August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Anyone have any more info on the T Code? Almost too good to be true. 8/14-8/20 is $262 for a mini van. Any membership/code associated with it. Just would hate to check in and find that the code is bogus. Thanks for the help. MDM

Just used the "T" code at MCO last week. No problem at all- not even an eye blink. When I returned the SUV, the attendant said he was checking that the tank had been filled. I told him that fuel was included in my rate and again not even an eye blink.
If it makes you feel better to have a back up code do that. As I've stated previously though, we have used the different variations of this code for years at airports throughout the country and have never had a problem.

Does anyone have any good rental codes for a minivan pickup in Tampa? Right now I have a weekly total rate of $429 with Alamo. I've been checking everyday. The rates are still higher than what I have. Thanks!!!

I hesitate to post on this topic because of where I work, but, just a FYI. Dollar and Thrifty share ONE row on each side of the airport. That means, one row, two sides(not a lot of cars or selection). They assign your car, you do not get to select it. No kiosk, counter only.

Unless things have changed since April, you DO get to select your car at Dollar. We had rented a full size, went to the appropriate aisle and had our choice of some pretty well beaten Crown Victorias or newer Altimas. We took the Altima.

(Just double checked my reservation from then to ensure it was Dollar).

Not sure if they changed or not, but every single person I direct to Dollar or Thrifty (apparently reading signs is not something anyone does anymore) has a rental contract and the location of their vehicle. Also, I am asked a bunch where a certain parking space for Dollar/thrifty is, so, that would lead me to believe the vehicles are preassigned. If I run across my friend who works for Dollar, I will ask her and get back to update.

Unless they've changed since we last used Dollar (more than a year, I'll admit), we were given a contract, set of keys and pointed to a specific space. We were allowed to bypass the counter and check in at the garage due to Express membership.

can someone give me the t-code for a car rental in ft myers. also... what car agency is it.

Thanks to all of you - I have been following carefully and cheering everyone on to get the best deals possible and picked up a few tips along the way.:cool1:

Got a Fullsize from Alamo - all inclusive for 13 days out of Tampa for $332. Was glad to take a compact or midsize but whichever combo of codes I used had the Fullsize for less! Go figure!

Forgoing ME this trip because we are picking up an RCCL cruise out of Canaveral after 6 nights at BLT, then returning to WLV for the weekend before flying back home from Tampa on Sunday night.

Two questions, then...

How long will the drive take to WDW? Which Walmart do I stop at for room supplies?

AND... Think I can do ANY better on my rental?????? :rolleyes1 TIA!

can someone give me the t-code for a car rental in ft myers. also... what car agency is it.

It's Alamo ....I honestly would not recommend using in in ft Myers it's a small airport and does not have the volume Orlando does....it took the agent at the counter about 10 minutes to get the code approved by her supervisor and she said that they usually turn down the foreign codes if you are a US citizen instead of the nationality the code relates to in this case Germany......the onlymreason i took a chance with it was my hubby really wanted a mini van instead of a car.....cars were pretty much the same rate with other codes on national.....

Thanks to all of you - I have been following carefully and cheering everyone on to get the best deals possible and picked up a few tips along the way.:cool1:

Got a Fullsize from Alamo - all inclusive for 13 days out of Tampa for $332. Was glad to take a compact or midsize but whichever combo of codes I used had the Fullsize for less! Go figure!

Forgoing ME this trip because we are picking up an RCCL cruise out of Canaveral after 6 nights at BLT, then returning to WLV for the weekend before flying back home from Tampa on Sunday night.

Two questions, then...

How long will the drive take to WDW? Which Walmart do I stop at for room supplies?

AND... Think I can do ANY better on my rental?????? :rolleyes1 TIA!

Can't tell you which Walmart is best or about your price - but the trip from Tampa to WDW without traffic is a little over an hour.

One week away from our trip! :woohoo:

Here's my question...

My plan is to pick up our rental from Alamo while DH and kids take the ME. Will I have a problem since I want to add DH as an additional driver? I already entered his information on line but will they ask to see his license when I pick up the car? We are both Alamo insiders if that makes a difference. Also do I need to go to the kiosk or can I go directly to the car since I did the online check in thing?

I was on the first flight out of ewr yesterday. When I got to the full size aisle at Alamo it was loaded with mini vans. Grabbed myself a brandy new Chrysler T&C and I was off. I did find it odd that the agent at the exit questioned the mini van to which I responded there was several vans in the full line. He still called it in I guess to clear it but no issues. I wasn't able to get better than 152 for 9 days but I'm very happy getting the van for my stay.

I was on the first flight out of ewr yesterday. When I got to the full size aisle at Alamo it was loaded with mini vans. Grabbed myself a brandy new Chrysler T&C and I was off. I did find it odd that the agent at the exit questioned the mini van to which I responded there was several vans in the full line. He still called it in I guess to clear it but no issues. I wasn't able to get better than 152 for 9 days but I'm very happy getting the van for my stay.

What else was in the aisle? Cause if we have to take a minivan I might as well shoot myself now. LOL. (only joking, but I don't want a minivan)

Just checked my alamo reservations for Aug 19-30 and rate when down $30 to $205. :banana:

jetsetter90 said:
Just checked my alamo reservations for Aug 19-30 and rate when down $30 to $205. :banana:

That's great! I checked mine and its higher....but I'm pretty sure that I locked in at the best rate -$155 including taxes for 11 days!

base rates for aug 21-27 are down again today (135 base for midsize, -35 coupon/ 158 with tax) - that's as low as they've been in a few weeks

Still, not as low as the 109 total I got a few weeks ago.

buffettgirl said:
What else was in the aisle? Cause if we have to take a minivan I might as well shoot myself now. LOL. (only joking, but I don't want a minivan)

Couple impalas but I didn't need to go far down to find the one I liked

Mine (24-31) is about $75 higher right now...maybe in a few days it will drop, but I kind of doubt I'll do better than $135 all in.

One week away from our trip! :woohoo:

Here's my question...

My plan is to pick up our rental from Alamo while DH and kids take the ME. Will I have a problem since I want to add DH as an additional driver? I already entered his information on line but will they ask to see his license when I pick up the car? We are both Alamo insiders if that makes a difference. Also do I need to go to the kiosk or can I go directly to the car since I did the online check in thing?

You will need to have your DH with you when you pick up the car. You can add him at the kiosk, you cannot do an additional driver and get an online checkin.
Another alternative is to do your above scenario and add your DH at the Car Care Center at Disney or any other Alamo location.

Don't worry, if you check in with the greeter and tell them you want a car, one will be found for you if none are in the row.

Did you get a T&C with leather interior? If so, it has a DVD player in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter