Anyone up? Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding Watch thread

There's a rumor that the newlyweds might have finally snuck off for their honeymoon. They had stayed in London an extra 3 days after the wedding to celebrate Prince Charles 70th birthday. The Palace made it seem like they might not be able to get away for a honeymoon for a few months.

But, Will & Harry traditionally take part in a charity polo match every year for a memorial fund for a deceased school friend that Harry was particularly close to. On Friday, Will attended the polo match alone.

One of the rumors are that the couple may be honeymooning in Namibia, Africa, since they both love Africa so much. But, since that's the popular rumor, they probably are not going there, to avoid paparazzi. Will and Kate had done something similar. There were a lot of rumors of where they might go. Instead, they chose an island in the Seychelles.
Wow - even with all I've watched and read about the Windsors recently I wasn't really aware he was quite that old. Google just told me if he ascends to the throne he will be the oldest person in modern history to ever be crowned. At this point though it is a reasonable possibility his mother might outlive him. :scratchin

Wow - even with all I've watched and read about the Windsors recently I wasn't really aware he was quite that old. Google just told me if he ascends to the throne he will be the oldest person in modern history to ever be crowned. At this point though it is a reasonable possibility his mother might outlive him. :scratchin

Yes, and if the Queen dies at the same age as her mother, at 101, Charles will be 79.

I think, more than likely, he will reign for only a few short years, before dying and Will ascends to the throne.

I know that there is much speculation & debate whether Charles really wants to be King, with all the rules & regulations suddenly placed on him as King. But, I don't see why that really would stop him from wanting to be King. Since he was young enough to understand, he was told he'd be King someday. All this time, he's been rather, a man without a real job. Just "prince in waiting." Being an average male, like others, he was taught the societal Western norm that the male is supposed to become the bread winner and head of the household. I would think, it would be the same that the first Prince would expect to be King. He may not really want all the trappings in the end, but I suspect, he would still want the title. Supposedly, he (and the rest of the Royal family,) were very jealous when Diana got all the spotlight just for what she wore every day, while they were attending boring charity functions and planting yet another tree.

And I think he wouldn't have fought so hard to give Camilla some sort of title of stature, and what she will be known as, when he does ascend to the throne, if it wasn't important to him.

And with walking Meghan down the aisle partway, he's showing he may actually be a "more relaxing of the traditional rules" king. He wants to create a way for his son to rule happily. So he may very well be an important transitional King.

I think, it would be best if he does get to reign for a few short years before Will moves up. Also, how will it affect the Queen if she loses her son and most likely, her husband, in a few short years? As much as any of that may be expected as they all are of an age to go, the actuality and living through the daily grief is a different story. :sad1:

Charles actually wants to be King (though he doesn't wish his mother ill, I'm sure.) He has a long history of actually dabbling in politics (which these days the Crown is not supposed to do); he writes scads of letters to members of Parliament lobbying for causes he is interested in; sometimes too many -- Margaret Thatcher apparently once felt the need to remind him that the PM is the head of the UK government, not the Crown. He's especially interested in UK farm production quality standards (which makes sense; most of the income from the Duchy of Cornwall is from agriculture and food products. His organic products line, Duchy Originals, earns about 3 million annually, the profit goes to his charitable trusts.)

Last edited:
And I think he wouldn't have fought so hard to give Camilla some sort of title of stature, and what she will be known as, when he does ascend to the throne, if it wasn't important to him.

But, but.....I thought Camilla already WAS Queen.

camilla-queen.jpg
eaf1880e389edecee8587e90f83444b1--camilla-parker-bowles-queen-of-england.jpg

But, but.....I thought Camilla already WAS Queen.

camilla-queen.jpg
eaf1880e389edecee8587e90f83444b1--camilla-parker-bowles-queen-of-england.jpg

SSSSSSHHHHH!!!! :ssst: :ssst: :ssst:

Ugh! :headache: None of that was supposed to come out until Harry & Meghan came back from their honeymoon AND announce they already have TWO biracial kids already - neither of which have ginger hair, so people will already be suspicious about who the real father of the kids are. . . and the fact that the kids are 2 and 1-3/4, but they've only been dating for just a year & a half. :scratchin Buckingham Palace believes they will cause enough of a diversion that no one will really notice that Camilla is seated on the throne. :ssst: Did anyone really think Harry & Meghan's marriage was REAL? ;) :ssst:

Latest from TMZ: Harry & Meghan are set to honeymoon in:

CANADA!!! :cool1:

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Canada Bound for Royal Honeymoon

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are heading to a spot with a royal reputation for their honeymoon, and it's not too far from her homeland, just up north of the border ... TMZ has learned.

We're told the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are going to Alberta, Canada's Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge for their post-wedding getaway, and will be staying at the 6,000 sq. ft. Outlook Cabin ... aka "The Royal Retreat."

Our sources say the resort ordered some gear and goodies it doesn't normally keep on hand for Meghan and Harry. It's unclear exactly when they'll be arriving, but we're told both British and Canadian security will be involved when they do.

So, why this place? Well, it's considered a Canadian Paradise -- tucked away in the middle of Jasper National Park -- and has a rich history of royal guests ... from both England and Hollywood.

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother stayed there in 1939, and the current Queen and Prince Philip hit it up in June 2005. Celebs like Anthony Hopkins, John Travolta and Bill Gates vacation there ... and it's where the 1954 Marilyn Monroe/Robert Mitchum film "River of No Return" was shot.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/28/meghan-markle-prince-harry-honeymoon-canada/

Meghan had racist death threats against her when their engagement was first announced. That might have escalated since they got married. :scratchin It would makes sense that they'd pick one of the Commonwealths, if that was the case, so they could depend on the British & Canadian security working together.

Prince Andrew and Sarah honeymooned in Canada. Well their 2nd honeymoon.

Last edited:
Cabanafrau, can your daughter give lottery numbers because I almost fell off my chair hearing about Morgan Freeman last night. I even saw an interview - meaning the pre and post parts, where he knew he was being taped. :faint:

And @Imzadi thanks for the cake information. My mother was gifted at details --all about table settings, the beauty in them. And baking and making things lovely for us all. She could bake like no tomorrow, and had the patience to make things exquisitely detailed, especially cakes. So it was the details of the day that did intrigue me. I smiled when you posted that the cake came from Violet bakery. That is my mom's name!

And this is what I actually came on here for!!!!!

Cabanafrau, can your daughter give lottery numbers because I almost fell off my chair hearing about Morgan Freeman last night. I even saw an interview, where he knew he was being taped. :faint:[/QUOTE]

It's been alleged and reported for years that Morgan Freeman had a relationship with his granddaughter, the one who was recently murdered by a boyfriend.[/QUOTE]

:eek: :eek: :eek: :faint:

Wow! All this threw me for a loop too. :(

What? I had no clue.

We were just joking about Cabanafrau's daughter's list - that contained people she has a strong feeling about for no apparent reason - and within twenty four hours, he was all over the news.

Sorry, I've totally missed the news you're all talking about, no idea about any of this info. My daughter didn't say anything either, so I'm not sure she's heard a thing. Her list is truly off the wall, random and inexplicable even to her.

As to the discussion about the Oprah dislike, for me she just strikes me as pompous and contrived. It put me off years ago when she was promoting charitable efforts so heavily, encouraging her viewers to simplify, simplify their lives and be more giving. Don't get me wrong, all of that is fantastic. Yet in another breath she was revealing details of her luxurious lifestyle in a steady stream -- special china created to celebrate her birthday, etc, something she did for herself. Let's face it her viewers were likely giving much more to charity in proportion to their incomes than she does by a longshot. To me she's no longer real, down to earth.

I remember when I was little I heard talk of Charles possibly marrying Caroline of Monaco.

Once upon a time they were all over the news. And then nothing for so long. She is such a gorgeous woman.

Her daughter looks almost exactly like her.

For what it's worth (not much), the hotel is denying the reports.

And yeah if the rumours were even true, all this might mean a cancellation. Hopefully, they get a peaceful honeymoon.

And an aside, some were calling the choice of Jasper boring. I was surprised by the possibility, but natural beauty and boring is always a perplexing comment for me.

Sorry, I've totally missed the news you're all talking about, no idea about any of this info.

For me it wasn't the information as much as you had just said the list was so random and I agreed. And then mere hours later, one of the odd choices was all over the news.

As for Oprah, it's interesting for me to hear the reasons. Like I said I had no clue how many people disliked her until this thread.

Last edited:
Once upon a time they were all over the news. And then nothing for so long. She is such a gorgeous woman.

Her daughter looks almost exactly like her.

Yes, they look alike, but the daughter is even more beautiful

And yeah if the rumours were even true, all this might mean a cancellation. Hopefully, they get a peaceful honeymoon.

And an aside, some were calling the choice of Jasper boring. I was surprised by the possibility, but natural beauty and boring is always a perplexing comment for me.

They probably have several contingency plans in place, in case the paparazzi descend on any place.

The Palace could have also purposely LEAKED this place to TMZ to throw everyone off track and draw all the paparazzi there.
runaway.gif
They could actually be on their way to Australia instead. Or are hiding out at George Clooney's villa in Italy. Although, being cooped up, doesn't seem like their style, when they camped out under the open stars in Botswana for a second date.

Last edited:
Latest from TMZ Live:

It had been announced months ago that British Intelligence found out little Prince George had a hit put out on him by ISIS. The plot was for any ISIS member to try to kill him at his school. :scared1:

There is an alleged a now convicted terrorist, whose trial just finished in Britain. All this time, he's maintained his innocence, until yesterday, when he admits, yes, he was behind a lot of calls to action to ISIS and one of the is to carry out the plot to kill George at his school. :scared:

The Royal family remain firm that they will NOT remove George from the school he is in, even though it's well know where the school is. They will not cave to terrorism. George is also scheduled to be at some very public event and will be on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on June 9 and they are not changing plans, (other than for the police & counter-terrorism units to beef up security.)

For people who just think being Royals are just a light, fluffy thing and all they do is attend boring charity events & plant trees, remember they are considered political symbols of the country and have a price on their heads. :scared: A great movie to watch on this is Clear & Present Danger, with Harrison Ford. There is a scene near the beginning where one of the Royals is targeted by terrorists. :scared1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter