Any DIS Scrappers in NE MA or SNH?

Sigh, I had every intention of coming, but DH got a little moody when I suggested it. So, next time I'll need a little extra notice to butter him up :rotfl2:

Hope you all had fun and got loads done!

Sounds like you guys had a party! Since I wasn't there, someone else must've been able to get a word in edgewise for once. ;)

Pam - did you enjoy your whirlwind NYC day? We had so much fun on our day, but DH has put a nix on the bus for the future. He didn't do so well on the way home - the 'generic' bus had a few problems.

Sounds like you guys had a party! Since I wasn't there, someone else must've been able to get a word in edgewise for once. ;)

Pam - did you enjoy your whirlwind NYC day? We had so much fun on our day, but DH has put a nix on the bus for the future. He didn't do so well on the way home - the 'generic' bus had a few problems.

We did have a lot of fun at the crop - but definitely missed you! We all stayed really late and we all got stuff done...

DS and I had a lot of fun in NYC - the *new* feature of this trip was a visit to the Central Park Zoo to visit the "Madagascar Penguins." (We try to do one new thing on each trip that we haven't done/seen/eaten before.) Too bad about the bus! In all of our trips (20+) we've only gotten that non-MegaBus one once before - and, of course, it didn't have WiFi and that was what DS was looking for as he had just gotten his new iPod touch. Sigh. Sorry to hear DH didn't enjoy that part - you'll have to tell me more later.

Happened to fall off of the swap threads and find this one. Better late than never.....

I'm in Methuen and also go to Scrapbookers Dream as often as possible. I think I may have met a lot of you at the Disney Crop last month - you stinkers got me hooked on swaps. So now I can be behind on albums and swaps! :flower3:

I know I met Pinball and Z2H. I'm not sure who else was there that day who is on the DIS.

My DH and I have a deal. I don't complain when he spends the day at antique/hot rod car shows and he doesn't complain when I spend the day cropping. We just take turns.

I would love to join any crops to get some inspiration and get my stuff done.

I was just reading back on this thread and saw discussion on crop weekends and DVC.

There is another store in Concord, NH - Scrappin' Soul Sisters. Owned by Deb and Jackie. Deb hosts 2 HUGE crops every year. In March and October. She usually sells out within a couple of months of announcing the crop. 150 croppers!
March dates are announced during the October crop.
October dates are announced at the March crop.
The dates and registration form are usually posted online just a little bit after each crop.

Here is the link for their store: http://www.scrappinsoulsisters.com/retreats.php

The crop is at the Beacon Resort in the White Mountains. It's not fancy, but it's clean and the meals are very good. I've been going for about 5 years now.

I've also compared her prices to other crops including the SDV and Deb's prices cannot be beat. 3-day - Quad room for $250! That includes 2 full dinners, 2 full breakfasts and 1 lunch.

I can't look up the price for the SDV in Burlington MA, because the dates have passed. But I looked a while ago and I want to say the price difference was substancial.:flower3:

Meg, I think they were at the crop I went to in NH this past April and the one before at Purity Spring Resort. They have them in April and September, I can only go to one, so I choose April and my friends from Canada also come and we have a ball! I think I paid +/-$300, for Thursday-Sunday, all meals from dinner Thursday to lunch Sunday (incredible food!), snacks each afternoon, and evening, three nights in a room, and plenty of crop space, etc., etc. It's so great!

Click me.

I'm doing their Polar Express package in November, but my hubby doesn't know it yet :rolleyes1

Hi Jennifer. I was looking at that link you sent me. That looks like another great scrapbooking retreat. I was looking at the "scrapping chicks" photo, and I think Deb is in the front row, second from the left.

I go to her retreats with my mom. She lives in Kingston, Ontario. What part of Canada are your friends from?

Meg

Hi Jennifer. I was looking at that link you sent me. That looks like another great scrapbooking retreat. I was looking at the "scrapping chicks" photo, and I think Deb is in the front row, second from the left.

I go to her retreats with my mom. She lives in Kingston, Ontario. What part of Canada are your friends from?

Meg

I'm pretty sure I remember them saying their store name at one point while I was there.

Kingston! I've been to Kingston twice! My friends live in Vernon and Chrysler, Ontario and one of them has ILs with a cottage on Simcoe Island. We took the ferry to Kingston both times we visited (Once was last July when we had a mom-princess weekend! We only left the cottage for toilet paper and more fruit for the margarita machine!). Once again, it's a small world!

As promised when I got the info, I pm'd those who expressed interest in attending the February CT Crop. If I overlooked someone, I am truly sorry. The brain doesn't always function at full capacity. :lmao:

One day or two, you choose! Sat. & Sun. 2/27-2/28/10

A team of Creative Memories consultants have teamed up together to rent the CT Expo Center and create a fun weekend for you to come and work on your photo album projects.

Could you use a day away with your friends, talking, laughing, taking classes, shopping and scrapbooking?? Do you like to get gifts and win prizes?? Then this is the day for you!

If you are interested in more info, please pm me your email address. Feel free to pass the info along to your friends who may also be interested. Please note you will need to secure hotel arrangements separately.

Next off to to up info on the March Cape Cod Crop. :woohoo::woohoo:

FYI for anyone who wants to do a Boston-NYC bus trip anytime before November 14 - MegaBus is having a $1 fare sale - but act fast!

The email with the HOTDEAL discount code came out this afternoon, and I just booked two more trips (2 people each - total of $8.50 for two people for two trips!!! :cool1: )- but there are a limited number of seats at the $1 code price. (Z2H and I found a lovely NYC paper store on 57th Street that we adore for scrapbooking...!)

Hope this helps someone - the discount fares aren't limited just to Boston/NYC, either - they seem to be good for anywhere MegaBus travels - good luck!

www.megabus.com

Thanks for the heads up, PB. I am having a hard time planning beyond the next two weeks right now. Once I get through that I might be able to look at Sept. I would like to plan a trip soon though :-)

As promised when I got the info, I pm'd those who expressed interest in attending the February CT Crop. If I overlooked someone, I am truly sorry. The brain doesn't always function at full capacity. :lmao:

One day or two, you choose! Sat. & Sun. 2/27-2/28/10

A team of Creative Memories consultants have teamed up together to rent the CT Expo Center and create a fun weekend for you to come and work on your photo album projects.

Could you use a day away with your friends, talking, laughing, taking classes, shopping and scrapbooking?? Do you like to get gifts and win prizes?? Then this is the day for you!

If you are interested in more info, please pm me your email address. Feel free to pass the info along to your friends who may also be interested. Please note you will need to secure hotel arrangements separately.

Next off to to up info on the March Cape Cod Crop. :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm in!

Meg, I think they were at the crop I went to in NH this past April and the one before at Purity Spring Resort. They have them in April and September, I can only go to one, so I choose April and my friends from Canada also come and we have a ball! I think I paid +/-$300, for Thursday-Sunday, all meals from dinner Thursday to lunch Sunday (incredible food!), snacks each afternoon, and evening, three nights in a room, and plenty of crop space, etc., etc. It's so great!

Click me.

I'm doing their Polar Express package in November, but my hubby doesn't know it yet :rolleyes1

Wow!!!! I wanna go there too!!!!

Let's see:
CT in Feb
CC in March
NH in April
WDW in August

DH would kill me!!! :rotfl2:

FYI for anyone who wants to do a Boston-NYC bus trip anytime before November 14 - MegaBus is having a $1 fare sale - but act fast!

The email with the HOTDEAL discount code came out this afternoon, and I just booked two more trips (2 people each - total of $8.50 for two people for two trips!!! :cool1: )- but there are a limited number of seats at the $1 code price. (Z2H and I found a lovely NYC paper store on 57th Street that we adore for scrapbooking...!)

Hope this helps someone - the discount fares aren't limited just to Boston/NYC, either - they seem to be good for anywhere MegaBus travels - good luck!

www.megabus.com

This stinks. I just booked a reservation on Saturday for a weekday in September - $37.50 for 2 people. If I did it tonight, it would have cost $4.50. Since they don't refund any money for changes or cancellations, nothing I can do.

Do it! (Remember, the NYC WoD store on 5th Avenue closes in January, 2010. We all have to get our last visits in - sob!)

My advice...book a trip or two between Sept 14-Nov 14 (the dates of the HOTDEAL $1.00 seat promo) - for when you THINK you can go - even if it turns out that you can't go on that date - you'd only be out two bucks!

Anyone interested in cropping next Friday, the 14th? I need to get some serious work done on swaps and my scrap room is just not conducive to that right now.

I have work until 6 that day, but if dearest mother is interested in (and can do the) driving up there, I'd be up for it.

I can even give you the resort stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter