamo coupons. The softball team really appreciates it. I got there vans thru Alamo as it was a lot cheaper than National. My husband and I decided to get our own vehicle and I love the Emerald Isle. Thanks again!

I would love to know what this "mistake code" is. Your are more than welcome for the coupons, just glad someone could use them. Have a great time!

Whoa - that code made a huge difference. I would hate to book it without knowing what it is. I'll be watching this thread, hopefully someone can identify it!

I called National's 800 number and the rep said the code was from "Travel Solutions". He said I could use it...:confused3

Anyone have anymore info? I googled the code and nothing came up.

I am going to try and use it for the rental I have next week, I will let everyone know as soon as I return the car and get my receipt. I just checked to see if it would work for a 2 day rental I need in June and with the 8572957 code my rental is over $45 cheaper than with the 8572987 code.

I used the code and the ND2119071Q coupon. Whow! I got a minivan for 12 days for $323.07. That is incredible! I went ahead and booked it. I think we should call to see if they will accept any of the reservations. I have been looking for a long time. We need at least a standard suv or like to have a minivan, June 17 (12:30p.m.) - June 29 (10:30a.m.). I cannot get anything within reason. I have a standard suv booked with National #5063773, ND2119071Q for $369.42 right now. Every year, we have never paid more than $200.00 for a minvan. Thanks!

P.S. I will give them a call tomorrow to see if this is ok. I will post when I know something. Keep the fingers crossed.

Someone help - the coupon ND2119071Q was a ecoupon right? We don't need to print anything out for this? Thanks again!

Anyone else with some thoughts?

Yes, the $35 ND2119071Q is an E-coupon, and several people have reported using it with out being asked for a physical coupon.

WOW!

I booked a rental car in January from Alamo due to our travelling with young children. I only paid $77 for a mid-size car for 7 days from Alamo. Our trip in October is going to be a budget trip and so I decided that I would only even CONSIDER a rental car if I could get one for $100 or less. Alamo is now at $190 for a compact!

I tried the code listed here at National and I can get a midsize for $109!:worship: If anyone has success with this code before October, please let us know! Also, along that line, what would happen if I went to the counter to pick up the car and I was somehow ineligible to use the discount code? Could I tell them "Nevermind....I don't need the car anyways"? I plan on picking up the car at the Dolphin the day after we arrive since we want to use DME (mostly for our luggage) to get to the AKV. Since we have a late (7pm) return flight, we'd have plenty of time on our last day to return the car and get back to AKV for our DME pickup. FWIW, since we have only 10 months in between our vacations, we plan on doing things at a leisurely pace. The transferring from AKV to the Dolphin via the DTS will be just part of the "adventure";) . If I found out I wasn't eligble for the code, I would just go back out to the bus stop and continue on. However, I don't like the idea of making a reservation that I am not going to keep. I would have every intention on keeping it if I receive a price I am willing to pay. That's why I would like to know if the code really works before I make a reservation.

TIA!!

Thank you for that tip. I reserved a Cadillac DTS for $200 for a week. I am going to keep my previous reservation at Alamo just in case the reservation has some stipulations that I am not aware of.

Please let us know how it works out for you next week with this code.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saved $97 for my October minivan rental vs. Dollar ressie:cool1:

I did some investigating last night on the mystery code 8572957. It is from a travel company called "TQ3 Travel Solutions" it seem that it seems that this is an employee code which might require id of some sort. To make things alittle more interesting, TQ3 Travel Solutions bought out Carlson Travel. For those that have been poking around here for awhile all you had to do when you used the Carlson Contract id was to make up a bogus Business card to show the national employee in the booth that you are affiliated with Carlson. Let us all know how this works because this is a magical number.:yay:

It really is a great code so I'm going to try it for my trip in 2 weeks. If anyone else uses it let us know how it goes.

For some weird reason, using this code doesn't allow my coupon. I was using the National website one, NF1982JDD $30. (The $35 says not valid for length of rental, my trip is 6 days, (Thur-Tues)

It shows a line, coupon accepted, -$30, then the next line says coupon accepted AGAIN, and shows $30 going back on. Boo-hoo, how odd.

But it STILL dropped the rate for EA from $177 to $133. I will keep both for now, as this tale of this code evolves.

edited to say that for me, the $30 coupon is applied if I opt for a bigger vehicle, it is like on a sliding scale. Which makes the larger cars attractive. So, I get midsize $133, Full $142, Premium $147, and Standard SUV $155. For $22 more I think I will switch to the Standard SUV (4 woman, lots of luggage!)

Dates, June 26-July 1.

I tried with ND2119071Q $35 off and it worked just fine on a 7 day trip starting April 22. I can't wait to see what happens when someone tries it. I would make sure I tell the person in the booth that I work for TQ3 Travel Solutions. I have never seen a National code offer such a discount. It's incredible!!!!

I did some investigating last night on the mystery code 8572957. It is from a travel company called "TQ3 Travel Solutions" it seem that it seems that this is an employee code which might require id of some sort. To make things alittle more interesting, TQ3 Travel Solutions bought out Carlson Travel. For those that have been poking around here for awhile all you had to do when you used the Carlson Contract id was to make up a bogus Business card to show the national employee in the booth that you are affiliated with Carlson. Let us all know how this works because this is a magical number.:yay:

I've used the Carlson code a couple times and never had to show any kind of business card. I've actually never heard of anyone doing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter