Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its getting closer to our trip and I'm getting a little nervous about using the 67 code I made our ressie with. I'm nervous about them excepting it without any ID even though many have used it with no problem and I nervous about getting into an accident and not having the company ID so the car won't even be paid to be fixed with their insurance or mine (as someone brought up on an earlier post after having an accident). So I went back and tried all the codes again and could'nt get a car for less than $350 for a midsize for 7 days. With the 67 code its 92.25, this is just to much stress over a rental car! :scared1: Linda

We use rental cars all of the time and our personal car insurance covers all rental cars too. If you are concerned, check with your agent to see what your policy is on rental cars. However, this is only if you have full coverage. Your agent can even print something out for you if you want. We carry our insurance card with us when renting. This would give you piece of mind.

We use rental cars all of the time and our personal car insurance covers all rental cars too. If you are concerned, check with your agent to see what your policy is on rental cars. However, this is only if you have full coverage. Your agent can even print something out for you if you want. We carry our insurance card with us when renting. This would give you piece of mind.

I too have a booking coming up using one of the magic codes.
I tried to set it up so that the insurance WOULDN'T be included,but it doesn't allow me.The reason I did this is because I have full coverage with my own insurance company anyway. Do you think this would be a probelm in the event of an accident claim ?

I tried to set it up so that the insurance WOULD be included,but it doesn't allow me.The reason I did this is because I have full coverage with my own insurance company anyway. Do you think this would be a probelm in the event of an accident claim ?

None of us have the slightest idea. Posters on FW and FT don't think the "included" insurance from National will be honored unless you can prove you were eligible to use the rate. The rates that include insurance are given to employees of companies with corporate programs and some promotions for international guests.

Many people question if cc coverage will apply since you're not able to waive the coverage from National.

You'll have to check with your auto insurance company. We don't know if the fact that National declines to honor the included insurance gives them an out.

I tried to set it up so that the insurance WOULDN'T be included,but it doesn't allow me.The reason I did this is because I have full coverage with my own insurance company anyway. Do you think this would be a probelm in the event of an accident claim ?

I agree w/Lewis that you need to check your pesonal auto insurance company to find out their policy. We did many years ago, so are comfortable in making our decision to waive the insurance when renting a car. Your car insurance agent will be your best source of information. It's better to know beforehand than to find out later and have it not good news.

We have never taken the insurance with a car rental because our policy covers it and our credit card co. (am. ex.) will cover the deductable. My issue is the discussion about the person who was in a accident was told their own insurance not Nationals insurance, may not cover the accident since they rented the car using a code they were not meant to use since they did'nt work for travel solutions. Has anyone read what happened with that situation and if their ins. did pay for the repairs? Linda

Read your policies carefully as to what you are covered for in my case (in Canada) I had to put a rider on my auto policy (Allstate) for rental coverage and they will only cover comprehensive & collision not liability , which can actuallly be the worst if god forbid you injure someone.

We have never taken the insurance with a car rental because our policy covers it and our credit card co. (am. ex.) will cover the deductable. My issue is the discussion about the person who was in a accident was told their own insurance not Nationals insurance, may not cover the accident since they rented the car using a code they were not meant to use since they did'nt work for travel solutions. Has anyone read what happened with that situation and if their ins. did pay for the repairs? Linda

This is actually what I was trying to say.I have the required coverage with my own Insurance.Its what happens in the event of an accident (using this code),what the issues may be ?

This is actually what I was trying to say.I have the required coverage with my own Insurance.Its what happens in the event of an accident (using this code),what the issues may be ?

Keep in mind, too, that a portion of National's paperwork will be forwarded to the insurance company. At a minimum, National will specify the reasons for the denial.(If the renter can't prove eligibility for the code they contracted for.) Should National choose words like misuse and misrepresentation about the renter's eligibility for the code that may cause the insurance company to comfortably deny coverage, as well. It will be hard to prove an in good faith "error".

There are two easy ways to determine if a discount code is legit:
1) People tell you not to call. If the code was legit it won't matter how many people call.
2) You have no idea who the code is intended for. Most sites tell you to use this code if you're an AAA member, this code if you're a COSTCO member etc. A code with no indication is generally a corporate code not available by the general public

The purpose of these types of forums is to help people find deals they normally could not find on their own; the 'deals' are sometimes codes that they are not eligible for, but are able to use.
It's called 'a slick deal' and beating the system.

If you don't understand the concept, or are one of the folks who have to call to verify, then you really don't belong using the codes if you are that worried about it. Use a code that you are eligible for, and leave the 'slick deals' for those of us willing to go for it.

As I said, the first rule of the 'deal' is to NEVER CALL. If you were eligible for it, you'd know about it.

Don't ruin it for everyone else. Times are hard for folks and deals like this can make or break someone's ability to go on a vacation if you think about it. I'm not speaking for myself, but for other's who do whatever they can to get their family to Disney, or wherever, at a bargain price.

Just my $0.02

The purpose of these types of forums is to help people find deals they normally could not find on their own; the 'deals' are sometimes codes that they are not eligible for, but are able to use.

If you don't understand the concept, or are one of the folks who have to call to verify, then you really don't belong using the codes if you are that worried about it. Use a code that you are eligible for, and leave the 'slick deals' for those of us willing to go for it.

As I said, the first rule of the 'deal' is to NEVER CALL. If you were eligible for it, you'd know about it.

Don't ruin it for everyone else. Times are hard for folks and deals like this can make or break someone's ability to go on a vacation if you think about it. I'm not speaking for myself, but for other's who do whatever they can to get their family to Disney, or wherever, at a bargain price.

Just my $0.02

I'm not crazy about these private, corporate codes being traded around at the DIS.
"A slick deal' and beating the system" may have it's place at flyertalk, slick deals and other sites, but I tend to believe many of the folks at the DIS are looking for a straightforward, honest deal. Not everyone can afford the financial risk of contracting for a corporate code that includes insurance, when they aren't entitled to the "deal". National will figure out their eligibility status. They may end up paying any and all claims out of pocket. There's no vacation savings in that. ;)

That's never been a stated purpose of DIS. DIS doesn't permit the posting of resort, discount, codes that aren't intended for the general public.

The purpose of DIS has been to assist people find legitimate deals. Sites like fatwallet, slickdeals and even flyertalk are site for people who want to try questionable deals. Those people understand the risks. The first FW post tells posters not to rely on the included insurance unless they're entitled to use the code. Those posters avoid adding a coupon to the "magic" codes. They don't want to have an airport clerk reviewing the contract. Posters on DIS are adding coupons.

There are several posters on DIS who don't seem aware they're using a "private code".

Some people are using the code as a "game". Those people understand the risk. A person who can't afford to rent a car without the code is one who shouldn't be using it. What happens if they are given a walkup rate or have an accident?

Sorry but a deal that can't be confirmed with National isn't a deal that should be promoted on DIS. DIS is a board that provides help to occasional travelers, not to experienced travelers looking how to exploit (temporary) lapses by a supplier in enforcing rules.

Just my $0.02

That's never been a stated purpose of DIS. DIS doesn't permit the posting of resort, discount, codes that aren't intended for the general public.

The purpose of DIS has been to assist people find legitimate deals. Sites like fatwallet, slickdeals and even flyertalk are site for people who want to try questionable deals. Those people understand the risks. The first FW post tells posters not to rely on the included insurance unless they're entitled to use the code. Those posters avoid adding a coupon to the "magic" codes. They don't want to have an airport clerk reviewing the contract. Posters on DIS are adding coupons.

There are several posters on DIS who don't seem aware they're using a "private code".

Some people are using the code as a "game". Those people understand the risk. A person who can't afford to rent a car without the code is one who shouldn't be using it. What happens if they are given a walkup rate or have an accident?

Sorry but a deal that can't be confirmed with National isn't a deal that should be promoted on DIS. DIS is a board that provides help to occasional travelers, not to experienced travelers looking how to exploit (temporary) lapses by a supplier in enforcing rules.

Well Stated!!!

I don't think the info on the DIS should be edited but you do have to remember the following.

4. Warranty Disclaimer. Use of any information obtained via The DIS is at your own risk. Werner Technologies or its licensors, employees or agents make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from use of the service.

Sometimes if it looks to good to be true it ususally is:confused3

Reading last few posts has got me a bit perturbed.

If a code is SO SECET that it cannot be talked about then edit/modify gibe infractions etc. Mods do that for other digressions.

I have called National about one of the "SECRET" codes. 77 I believe - The CSM - who was not even in the US asked me if I got if off the internet. THEY KNOW.

You can call it whatever you want - the 57 code - the 77 code - the better than sex code - oh wait that last aint right - its better than visa code - ok jk on last one. They are not that difficult to find by them or us.

Bottom line. If a Contract ID id meant for public use. POST IT here. I want to save $$$ on my rental. If its meant for travel agents, mortgage companies, people with foreign passports or employees of certain colleges or businesses etc then the mods should be doing their jobs

Can we get to posting contracts ID's/Coupons that actually work - and they must be within the rules of the rental contract- perhaps state what affiliation you must have and what you have to show if anything.

It wasn't the calling that killed the 57/77/87 codes - it was the posting of them here and, to be fair and honest, other places on the net as well.

I don't think there is a current DIS rule regarding sharing private rental car codes. If there was this thread would have been locked and posts edited.

National knows how many cars are reserved with various codes. Too many people use the code and National will figure it out. I agree it wasn't just the calling but the number of sites that posted the code and the number of customers that used the code.

Reading last few posts has got me a bit perturbed.

If a code is SO SECET that it cannot be talked about then edit/modify gibe infractions etc. Mods do that for other digressions.

I have called National about one of the "SECRET" codes. 77 I believe - The CSM - who was not even in the US asked me if I got if off the internet. THEY KNOW.

You can call it whatever you want - the 57 code - the 77 code - the better than sex code - oh wait that last aint right - its better than visa code - ok jk on last one. They are not that difficult to find by them or us.

Bottom line. If a Contract ID id meant for public use. POST IT here. I want to save $$$ on my rental. If its meant for travel agents, mortgage companies, people with foreign passports or employees of certain colleges or businesses etc then the mods should be doing their jobs

Can we get to posting contracts ID's/Coupons that actually work - and they must be within the rules of the rental contract- perhaps state what affiliation you must have and what you have to show if anything.

It wasn't the calling that killed the 57/77/87 codes - it was the posting of them here and, to be fair and honest, other places on the net as well.

I have reservation with the 67 code for Nov. trip. Cost: 120.00, I also have one with Alamo using 7014295 which you pay with AMEX cost: 185.43. I'm still now sure what I'll do. :confused3 First, I'll keep watching for better National discount & use coupon. I'll make up my mind before we leave because I like to check in online (Alamo) so I can just walk out & pick car like using EA.

After much heming and hawing over this code I've finally decided not to use it, and I will cancel my ressie with National with the 67 code. As much as I'd love to save some money, I don't want to run into any problems with it. I know many people have used it with no problem, but there are a few here who have had a problem and there are enough problems that can arise with travelling with delayed flights and loss of luggage and hurricanes, I just don't want one more thing to stress over. So I will use my back up ressie at avis for now unless I find a better last minute deal at National, I do like using the Emerald Aisle. I wish those of you who use it good luck and congrats if it works. Linda :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter