August 2012 Car Rental Thread

What are your dates? Holy cow that is WAY lower than I have seen minivans so far!

ETA) Just checked my dates. The city special for a minivan for us would be $839.00. LOL..not a chance!

839$ :crazy2::crazy2: that's nuts!

My dates are aug. 26 to Sept. 2

839$ :crazy2::crazy2: that's nuts!

My dates are aug. 26 to Sept. 2

Mine are August 23rd to Sept 3rd. Strange how it's so different in such a short time span! I was able to get a car for the 11 days for 179. It will hold the 5 of us. A van would have been nice, but not necessary. Congrats on your good price!!!:)

:yay: :yay::yay:

Dollar has a "city special" right now for Orlando.
I got a mini van for 185$ :goodvibes

The also had Full size for 108$

Just to clarify for others.....the prices above do not include taxes and fees. The $185 van = a $254 final price once all the fees and taxes are added on. Worth mentioning so no one gets "surprised" :thumbsup2 .

Rates shot way back up for my dates this morning. Looks like we are firm with a Standard rental for 11 days with Alamo at 179. I can't complain!! :cool1:

Anyone traveling next week and using Alamo may want to check rates - my rate dropped for pick up on 8/30 I've got a standard for 11 days INCLUDING TAXES $139. This is other lowest rate I've seen in months!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just rebooked through Alamo. The rates dropped this morning (day before we leave). For 10 day rental, Aug 25~Sep 3, Standard, the rates came out to be $136. I'm using BJ's coupon AD8Z21SDB, $40 off for 10 day rental.

I rebooked as well- $127.93 for a midsize for 9 days (8/25-9/3). So pumped for tomorrow!! Yay!

Have a great trip!

Booked a standard with Alamo there were minivans in the standard aisle. Pretty good score, $155 for ten days and drove out with the minivan.

donnaf516 said:
Booked a standard with Alamo there were minivans in the standard aisle. Pretty good score, $155 for ten days and drove out with the minivan.

Nice!

When we got there last tuesday at 1030am there was at least one minivan in the standard aisle. Also, use the kiosk if you can. The counter line was nuts even at that time of the morning. We were in and out in 5 min at the kiosk

After all this I ended up canceling our rental - my stepdad booked us a limo as a birthday gift for my mom :) gonna put my car rental $ towards some souvenirs now I guess!

anyone go with Dollar at MCO?

I've read MANY reviews online (just google it and you'll find lots) saying they are extremely bad and charge you extra ontop of what was originally booked (they add insurance without trying to inform you and many other issues).

Hi all! A fellow car renter (in September) here. :hyper:

Can any August renters report what they've seen in the Alamo aisles? I believe I have 2 booked - one compact at 182 / one midsize at 188. A whopping $6 difference, but if I can save in gas or what-have-you, then fine. It's only going to be two of us, so no big deal.

Any reports?

TIA!!! :worship:

Hi all! A fellow car renter (in September) here. :hyper:

Can any August renters report what they've seen in the Alamo aisles? I believe I have 2 booked - one compact at 182 / one midsize at 188. A whopping $6 difference, but if I can save in gas or what-have-you, then fine. It's only going to be two of us, so no big deal.

Any reports?

TIA!!! :worship:

I had a mid-size and got a Chrysler 200. Only had 12,000 miles on it.

Ugh -- we got a Crown Victoria -- most uncomfortable car I have ever had the misfortune of driving.had a huge center back rest piece that was just awkward! Avoid!

Ugh -- we got a Crown Victoria -- most uncomfortable car I have ever had the misfortune of driving.had a huge center back rest piece that was just awkward! Avoid!

Why ever did you select that? Or, if it was assigned, why didn't you ask for something else? They are big gigantic land arks. Happy the will no longer be made, along with the Grand Marquis.

It was all they had for full size. When we returned from our cruise they tried to give it to me again and I decided to downgrade rather than take it.

It was all they had for full size. When we returned from our cruise they tried to give it to me again and I decided to downgrade rather than take it.

Where was this? The crown vic is a Premium car. Must have been an incredibly busy time if this was MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter