Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I was probably under the weather AGAIN... sigh; And didn't see you! :umbrella: = under the weather :teeth:

Costco you say hmmm... probably not here in Niagara though. How was it?[/QUOTE

You know...I almost ordered some, but wasn't really feeling all that hungry. EVERYONE seemed to be buying them though, and they looked delicious.

I'll wave to you when I head back the other way. Hopefully you won't still be under the weather then.

NFLDERS...I was waving at you like crazy when I flew over yesterday, but you didn't even glance my way! Why didn't you tell me how stinking hot it is up north? I came with my ski jacket and snow shoes in hand! If it wasn't for the Shreddies, Hickory Sticks, and Goodhost that I was lured in with, I would have turned around and gone back. (Okay, so maybe seeing my family had a little bit to do with it too!)y

And one other thing...how come nobody told me you could buy poutine at the Costco food court???

NFLDERS...I was waving at you like crazy when I flew over yesterday, but you didn't even glance my way! Why didn't you tell me how stinking hot it is up north? I came with my ski jacket and snow shoes in hand! If it wasn't for the Shreddies, Hickory Sticks, and Goodhost that I was lured in with, I would have turned around and gone back. (Okay, so maybe seeing my family had a little bit to do with it too!)

And one other thing...how come nobody told me you could buy poutine at the Costco food court???[/QUOT

I was probably under the weather AGAIN... sigh;

Dbl post "Almost". :teeth: My playbook taking on a mind all it's own. Earlier on it posted the Quote x3... sigh. It's time to replace it but, like a comfortable pair of shoes. Fwit, I did buy another replacement a yr or so ago but, I love the size of this one. It fits perfectly in my beach cover up, and my cruise wear. Dh likes it because to replace it means a whole new wardrobe... Hey.. wait! :p But, truth be known I. Hate. Shopping!! It's not likely I'll send him out with a list, for clothing purchases for ME any time soon.

Last edited:

:wave2: Hey - I'm going to make just a teeny-tiny, very small, minor rule violation and ask, because i just gotta know - what happened to your profanity thread?

Your teeny-tiny very small, may equate to a :headache: for me, so... :ssst: is me. Suffice to say I was in violation of the policy regarding Politics.

I saw the word profanity and just jumped right in :rolleyes:

It's cold but the sun is out. I was thinking of mowing out the back a little later, woke up with a headache so will nix that idea if it doesn't go away.

I saw the word profanity and just jumped right in :rolleyes:

It's cold but the sun is out. I was thinking of mowing out the back a little later, woke up with a headache so will nix that idea if it doesn't go away.

WELL, I'm crushed that it wasn't because you saw, NFLDERS! :teeth:

Last edited:
Ha. Winter is the worse time because we get rain. It'll all be dead in Summer ;)

I didn't end up mowing the lawn yesterday because, head. I'm not mowing today because, head.

I'm not even going to cook dinner tonight and have informed the kids we're having fish and chips and someone else is going in to order and pay for it while I sit in the car in my pjs.

Ha. Winter is the worse time because we get rain. It'll all be dead in Summer ;)

I didn't end up mowing the lawn yesterday because, head. I'm not mowing today because, head.

I'm not even going to cook dinner tonight and have informed the kids we're having fish and chips and someone else is going in to order and pay for it while I sit in the car in my pjs.

Hope your head feels better soon! I love learning about other countries. Such a simple thing to learn that it's possible to mow grass in the winter in Australia, but something I would probably have never known if we didn't have this thread. Thanks for teaching me something new today, Jevs! : )

:wave2:Hey jevsie! I'd do that pajamas fish and chips thing even if I wasn't sick. Hope you're better soon!
3ac657f13d8caacc8fca7c0044989813--canada-jokes-canadian-humour.jpg

I have loved catching up on everyone's travels and Micca's life at home. Sounds like you guys are having a great summer. I'm just trying to stay indoors as much as possible to escape the heat and the sun (I burn like crazy - the sun and I are enemies) and dreaming of fall temps and cozy sweaters. Planning our 2018 (WDW) and 2019 (London) trips is keeping me entertained while I'm barricaded inside. At least we made it to OK earlier this month to visit family, and we'll be taking a day trip to the center of the state next month to enjoy the eclipse.

Leebee, happy belated birthday. I hope you enjoyed your stay at AKL. That's one of my most favorite places ever. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Which cake did you end up with? Did you do the Boma/Jiko tasting tour? Hoping you saw lots of giraffes.

Let's see if this works, with the double-quote. Thanks for the birthday greetings; I had an amazing birthday experience! We went to Boma the first night at Disney and it worked out well. I had gastric sleeve surgery last fall and was worried about not being able to enjoy my favorite dining experiences, but it was fine. I just paid attention to only taking a tablespoon-sized serving of my favorite dishes and remembered to chew thoroughly and eat slowly, and I was fine. Was it cost-effective? Of course not, but I had tastes of everything I love most at Boma, DH had a terrific meal, and we both were happy. On my birthday itself, I took my coffee out to our balcony at AKL to watch the cattle and birds. I wasn't out there for more than 5 minutes when 2 zebras and a giraffe entered our savanna! That is exactly what I was hoping for and made the whole trip worthwhile!! Talking to CMs later, they said it isn't common for the giraffe to come into the savanna in the mornings, so I was feeling doubly lucky! Around 11am DH and I moseyed down to the pool for awhile, which quickly turned into a visit to the pool bar (DD23 says it's mandatory to visit the pool bar on your birthday). We stayed for 2 drinks each and the lovely bartenders treated us to snacks and a cupcake in honor of my birthday! We went upstairs with enough time to change for the Boma/Jiko tour. It was fine. Didn't really learn too much, but the CMs were really friendly and excited (or so it seemed) to tell us about their restaurants, their home countries, the significance of architecture, etc. in the restaurants, and how the food differed from WDW and home. Turns out some is pretty authentic, some not so much. They also fed us several dips and breads at Jiko, and carrot/ginger soup and zebra domes at Boma, which was enough to tide us over until dinner at California Grill. When we arrived at CG, our table was ready. They'd decorated it with Mickey-head glitter, and there was a card waiting for me. Once we said we'd like to look at the wine list, they brought the list AND 2 glasses of champagne to help us celebrate! Our table was right along the windows, so we had an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom, and no need to get up or go outside to see the fireworks. The food was very, very good (I had grouper with handmade gnocchi, which are NOTHING like the ones we buy in the grocery store, and DH had the filet) and well worth the cost, I felt. Drinks were pretty good, too! Our waitress was lovely, gracious, and really knew her stuff when it came to food/beverage recommendations. Just before the fireworks started, she presented the birthday cake with candle, then took it away part way through to cut and box the remainder. I ended up with the almond cake with amaretto crunch filling. It was delicious, and just light enough to eat some after a very filling meal (although the next night, back in the hotel room, I was wishing it was chocolate with PB filling... oh well). It was a lovely meal, and I'm glad I decided on CG. After dinner, we rode the boat launch around 7 Seas Lagoon for awhile, then got off at the Contemporary again and rode the monorail over to MK to pick up a bus back to AKL (we had a rental car but I decided not to drive that night, because I knew I'd want to have a few adult drinks). I'd hoped to go out after, but DH was having issues with his leg, so we went back to AKL and had a nightcap at the lounge there. All in all a lovely birthday celebration! ALSO... I'd never understood how people would go to WDW without park tickets, just hang out at their resort, but now I get it. Of course, it helps to be at AKL and not All-Stars, right? I'd do this again, though; we had a truly lovely time!

:wave2:Hey jevsie! I'd do that pajamas fish and chips thing even if I wasn't sick. Hope you're better soon!
3ac657f13d8caacc8fca7c0044989813--canada-jokes-canadian-humour.jpg

Yes, this is also winter in Maine... except maybe more snow...

Let's see if this works, with the double-quote. Thanks for the birthday greetings; I had an amazing birthday experience! We went to Boma the first night at Disney and it worked out well. I had gastric sleeve surgery last fall and was worried about not being able to enjoy my favorite dining experiences, but it was fine. I just paid attention to only taking a tablespoon-sized serving of my favorite dishes and remembered to chew thoroughly and eat slowly, and I was fine. Was it cost-effective? Of course not, but I had tastes of everything I love most at Boma, DH had a terrific meal, and we both were happy. On my birthday itself, I took my coffee out to our balcony at AKL to watch the cattle and birds. I wasn't out there for more than 5 minutes when 2 zebras and a giraffe entered our savanna! That is exactly what I was hoping for and made the whole trip worthwhile!! Talking to CMs later, they said it isn't common for the giraffe to come into the savanna in the mornings, so I was feeling doubly lucky! Around 11am DH and I moseyed down to the pool for awhile, which quickly turned into a visit to the pool bar (DD23 says it's mandatory to visit the pool bar on your birthday). We stayed for 2 drinks each and the lovely bartenders treated us to snacks and a cupcake in honor of my birthday! We went upstairs with enough time to change for the Boma/Jiko tour. It was fine. Didn't really learn too much, but the CMs were really friendly and excited (or so it seemed) to tell us about their restaurants, their home countries, the significance of architecture, etc. in the restaurants, and how the food differed from WDW and home. Turns out some is pretty authentic, some not so much. They also fed us several dips and breads at Jiko, and carrot/ginger soup and zebra domes at Boma, which was enough to tide us over until dinner at California Grill. When we arrived at CG, our table was ready. They'd decorated it with Mickey-head glitter, and there was a card waiting for me. Once we said we'd like to look at the wine list, they brought the list AND 2 glasses of champagne to help us celebrate! Our table was right along the windows, so we had an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom, and no need to get up or go outside to see the fireworks. The food was very, very good (I had grouper with handmade gnocchi, which are NOTHING like the ones we buy in the grocery store, and DH had the filet) and well worth the cost, I felt. Drinks were pretty good, too! Our waitress was lovely, gracious, and really knew her stuff when it came to food/beverage recommendations. Just before the fireworks started, she presented the birthday cake with candle, then took it away part way through to cut and box the remainder. I ended up with the almond cake with amaretto crunch filling. It was delicious, and just light enough to eat some after a very filling meal (although the next night, back in the hotel room, I was wishing it was chocolate with PB filling... oh well). It was a lovely meal, and I'm glad I decided on CG. After dinner, we rode the boat launch around 7 Seas Lagoon for awhile, then got off at the Contemporary again and rode the monorail over to MK to pick up a bus back to AKL (we had a rental car but I decided not to drive that night, because I knew I'd want to have a few adult drinks). I'd hoped to go out after, but DH was having issues with his leg, so we went back to AKL and had a nightcap at the lounge there. All in all a lovely birthday celebration! ALSO... I'd never understood how people would go to WDW without park tickets, just hang out at their resort, but now I get it. Of course, it helps to be at AKL and not All-Stars, right? I'd do this again, though; we had a truly lovely time!

Yes, this is also winter in Maine... except maybe more snow...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It sounds like you had a truly lovely birthday. So glad for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter