August 2012 Car Rental Thread

Is there any Alamo coupon valid for 4 days without Sunday night keep?

Or can someone please tell me what the best deal is for 8/7-8/11/12 for MCO? Any car other than Compact/Economy? I tried the Amex, Costco and the German code and it is still expensive. Thanks in advance.

Edit to add: I currently have a reservation for a Midsize with E-Z rent a car for $122 total, but I am worried that this is a discount rent-a-car company and would prefer to go with the mainstream ones instead.

Here is a link for a Visa coupon which will save you $15. You will need to use a VISA card to pay for the rental. 3 nt minimum plus a Sat night stay. Hope it helps.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/discoun...=15&pageId=197

I have been watching the car rentals faithfully after learning the hard way that prices go up :eek: Today I got my rental for 1 week picking up at MCO (not where I wanted but it is cheaper) and droping off at the Car Care Centre for $138.99! That is the best price so far for me. I used the Alamo insiders, a $20.00 off busy web server coupon and the Costco discount. I have another week so I will be checking everyday hoping that it will go down more popcorn:: Thanks for all the info it helped me :thumbsup2

**CHECK YOUR ALAMO RATES**

I just saved some more $$ my rates dropped now to $160.12 for a Standard Car for 11 DAYS! That's $14.50 a DAY INCLUDING TAXES!

I really can't believe it's dropped again! I thought $173 would have been the lowest I was going to get and I was really happy with that! So, now I'm in shock!

:confused3 Mine went way up!

Clear your cookies before trying. Sometimes I use different internet browsers too (depending on which computer I'm using). Believe it or not, it makes a difference. I tried earlier and my rates were at $600! Then I logged off, cleared my cookies/browser history and went back on - my rates were down to $160.

What codes are you using? Costco still worked best for me.

Tried clearing the cookies, even tried using my Iphone. Same figures come up, using Costco - 7015309 and coupon AD2359FDF for August 16 to Sep 2 Standard comes to $492!! Thank goodness I have a pretty good rate at $292:)

Tried clearing the cookies, even tried using my Iphone. Same figures come up, using Costco - 7015309 and coupon AD2359FDF for August 16 to Sep 2 Standard comes to $492!! Thank goodness I have a pretty good rate at $292:)

Sorry :( But at least you locked in before it went up too high. Just keep checking you never know, it could drop again.

oh yeah, base insiders rates are WAY up since this morning for my week - like $60 or more up. So truly weird how they figure these things.

My rate leapt up by about 200 dollars today. I am just under 200 for a full-size for 11 days and that looks like where I will stay. I originally budgeted 200 so I'm good with that.
It may do a dive again just before we go, and I plan to check Priceline and Hotwire rates at the 11th hour but I'm not holding my breath.

Mine went up some today, too...no drop here! (I'm sitting at $135 for a standard with additional driver for Aug 24-31.)

I'm using the Costco codes 7014627 and AD2359FDF

Try this combo -- I just did it with your dates (not sure of pick up/drop off times so I just used 12:00) and it came out $146

Where did you get that American Airlines code? It says American Airlines Valley offer. Is it just an AA frequent flyer code? I used it last night (so glad I did) & got a one week compact for $101.66. Today as others have seen the rates went way up.

horselover said:
Where did you get that American Airlines code? It says American Airlines Valley offer. Is it just an AA frequent flyer code? I used it last night (so glad I did) & got a one week compact for $101.66. Today as others have seen the rates went way up.

I thought I got it from this thread? After I used it I signed up for their frequent flyer program just incase I need that info when picking up the car.

I used it in May with zero issues. A ton of people in the May thread used it too:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter