Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with NY. Almost all credit card coverages are secondary and claims go to your personal auto policy first.

Diners Club provides primary coverage as does a few corporate cards.

Actually, when you live in NY and NY only it has to go through your primary insurance first and then the Visa protection kicks in to pay your deductable. Apparantly there is some law that precludes the Visa insurance from paying it in full for us. I only know this because we were in an accident with our rental car in FL in April and used our Visa card, the insurance through Visa was very nice and he expalined the process to me, sent me all the paperwork I needed and I filled it all out. Fortunately I didn't end up having to pay for anything as the person who hit us was issued a citation and their insurance picked up everything. But the protocallis your insurance first, then any deductable will eb covered by VIsa benefits if you live in NY.

Where can I get this 77 code?? My rental is coming to 950.00 for 2 weeks for a minivan(we need one as there are 6 of us):confused3

It has nothing to do with NY. Almost all credit card coverages are secondary and claims go to your personal auto policy first.

Diners Club provides primary coverage as does a few corporate cards.

When I called it was explained that they would be able to only pay the deductable from my insurance because I live in NY. The claims rep said I could put the claim completely through my Visa card if I did not live in NY. I know how primary and secondary insurance work, etc. But I am only relaying what happened in my experience.

Even more interesting is that when I try to enter the code ending in *77 , it comes as invalid. Now this is just 10 min after the previous poster used it.

Hmmmmm.......

Kris:eek:

Even more interesting is that when I try to enter the code ending in *77 , it comes as invalid. Now this is just 10 min after the previous poster used it.

Hmmmmm.......

Kris:eek:

I just tested it at 9:15am and it works just fine. Took the test ressie from $372 to $133 for a seven day midclass rental.

I just modified a Sept ressie with the *67 code to a Dec rental with the *77 code. It worked fine. We used the *67 code in May & all was well. When I tried to modify my ressie with the *67 it wouldn't work. So, now the *77 works.O.K. What is this *77 anyway?:upsidedow

The 77 code is also a Travel Solutions code subject to all of the same risks. This code was discussed in one of these threads with the 57 and 67 codes back in April/May sometime. All three are related to Travel Solutions. I imagine National will pull this code next. As stated before, beware of any code that includes insurance and charges no fees. These are a for international travelers because of the differences in insurancce coverages outside of the US.

The 77 code is also a Travel Solutions code subject to all of the same risks. This code was discussed in one of these threads with the 57 and 67 codes back in April/May sometime. All three are related to Travel Solutions. I imagine National will pull this code next. As stated before, beware of any code that includes insurance and charges no fees. These are a for international travelers because of the differences in insurancce coverages outside of the US.

Does this mean it is acceptable for a Canadian to use these codes?
Thank you

I just tried the 77 code and got "not valid". Which field should I be entering this code in? I tried Coupon ID and that's when I got the "not valid" message.

Crud. Does this mean the the original 87 Visa code that includes insurance is not meant for general use?

Crud. Does this mean the the original 87 Visa code that includes insurance is not meant for general use?
The Visa code includes insurance. It was for international travelers (from outside the US) that have a Visa card. The offer for those folks has expired.

No car rental company that I know of comps insurance, fees and taxes for the American general public. Anytime you see those for "free" you're looking at either a rate for international travelers, or a negotiated corporate contract for authorized users....like Travel Agents, or other corporations that have an agreement stipulating authorized users for the code. Some can be used for business only, others allow authorized users to use them for business and leisure.

"67" worked fine at LAX last week.

Used EA.

No questions asked other than agent confirming rate on the rental agreement.

Its getting closer to our trip and I'm getting a little nervous about using the 67 code I made our ressie with. I'm nervous about them excepting it without any ID even though many have used it with no problem and I nervous about getting into an accident and not having the company ID so the car won't even be paid to be fixed with their insurance or mine (as someone brought up on an earlier post after having an accident). So I went back and tried all the codes again and could'nt get a car for less than $350 for a midsize for 7 days. With the 67 code its 92.25, this is just to much stress over a rental car! :scared1: Linda

I tried to use the 67 code last night for a new October booking and it would not provide a rate, is the code no longer open for bookings?

Pj

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter