Anyone up? Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding Watch thread

There's something I've wondered about the guest list, and maybe someone here knows. Why weren't the king and queen of Spain invited? Or Caroline and Albert of Monaco? There didn't seem to be a lot (or any?) European royalty invited (other than the UK, of course)

It's just a guess but he's 6th in line for the throne so it's really not on the same level as William's wedding and that gave them more flexibility in who to invite.

There's something I've wondered about the guest list, and maybe someone here knows. Why weren't the king and queen of Spain invited? Or Caroline and Albert of Monaco? There didn't seem to be a lot (or any?) European royalty invited (other than the UK, of course)

I have no real insight moon. But I do think that there isn't much overlap with the royal lives in Monaco.

Who knows if any of the others were about Meghan and Harry choosing for their day, more than any protocol. In tandem with their choices about world leaders not being there. Off topic but I read something this week, about numbers. I was astounded by the number of guests at previous weddings listed - Sarah and Andrew and Diana and Charles, William and Kate. And I saw all those weddings. But holy crap, Meghan and Harry's was intimate in comparison. :laughing:

And as an aside I love how Edward and Sophie (and Anne) totally live more peacefully, re: media coverage. Must be a relief!

Meghan's Suits Wedding

ad_280788845.jpg

I loved "Rachel's" wedding dress on Suits. I knew Meghan couldn't/wouldn't pick one similar as she had to have sleeves. I still thought her real wedding dress would have some embellishment.

It's just a guess but he's 6th in line for the throne so it's really not on the same level as William's wedding and that gave them more flexibility in who to invite.

Yes, I heard this wasn't a "political" wedding, so no foreign dignities had to be invited. Elton John was very happy he made the guest list.

I was astounded by the number of guests at previous weddings listed - Sarah and Andrew and Diana and Charles, William and Kate. And I saw all those weddings. But holy crap, Meghan and Harry's was intimate in comparison. :laughing:

But Charles is 1st in line to the throne.

At that time, Andrew was still second.

Now, William is second in line.

Poor Harry has dropped down to sixth. (Much to his relief I bet.)

But Charles is 1st in line to the throne.

At that time, Andrew was still second.

Now, William is second in line.

Poor Harry has dropped down to sixth. (Much to his relief I bet.)

Yes, I understand. I probably communicated poorly. It wasn't about that at all. I was simply astounded by the numbers in general. :goodvibes
I simply can't imagine walking down the aisle. :rotfl2:Nor royal life in general. I would be mortified to have that many eyes on me.

Poor Diana said later than she did have laser focus walking down the long aisle, looking for Camilla. :sad1:

What? I had no clue.

We were just joking about Cabanafrau's daughter's list - that contained people she has a strong feeling about for no apparent reason - and within twenty four hours, he was all over the news.

Yes, I remember reading Cabanafrau's post and thinking I know why I don't like him but I didn't want the thread to spiral in that direction. Too late now, lol.

Last edited:

What is the disboards without one?

Yes, this thread would have been abnormal had it remained light & fluffy all this time. Posters would have started to get uncomfortable, yet not quite know why. ;) :stir:

Last edited:

It was announced it was not a State Event like Will and Kate’s was (and so no one is “required” to attend)

Fun little interview with Meghan from 2015 before she ever met Prince Harry. Her reaction to the question about him shows me she had never given that question any thought at all. Hardly a grand schemer.

Fun little interview with Meghan from 2015 before she ever met Prince Harry. Her reaction to the question about him shows me she had never given that question any thought at all. Hardly a grand schemer.

And she even mentioned that she had already seen Elton John in concert and loved him. So, she didn't just invite him to the wedding because of his connection to Diana. :thumbsup2

Meghan has received her own coat of arms:

180525102334-duchess-of-sussex-coat-of-arms-exlarge-169.jpg

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex just received a coat of arms, which is full of symbolic nods to Markle’s upbringing — and yet another departure from royal traditional.

Coats of arms are traditionally given to the father of a royal bride-to-be in the days before the wedding, People Magazine reports. But with Markle’s father absent from the wedding, Markle was given the coat of arms directly. And unlike most coats of arms, it does not include Markle’s family name.

Markle worked with the College of Arms to ensure that the design “was both personal and representative,” according to a statement from Kensington Palace — and there’s more to it than meets the eye. Here’s what each part of Markle’s coat of arms means.
Shield

The right half of the shield is filled with nods to California, Markle’s home state. The shield’s blue background represents the Pacific Ocean while its two golden rays represent California sunshine. Golden poppies, California’s state flower, are also dotted across the grass at the shield’s base. [And wintersweet, which grows at Kensington Palace — right outside Meghan and Harry’s cozy Nottingham cottage.] Finally, quills printed on the shield are meant to represent “communication and the power of words,” two things close to Markle’s heart.

Markle’s arms are placed on the shield alongside Prince Harry’s, to symbolize their new union. This means their arms have been “impaled,” according to Kensington Palace.
Supporters

When a woman marries into the royal family, she is given a “supporter”—one of the figures on either side of the shield—and takes one of her husband’s, Kensington Palace explains. “The Supporter relating to The Duchess of Sussex is a songbird with wings elevated as if flying and an open beak, which with the quill represents the power of communication,” the statement says. The other supporter, a lion, is one of Prince Harry’s.
Coronet

The crown topping Markle’s coat of arms “is the Coronet laid down by a Royal Warrant of 1917 for the sons and daughters of the Heir Apparent,” according to Kensington Palace. The crown is decorated with two crosses patée, two strawberry leaves and four fleurs-de-lys.

http://time.com/5292101/meghan-markle-coat-of-arms/

I have no real insight moon. But I do think that there isn't much overlap with the royal lives in Monaco.

Who knows if any of the others were about Meghan and Harry choosing for their day, more than any protocol. In tandem with their choices about world leaders not being there. Off topic but I read something this week, about numbers. I was astounded by the number of guests at previous weddings listed - Sarah and Andrew and Diana and Charles, William and Kate. And I saw all those weddings. But holy crap, Meghan and Harry's was intimate in comparison. :laughing:

I remember when I was little I heard talk of Charles possibly marrying Caroline of Monaco. I dout that they ever dated or even ran in the same circles. Caroline was a wild child, the Queen would have never approved.

I remember when I was little I heard talk of Charles possibly marrying Caroline of Monaco. I dout that they ever dated or even ran in the same circles. Caroline was a wild child, the Queen would have never approved.
Caroline was also a Catholic, which since the English Reformation has been a "NO" for the British monarchy.

Our family had a brush with royalty today. My brother attended a Memorial Day ceremony at the Ardennes American Cemetery in Belgium in honor of our Grandpa who is buried there. There were over 2000 people attending but only 8 families were represented. My brother was seated in the front row with all the dignitaries including the American Ambassador, the US NATO Commander, and the King of Belgium.

There's a rumor that the newlyweds might have finally snuck off for their honeymoon. They had stayed in London an extra 3 days after the wedding to celebrate Prince Charles 70th birthday. The Palace made it seem like they might not be able to get away for a honeymoon for a few months.

But, Will & Harry traditionally take part in a charity polo match every year for a memorial fund for a deceased school friend that Harry was particularly close to. On Friday, Will attended the polo match alone.

One of the rumors are that the couple may be honeymooning in Namibia, Africa, since they both love Africa so much. But, since that's the popular rumor, they probably are not going there, to avoid paparazzi. Will and Kate had done something similar. There were a lot of rumors of where they might go. Instead, they chose an island in the Seychelles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!