Anyone going in May 2008?

Just FYI: I just got back from Wal Mart's. Yeah, I'm a night person and shop weird hours:rotfl: . Anyway, I found the cutest pair of lime green flip flops there for just $4.88. They're an OP brand and have a white sole bed with lime green, yellow, orange, and a little aqua design, but the sides and bottoms are bright lime green and the straps are a really shiny light lime green with very tiny white polka dots that don't really show up. Being that cheap, I don't know how good they'll be, but I came home and put them on and they feel cushy so far. I'm going to wear them today and see how they feel. If they're still comfortable by this afternoon, I think I'll drop them in my bag for my WDW trip. I've got a couple of pairs of green capris and a lime green Overland Donner Placer bag I'm carrying, so have things to match them:rolleyes1 . I usually wear Teva Mush flip flops, Reef flip flops, or Montrail Molokini flip flops, but these cheapies feel pretty good and they are just adorable.

A late nighter! Someone after my own heart! :lovestruc Anyway, Reef is good, I have those flip flops in black. The bargain ones you found sound cute, put a pic up if you get a chance!

I looked the flip-flops, and they also had some LG Keds-style tennis shoes, but I have to do really good shoes for the parks. It was extremely tempting, though

I looked the flip-flops, and they also had some LG Keds-style tennis shoes, but I have to do really good shoes for the parks. It was extremely tempting, though

Yeah, Keds tennis shoes wouldn't cut it in the parks. :rotfl:

OMG I seriously need a spreadsheet to help me ID everyone. I think I'll go back & find the hints you all posted on hats, shirts, hair color, etc. & write them down to take with me. If anyone is comfortable posting what days they'll be in which parks that would help me out too! Heck if your comfortable post a darn picture! I'm getting so confused! Any reliable weather updates for next week? I may change my mind as to which park I'm heading to for the day depending on the weather.

Anyone staying offsite on I Drive 5/4-7?

I have no problem posting my internary, of course I'm too indecisive so I dont have a very good one planned out :). I also have no problem with posting a picture if I get the time later. Some of the people have probably already left
and therefore may not be able to do an update. I plan to have my laptop with me and will check each evening just to see if there is anything new.

I will be in Epcot on the 6th for sure and probably there on the 5th as well but not certain, I am still debating whether to do another park that day.
I was going to do a keys to the kingdom tour with someone but their plans changed so now I'm leaning back toward Epcot for both days.
I also will be at either the Boardwalk or Downtown Disney the 4th night. I am staying off site in Lake Buena Vista.

If I get a chance tonight (I'm working a double for my last day before vacation :sad2: ) I will post a picture if I can figure out how. I am working on a good way to attach LGMH to either my hat or shirt. Most likely just going to be dangling one or two somewhere. It will probably look silly but I dont care, do most people just attach the card as a whole or try to trim around the Mickey. I too am going to have to read back through to try to figure out what to look for. It's going to be quite a challanging and fun search I think.

CountyMounty,
What I do with the lime green Mickey heads is trim around two of them, then glue them back to back, let dry, and write my screen name and cell phone # on both sides of the LGMH with a thin permanent marker. WalMart has the self laminating luggage tags that come in sets of like 4 or 5. I take my LGMH and laminate it into a luggage tag, then pull the little rubber loop thingy (which is included in the set) through the hole in the luggage tag, then it will attach to anything. Other than letting the glue dry, it take about 2 minutes to make.

OMG I seriously need a spreadsheet to help me ID everyone. I think I'll go back & find the hints you all posted on hats, shirts, hair color, etc. & write them down to take with me. If anyone is comfortable posting what days they'll be in which parks that would help me out too!

5/4 (arrival evening) - Epcot for dinner & IllumiNations
5/5 Epcot
5/6 MGM, then Epcot for Dis meet
5/7 MK, then MGM for Fantasmic!
5/8 MGM, then MK for Spectromagic
5/9 AK, then Epcot for dinner
5/10 & 11 - no plans except meals :scared1:

IMG_0887-1.jpg

Thanks for posting everyone - lovely pic Jamie! I seriously printed out the list of whose going, & wrote notes by each name of things everyone said about themselves, their bags, clothing, LGMH's, etc. I could be apprehended as a stalker for this!

Can we stop talking about shoes already - I'm having enough trouble keeping up with all the bags! :rotfl2:

I don't think I have a pic of me to post - well maybe from a previous WDW trip with the kids - I'll check tonight & post one if I can find one. I'm very short (4'11") with short dark blonde hair & with the FL humidity will most likely have on either a pink GAP hat or a grey GAP hat. Small-ish Coach patchwork sling bag in brown/black/pink/pirple/etc. 30-something. Ok almost 40-something! LOL!!! I almost always wear khaki bermuda shorts with a polo shirt in WDW, no idea why. I'm a Ralph Lauren fanatic, look for the little polo pony on my shirt & you will have found me! I have 1 lime green polo I will wear on the 6th for the meet. Looks like a few of us will be in Epcot on the 5th a well - I plan to hit AK in the morning/afternoon but will head over when AK closes, and plan to look for everyone. Anyone else in MK on Sunday the 4th? Nemo - I think you were going that evening as well. I don't arrive in MCO til 1:30, so it will be 3-4pm til I get to MK. I'm offsite so I can't stay for EMH, need to hop over to Epcot where my hotel shuttle picks up at 10:30pm. Off to work now but I'll be back after 8pm tonight.

Hi! I just found this thread. I'll be going solo for the first time May 3rd - 6th. Won't be able to do the Epcot meet on the 6th (6pm flight home), but here's my tentative schedule:

5/3 MGM
5/4 MK
5/5 Epcot
5/6 AK

Staying at ASMu Sat. night and AKL Sun and Mon nights.

Anyone up for a meet at MK on 5/4?

Thanks!
Carolyn

I am working on a good way to attach LGMH to either my hat or shirt. Most likely just going to be dangling one or two somewhere. It will probably look silly but I dont care, do most people just attach the card as a whole or try to trim around the Mickey. I too am going to have to read back through to try to figure out what to look for. It's going to be quite a challanging and fun search I think.

You might just get a small safety pin and pin it on your shirt or cap. I'd do that if I could find a safety pin :rotfl:

I seriously printed out the list of whose going, & wrote notes by each name of things everyone said about themselves, their bags, clothing, LGMH's, etc. I could be apprehended as a stalker for this!

Can we stop talking about shoes already - I'm having enough trouble keeping up with all the bags! :rotfl2:

I don't think I have a pic of me to post - well maybe from a previous WDW trip with the kids - I'll check tonight & post one if I can find one. I'm very short (4'11") with short dark blonde hair & with the FL humidity will most likely have on either a pink GAP hat or a grey GAP hat. Small-ish Coach patchwork sling bag in brown/black/pink/pirple/etc. 30-something. Ok almost 40-something! LOL!!! I almost always wear khaki bermuda shorts with a polo shirt in WDW, no idea why. I'm a Ralph Lauren fanatic, look for the little polo pony on my shirt & you will have found me! I have 1 lime green polo I will wear on the 6th for the meet. Looks like a few of us will be in Epcot on the 5th a well - I plan to hit AK in the morning/afternoon but will head over when AK closes, and plan to look for everyone. Anyone else in MK on Sunday the 4th? Nemo - I think you were going that evening as well. I don't arrive in MCO til 1:30, so it will be 3-4pm til I get to MK. I'm offsite so I can't stay for EMH, need to hop over to Epcot where my hotel shuttle picks up at 10:30pm. Off to work now but I'll be back after 8pm tonight.

YAY - I can look for somebody shorter than me :goodvibes

OMG I seriously need a spreadsheet to help me ID everyone. I think I'll go back & find the hints you all posted on hats, shirts, hair color, etc. & write them down to take with me. If anyone is comfortable posting what days they'll be in which parks that would help me out too! Heck if your comfortable post a darn picture! I'm getting so confused! Any reliable weather updates for next week? I may change my mind as to which park I'm heading to for the day depending on the weather.

Anyone staying offsite on I Drive 5/4-7?

No pics, but....I am 5'6". Medium build. Straight, long, brown hair. Big smile. I look young. I keep getting "carded" at liquor stores and LMAO about it! I'll let you guess how old when you see me...

Here is my fairly firm schedule...

5/2 Check in and POR pool for the afternoon. This New England body needs some sun!!! :laughing: WPE or RFC (DD) dinner. Piano man Bob in the evening.

5/3 Kona breakfast...Tonga Toast! Tour some resorts. DD and Comedy club or RR for music.

5/4 TL with a friend...anyone else want to join us? Move to SSR. Dinner at Flying Fish with relatives.

5/5 AK then Yachtsman.

5/6 EPCOT. Dinner at Chef's. DIS meet!:banana:

5/7 Relax. Pool time at SSR. Maybe afternoon tea at GF. Dinner at Cape May Buffet.

5/8 EPCOT with lunch at Coral Reef. Drink around the world:rolleyes1 Wobble back to SSR:lmao:

5/9 heading home late afternoon. Back to reality....

Can't wait to meet everyone!:dance3:

Well i couldn't figure out how to post a picture, I actually wanted to send in PM to some of you because the only recent picture I had with me here was one in uniform and I just didn't want that out there in public view but anyway I couldn't figure out how to do it since I do not have it posted on any site to link to. So no pic I guess unless someoen specifically wants it and PM's me an email address.

Anyway I wish I had more time to do up the LGMH good but I dont, I am going to try to cut out two and past them back to back and them just dangle them off my shirt or back off hat. Just making last minute plans definately looking like Epcot both the 5th and 6th. There seems as though there are goign to be atleast 5 or 6 of us there on both days so hopefully we will get lucky and meet up.

Here is my cell phone number for anyone in Epcot on those days who gets tired of searching and wants to cheat just give it a ring 207-598-7531.

I'm late 40's, 5'6", overweight, short dk brown (and in Florida will be frizzy) hair. I'll probably have a small lime green Donner Equipment Placer bag with a LGMH attached and may be wearing a white hat with a LGMH embroidered on the front and my screen name (also in lime green) embroidered on the back, covered with Tinkerbell pins.

Schedule:
Sat 5/3- arrive around lunch, DTD, Flying Fish for dinner

Sun 5/4- Epcot, Yachtsman for dinner

Mon 5/5- MGM in AM, Rose & Crown for lunch, Citricos for dinner

Tues 5/6- MK, California Grill for dinner

Wed 5/7- MK, Jiko for dinner

Thurs 5/8- Epcot, Artist Point for dinner

Fri 5/9- AK, Narcoosee for dinner

Sat 5/10- Epcot in AM (one last ride on Soarin'), Lunch Le Cellier, home

Hi! I just found this thread. I'll be going solo for the first time May 3rd - 6th. Won't be able to do the Epcot meet on the 6th (6pm flight home), but here's my tentative schedule:

5/3 MGM
5/4 MK
5/5 Epcot
5/6 AK

Staying at ASMu Sat. night and AKL Sun and Mon nights.

Anyone up for a meet at MK on 5/4?

Thanks!
Carolyn

I'll be at MK on the 4th! I get into MCO around 1:30 & will have to take a taxi over to MK, so I'm guessing the earliest I'll be there is 3:30-4pm. I'll probably find a place to eat right away, maybe The Plaza if I can get a seat, or Columbia Harbor House. My only must-do's for MK are POTC, HM & TTA. I'll have some sort of lime green Mickey Heads on my purse strap or hat. I'd be happy to try & find you!

So where in Philly are you from? I live 45 min. north of Philly. DH used to work on City Line Ave & now is in Newtown Square.

Ok I dug out a pic from December with DS7....sorry I don't know how to make it smaller!

IMG_2298.jpg

Hello May travelers!

It is about time for our trips to WDW!!

I am borrowing a computer (I am already on vacation), and only have a few moments to use it right now, so I am printing out the last two pages of posts, will read up on people's park visiting plans, and look forward to meeting up with many of you. I'll post my plans this evening, when I have some more time on this computer.

Safe travels, folks!

Teri

Phillytwins:

Do you want to meet at MGM on 5/3? I will pm you my cell#.

I am staying at the ASM on Saturday, too!

Sunday at MK is a possibility, too. With TaraPA arriving later in the day.

Taek care,

Teri

I'll be at MK on the 4th! I get into MCO around 1:30 & will have to take a taxi over to MK, so I'm guessing the earliest I'll be there is 3:30-4pm. I'll probably find a place to eat right away, maybe The Plaza if I can get a seat, or Columbia Harbor House. My only must-do's for MK are POTC, HM & TTA. I'll have some sort of lime green Mickey Heads on my purse strap or hat. I'd be happy to try & find you!

So where in Philly are you from? I live 45 min. north of Philly. DH used to work on City Line Ave & now is in Newtown Square.

Hi Tara!
I'll be taking a break from MK back at the hotel in the middle of the day. I'll probably head back to MK at dinner time -- 5 or 6pm. Then I'm going to try to stay for some of the extra magic hours. But I doubt I'll make it till the 2AM close! I also have HM & TTA on my must-do list, so we could try to do one or both of those together. SM is also my favorite. Any interest? I'll send you a pm so we can share info.

I live in Dresher, PA, about 15 miles north of Center Philly. I'm from Long Island, so I can't say I'm a true philly girl, but DH has been here all his life. It's a nice area. Your DH has a bit of a hike to Newtown Square, no?

Bye for now,
Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter