Anyone going in May 2008?

Nope! I'll let you meet me first - don't want to scare anyone away! If anyone will be in MK on the 4th, phillytwins & I are planning to meet up by the Country Bear Jamboree entrance between 6:30-7pm. Then we might do boring old lady things like the Steam Boat or Hall of Presidents!

Hey Phillytwins - who opened for Bon Jovi when you saw them - Skid Row or Cinderella??

Nope! I'll let you meet me first - don't want to scare anyone away! If anyone will be in MK on the 4th, phillytwins & I are planning to meet up by the Country Bear Jamboree entrance between 6:30-7pm. Then we might do boring old lady things like the Steam Boat or Hall of Presidents!

Hey Phillytwins - who opened for Bon Jovi when you saw them - Skid Row or Cinderella??

Ok, ok, fine. I won't be in MK that late.

Someone needs to come check my blood pressure.....just had an awful scare....DH calls from the road to say stop packing, his VP left him a message NOT to get on the plane to FL for his conference, something more important came up, he'd call him at 6:30pm. :scared1:

So first I want to cry, then vomit, then I-am-woman-hear-me-roar mode kicks in & I am online finding each & every Disney property available that will let me check in in the next 2 days. Hey I have the free airline ticket and a babysitter - so what if DH doesn't go & I don't have a room? I'll find one! And we weren't staying onsite anyway - now I might have the chance to!!

Then I was actually starting to get excited about going totally solo without DH - then he called that they worked it out & he'll just fly onto the next destination from MCO, still same dates as we had planned. So I've got my free room back now.....whew....I was sweatin' in there for awhile!

OMG :scared1: Glad everything worked out.

Cinderella. Nobody's Fool. Good stuff! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

That is pretty scary about your DH thinking the trip might get cancelled, but I like how you were ready to book an on-site resort if that's what it would take!

Cinderella. Nobody's Fool. Good stuff! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

That is pretty scary about your DH thinking the trip might get cancelled, but I like how you were ready to book an on-site resort if that's what it would take!

When do you leave for WDW? We leave from ABE tomorrow morning, getting into MCO around 1:30.

Oh man Nobody's Fool was awesome! I was a TOTAL headbanging metal head in high school & college. You will never believe me though once you meet me. People can't believe that my favorite band ever was Ratt.

My stomach is in knots, I have a full day ahead of me & NOTHING is packed, no idea where my lime green stuff even is.....it will be a late night over here! Plus my parents are staying here with the kids - my mom is a total OCD clean freak & I am not - so I have a ton of cleaning to do tonight too...

When do you leave for WDW? We leave from ABE tomorrow morning, getting into MCO around 1:30.

Oh man Nobody's Fool was awesome! I was a TOTAL headbanging metal head in high school & college. You will never believe me though once you meet me. People can't believe that my favorite band ever was Ratt.

My stomach is in knots, I have a full day ahead of me & NOTHING is packed, no idea where my lime green stuff even is.....it will be a late night over here! Plus my parents are staying here with the kids - my mom is a total OCD clean freak & I am not - so I have a ton of cleaning to do tonight too...

It is going to be very interesting meeting you. I also have a whole day and no packing is done and I still have to clean the house...instead I'm here, on the Dis. :rotfl2:

I get in at 1:15 tomorrow. :woohoo: Maybe I'll see you at the airport! I'm packed and the car is loaded (I'm driving to Dallas today, and my sister is taking me to the airport in the morning). This was my final check of the DIS before shutting down the computer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

I get in at 1:15 tomorrow. :woohoo: Maybe I'll see you at the airport! I'm packed and the car is loaded (I'm driving to Dallas today, and my sister is taking me to the airport in the morning). This was my final check of the DIS before shutting down the computer.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days.

Yay! Can't wait!

I know Jamstew signed off but I get into MCO at 1:00pm, just checked, so I'll have to look for her there. I'm not checking any bags so I plan to head straight for ground transportation & be on my way...

I just cut out 6 LGMHs - not very precisely either I might add - can't find a hole punch....grrrrr.....

I know Jamstew signed off but I get into MCO at 1:00pm, just checked, so I'll have to look for her there. I'm not checking any bags so I plan to head straight for ground transportation & be on my way...

I just cut out 6 LGMHs - not very precisely either I might add - can't find a hole punch....grrrrr.....

I just packed...the zipper JUST closed :crowded: . My LGMH is a little rough around the edges too.

Hey all! Well we had our meet last night, what a great group! I'm still in FL, I will post pics when I return, or someone else will, I think 4 of us had a camera. I had a great solo trip, will post a short trip report later this week. I met up with DIS-ers every day & that made the trip even more enjoyable.

Hey all! Well we had our meet last night, what a great group! I'm still in FL, I will post pics when I return, or someone else will, I think 4 of us had a camera. I had a great solo trip, will post a short trip report later this week. I met up with DIS-ers every day & that made the trip even more enjoyable.
Boy, I guess I was at WDW at the wrong time then. I would have loved to meet up with all of you. But I had to come home last night. Eight days in WDW, not one LGMH or what appeared to be another solo in sight.

Boy, I guess I was at WDW at the wrong time then. I would have loved to meet up with all of you. But I had to come home last night. Eight days in WDW, not one LGMH or what appeared to be another solo in sight.

I also didn't see a single LGMH other than at our meet! Was it just me or did 90% of the people in WDW have lime green on? Seriously - I never noticed how popular that color is!

I had you on my list to look for, Simba's Mom, but no sightings. Did you have a nice solo trip? I had a great time. Still here but heading to the airport shortly. Can't wait to start planning the next solo or girls trip, just have to think of a way to break it to DH & the kids that they will not be coming with me...

Here we are! From top left going clockwise: Outonarun, GoofyinMaine, Teacup317 (DW of GoofyinMaine), SurferGirl602, SurferGirl602's DH, Nemo32's BF, Nemo32, Jamstew, TaraPA & Marsh0013.

IMG_3098.jpg

Are we a a good looking bunch or what?!

As you can see by this being my very first post...lol I am new here. (thank you Mr. Obvious!) Anyway, my wife and I will be going to WDW for the very first time for either of us on May 19-21. If anyone is going to be there then. We would be happy to say hello and get a bit of help finding our way around the place. :D Have a great day! :yay:

Welcome DisneyNewbie!

HEY where is everyone? I guess they're all still in FL or recovering. It's hard to come back to reality.

County Mounty - no one spotted you - were you there?? I checked out all the white, hairy, Yankee legs & never spotted yours!

PoohHappy - nice to meet you on Wednesday, I heard there might have been a problem with the battery pack on your SIL Karen's wheelcahir, that's why you didn't make the DIS Meet. We missed you!

I never ran into Lustergirl, racefanof88, Tinknme, AristocatLover, LSchrow, Simba's Mom, Glencora or Aubriee - sorry! I was looking! During our DIS Meet a girl walked by with a LGMH & yelled hello but kept going - not sure if she even knew about the meet.

I'm off to work but am downloading 200 pics from the trip. I will do a solo trip report with a few pics tonight if I get the chance. I am seriously SO READY to start planning my next solo trip! Anyone game?

Hey Tara!
Great meeting you at MK and Epcot! Can't believe both of our meets went so smoothly, considering that I lost my cell phone at the airport (I got it back yesterday though).

I'm so bummed I missed the big Epcot meet on the 6th :( I can't view the picture here at work - they block images on our work computer, but I'll check later when I get home. Sounds like it was a great time!

Nemo - what a great coincidence that we ran into each other at Epcot on the 5th. I couldn't have missed that baggalini(sp?)! Hope you're having a great last few days.

Carolyn

i'm home too! just got in late last night. was gonna post the pic of the meet, but i see tara beat me too it!

i had so much fun with you guys! hope the rest of your trips have gone/are going well. catch up with you when you return!

Woo hoo we're starting to file back in now I see!

Here is a pic of Phillytwins (Carolyn) and I in MK on 5/4...

IMG_2901.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter