Anyone up? Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding Watch thread

Were the people that play Mike and Donna there? I only saw the people that play Harvey, Jessica and Lewis. (Sorry I don’t know any of these actor’s actual names. :blush: )

Thanks for posting the links. :thumbsup2

I wondered that too. (And I don't know all of their real names either. :blush: )

I loved when they did a close-up on Louis during the Bishop's long sermon and Louis was looking up like he found studying the stained glass windows more interesting. :rotfl:

Wasn't Burn Notice also a hit for USA? USA is actually a pretty strong cable channel from my understanding.

I must be so clueless! I've gotten no negative vibes from Megan Markle. I just saw two people in love at a nice wedding. It was nice to see Harry settling down because he was quite a wild one for a while. I know virtually nothing about Megan but she sure seemed happy.

Highlighting in bold because I too saw two people in love at a nice wedding. I saw a beautiful woman, who seemed very much in love with him, who REALLY seems like a great match for him in so many ways - her confidence, her grace with all the attention and her seeming ability to handle all the ins and outs of what the Royal Family brings, so far. I only say so far because I have great empathy for what anyone must face with such a change in life. I could not do it for five minutes. I'm excited to see the effect and changes brought to the monarchy - big and small ---the minute starting with pantyhose at every occasion. And I do not think she schemed to get Harry, has never entered my mind.

And yet I feel something something about her, with my special magical powers. :rolleyes: Obviously doesn't affect a thing. :rotfl: Not worried about her, not worried about Harry. They seem both happy, in love and well suited. Just a simple feeling.

And this is what I love about the disboards and I truly have been reminded on this thread - one can't hold two opposing thoughts in a discussion. I am surely not alone in doing that in life.

Who are these people? Who did she use and drop, and how did she use them? I don't see how her family issues support that, family is complicated, especially when divorce is involved. As far as friends, not everyone keeps in touch with high school and college friends. She had been living in Toronto for quote some time. People lose touch. And her friends from the TV show were there.

Yep as were many other friends of hers were there as well.

The Toronto part. We got a tad more coverage of Meghan here. Yet many would not have seen it all here anyway because they were busy with work, life etc. Or could care less. But my situation just happened to be different.
A lot of people have said in their posts that it is based off just a few snippets of Meghan. For me, it was not. I will try to make this short, but will no doubt fail miserably.

I spent the last few years looking after my mother. She had dementia. And in the last couple of years could not even speak. So I had to really think about trying to make her days appealing with me, and not boring the poor woman to tears day in, day out. I don't think the Royal Family rings huge in Canada now, in general - well besides looking at the Queen every single day on our money. But in my parents' generation they were a massive influence here. Even my father, who I'm sure couldn't have given a rat's *** about them :rotfl:, talked about his childhood homes and everyone standing on the train tracks behind them waiting for the Queen to go by (doing the math now, maybe her father/Queen Mother?? Unsure, close.) And my mom took me to see the Queen when I was a child.

So I tried to spark her interest by buying anything on the Queen, and reading to her and showing her the photos. She really seemed to take it all in.

And The Crown, how grateful I was for The Crown. Sigh. It was the one show where my mom seemed mesmerized each and every time we watched. How I wished I could have asked her so many questions! Especially about Margaret, who I remember my mom's friends talking about as a child.

So with the Meghan and Harry situation, I grabbed anything I could. As the Queen, who she loved (and the Queen Mother), is not all over the media! And so much of the chatter found is/was beyond ridiculous. So I refrained, but read and read so I could find something to show her. Prior news, their engagement announcement, engagement interview, anything. We were out and about everywhere here, and we only missed the surprise of Meghan and Harry showing up at City Hall by mere hours. Drat, as that would have been lovely for my mom.

And really looked forward to this wedding. And told her it might even be near/or on her birthday. It was just a couple of days after it. (And off topic, but apparently Meghan and Harry broke tradition of having the wedding on the weekend, I had no clue! So many traditions in the Royal Family.)

So long story short, I probably did read way too much and saw more than others. EDIT: took out things that might have clouded me unfairly, with reading and seeing things.

But once again it's not any one thing anyway, just something inexplicable. And hopefully wrong. And Lord knows I wouldn't my life and choices, coupled with falsities, out there.

And just an aside, Meghan's father was not at her first wedding. So all the hoopla on those days just made me laugh. Who knows why.

Were the people that play Mike and Donna there? I only saw the people that play Harvey, Jessica and Lewis. (Sorry I don’t know any of these actor’s actual names. :blush: )

Yep, they were both there. :thumbsup2

I don't know, I'm not sure about the dog. I can't put my finger on it but there's just something off there. He just doesn't seem genuine, more like a social climber. I mean look at him in that car, it doesn't look like he's really enjoying the ride, just knows cameras are on him and trying to get the Queen to like him. He must know the Queen likes dogs so he knew she was his in.

Probably been working his game since puppyhood. Just waiting for the opportunity. Can't believe it took so long for others to see the truth right in front of their eyes.

His lack of family and friends support this theory.

:rotfl2:The queen part was the best sunshinehighway.

And "his lack of family and friends" also made me laugh. There was an insane story here in Toronto how she left her other dog here, and just chose to take that one, sort of slant. Ridiculous conjecture on it. He is with her friends here, probably because he was older and worried about the flight I would guess. Who knows. She was even asked about it in her engagement interview. She has shown great composure to have so much about her life discussed.

l

Wow, that's a whole lot of conjecture for someone you don't actually know. A whole lot of energy spent on this as well. .

The energy, seemed to me, to be because her thoughts were taken in a different direction. And she was trying to explain that's not where she was going with them.

I know, and it is truly a fault of mine that I wish I could bury, is that I go bat **** crazy when my words are taken somewhere off meaning. The disboards is a lousy place to be on when you have that fault in personality. :laughing:

My youngest daughter has a reputation for being very friendly, very easy going, never met someone who isn't a friend. Ironically she has a "list" of celebrities she will have no part of for reasons she cannot explain. The list is completely random and off the wall. I know that Morgan Freeman and Rachel Ray are on her list. It's always a head scratcher when she announces another name. I know my father could not stand Ethel Merman.

And this is what I actually came on here for!!!!!

Cabanafrau, can your daughter give lottery numbers because I almost fell off my chair hearing about Morgan Freeman last night. I even saw an interview - meaning the pre and post parts, where he knew he was being taped. :faint:

Oh and totally off topic but Meghan and the Queen Mother share the same birthday.

And @Imzadi thanks for the cake information. My mother was gifted at details --all about table settings, the beauty in them. And baking and making things lovely for us all. She could bake like no tomorrow, and had the patience to make things exquisitely detailed, especially cakes. So it was the details of the day that did intrigue me. I smiled when you posted that the cake came from Violet bakery. That is my mom's name!

Last edited:
I loved when they did a close-up on Louis during the Bishop's long sermon and Louis was looking up like he found studying the stained glass windows more interesting. :rotfl:
:rotfl2:

I love him. Could marry him! I should plot.

And I loved the reverend too!:duck::laughing:

Last edited:
I get what people say about Meghan looking like she's posing all the time and perhaps seeming disingenuous. Here is a photo from a while back. Not sure when it was taken. But, I suspect before she met Harry as she isn't dressed so stylishly - for the public. While she is obviously posing in the pic for it to be shot. She's not "posing" - her whole body seems to have a more relaxed quality about it.

image.jpg

Whereas many of her pics since being with Harry have a more "posed" quality. Her body isn't so relaxed. She has more tension in her body & face. I think she's just more self-conscious. She knows she is being studied & dissected by international audiences all over the world. And one bad pose, one slouchy moment, one bad expression, one spinach on a front tooth, will make tabloid headlines all over. :crazy2: :headache:

gettyimages-930948484-1520868183.jpg

Even though she won't admit to knowing about the Royal family, there were shots of her in front of Buckingham Palace as a teen. So, she did see pics of Diana & Fergie and how badly the press treated them at times and the horrible pics that were purposely taken. Who wouldn't be so self conscious of how she is appearing under her circumstances?

[/QUOTE] And this is what I actually came on here for!!!!!

Cabanafrau, can your daughter give lottery numbers because I almost fell off my chair hearing about Morgan Freeman last night. I even saw an interview, where he knew he was being taped. :faint:[/QUOTE]

It's been alleged and reported for years that Morgan Freeman had a relationship with his granddaughter, the one who was recently murdered by a boyfriend.

I read about Meghan's first marriage I read how she sent both her engagement ring and wedding ring back to her husband in the mail. Maybe it is not even true. Maybe that's what people do (hopefully not :drinking1), I have no clue. But since by all words he seemed surprised by the split, I felt awful reading it. For whatever reason it might have been done (or not!), I can't imagine loving someone for so long - they were together years before marriage - and the pain there, in getting that in the mail.

Just conjecture, but he might have been abusive? So she mailed the ring back instead of having a meeting in person. I have no foundation for that. But, coming from that looney-tunes family, she may have unconsciously picked someone crazy as them. Crazy & abusive felt familiar. Until she learned better. :confused3

And The Crown, how grateful I was for The Crown. Sigh. It was the one show where my mom seemed mesmerized each and every time we watched. How I wished I could have asked her so many questions! Especially about Margaret, who I remember my mom's friends talking about as a child.

:hug: Did you two get to watch Victoria, too on Masterpiece Theatre? I love that show too. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:The queen part was the best sunshinehighway.

And "his lack of family and friends" also made me laugh. There was an insane story here in Toronto how she left her other dog here, and just chose to take that one, sort of slant. Ridiculous conjecture on it. He is with her friends here, probably because he was older and worried about the flight I would guess. Who knows.

:eek: That's right! Meghan left the other dog. It might not have been her choice, but Guy forced her to do it, so he could leave his old friends behind. :eek: :sad2:

Cabanafrau, can your daughter give lottery numbers because I almost fell off my chair hearing about Morgan Freeman last night. I even saw an interview, where he knew he was being taped. :faint:

It's been alleged and reported for years that Morgan Freeman had a relationship with his granddaughter, the one who was recently murdered by a boyfriend.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :faint:

Wow! All this threw me for a loop too. :(

Just conjecture, but he might have been abusive? So she mailed the ring back instead of having a meeting in person. I have no foundation for that. But, coming from that looney-tunes family, she may have unconsciously picked someone crazy as them. Crazy & abusive felt familiar. Until she learned better. :confused3

This is why I edited it all out about the rings Imzadi. Because I have no clue, and didn't want to even get into it. But you're too quick and I'm too slow! It was an example that was ON me - not dirt on her, how it might have clouded me only.

As I simply wondered if reading so much clouded my mind, unfairly.

Marriages end all the time. For good reasons. For personal reasons. And no one's business. But then I took it out because it's not about that for me at all. I have no feelings about her being divorced. In fact, I'm very happy that the monarchy is reaching this century. And divorced people are not given the credit that they often know what they now want in life, and don't want.

You're too quick. :goodvibesAnd I don't want to debate rings on the disboards, it will go nowhere good so very quickly. And really what is to debate anyway. :goodvibes ;)

Last edited:
There's something I've wondered about the guest list, and maybe someone here knows. Why weren't the king and queen of Spain invited? Or Caroline and Albert of Monaco? There didn't seem to be a lot (or any?) European royalty invited (other than the UK, of course)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :faint:

Wow! All this threw me for a loop too. :(

I loved him in Driving Miss Daisy but since hearing the rumours about him I can't stomach him at all. The granddaughter and Freeman continually denied the relationship however when she was murdered some of her texts were read in court further fuelling the fire.

Wow. You are definitely on to something. What do we can really know about "Guy" anyways? Guy isn't even his real name. He's the key to exposing this whole charade.

The story is insane.

I'm sure he is the key.

What a story he has though. From almost being put down to life with the Royal Family. :thumbsup2

This is why I edited it all out about the rings Imzadi. Because I have no clue , and didn't want to even get into it. But you're too quick and I'm too slow! It was an example that was ON me, how it might have clouded me.

As I simply wondered if reading so much clouded my mind, unfairly.

Marriages end all the time. For good reasons. For personal reasons. But then I took it out because it's not about that for me at all, it's just a feeling that I'm pretty sure everyone on here has about someone - in the public or private - in life. Somehow, somewhere - stupid or not. I have no feelings about her being divorced. In fact, I'm very happy that the monarchy is reaching this century. And divorced people are not given the credit that they often know what they now want in life, and don't want.

You're too quick. :goodvibesAnd I don't want to debate rings on the disboards, it will go nowhere good so very quickly. And really what is to debate anyway. :goodvibes ;)

No need to explain or apologize for how you think.

Also, her crazy family in all their glory hadn't come out of the woodwork yet when details were released about her previous marriage. THIS is the latest of what Meghan's half sister said about Meghan's mom on Twitter after the wedding:

nintchdbpict000408336683-e1527066401587.jpg

nintchdbpict0004083366831-e1527066489298.jpg

If you can't read it, it says: "she looked more like a hockey player in the penalty box” at the royal wedding.

“She was probably sitting there crying because she knew that she sold out in cashed in bigger than anyone, and that she isolated our dad. Guilty.”

The half-brother had written an open letter to Harry (not a private one,) ranting and vilifying Meghan and telling Harry to not marry Meghan.

The father, as we all know, worked with a paparazzo and sold pics of himself.

Does anyone STILL not understand why the half-siblings, at least, were not invited to the wedding? :confused3

Last edited:
No I would have loved to have. I think I showed her Victoria & Albert, I think that's the name of the one with Emily Blunt (who I adore).

And I took her to see Victoria & Abdul. Queen Victoria seems like she was a truly interesting character. Good, bad and everything in between.

What? I had no clue.

We were just joking about Cabanafrau's daughter's list - that contained people she has a strong feeling about for no apparent reason - and within twenty four hours, he was all over the news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!