Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Well you win! I can only imagine the possible legal issues for distributing potentially hazardous material to innocent children. BTW when I go upstairs I'll have a cookie or two. If you never hear from me again...:confused:
Aww, c'mon - why just "imagine" them when you can have them DISplained to you in scathing minutiae by the armchair lawyers on the CB? :teeth:

Years ago there was a thread on the Dis called "Costco Guilt."...

...in a plastic container with a colorful Disney label on it.

Ah, there's your way out - you didn't really want the cookies, you wanted the big Disney container to use as a bank to save for your trips! Throw the cookies out without guilt.

...I think there are a couple of ginormous bottles of ibuprofen around here too. ;)

DH did that, too, and I was like :confused3 - there's no way I expect to have that many headaches before the expire!

Last edited:
Pretty quiet around these parts.:) Everyone keeping cool? ('cept @jevs of course who's probably freezing) Found out some potentially exciting travel news the other day. We have a cousin who is trying to make a career for himself in the film business. He has done an independent documentary that evidently has a shot at making it into the Cannes film festival next year. If he gets in, we're renting a house and all going to France for the festivities. I'm already trying to figure out how to incorporate Disneyland Paris into the the trip. I've been to France but it was a long time ago. It wasn't my favorite place(Paris mostly) but you wouldn't have to twist my arm to return for a cool event like this. I'm sure it will be after the first of the year before we know anything concrete. F&W at WDW is a lock for the Fall. :)

Last edited:

Pretty quiet around these parts.:) Everyone keeping cool? ('cept @jevs of course who's probably freezing) Found out some potentially exciting travel news the other day. We have a cousin who is trying to make a career for himself in the film business. He has done an independent documentary that evidently has a shot at making it into the Cannes film festival next year. If he gets in, we're renting a house and all going to France for the festivities. I'm already trying to figure out how to incorporate Disneyland Paris into the the trip. I've been to France but it was a long time ago. It wasn't my favorite place(Pairs mostly) but you wouldn't have to twist my arm to return for a cool event like this. I'm sure it will be after the first of the year before we know anything concrete. F&W at WDW is a lock for the Fall. :)

My cousin's son is in the Newfoundland play from the 9-11 story of Gander NL. Darn at the moment the name escapes me. It's been on Broadway (Diff. cast) Anywhoo, they the NFLD (Cast) are bringing it to Toronto!

Come From Away.https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj65dGgpaXVAhXHw1QKHcd2B-UQFghCMAM&url=http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/come-from-away-debut-broadway-1.4021301&usg=AFQjCNHpHTk53tbHrNg7v9rZ2P8yOcorkA

Edited: "From Away" I think. I'll have to google it later . Dinner prep going on here, so bye for now. OK, I googled it. See above.

Last edited:

Pretty quiet around these parts.:) Everyone keeping cool? ('cept @jevs of course who's probably freezing) Found out some potentially exciting travel news the other day. We have a cousin who is trying to make a career for himself in the film business. He has done an independent documentary that evidently has a shot at making it into the Cannes film festival next year. If he gets in, we're renting a house and all going to France for the festivities. I'm already trying to figure out how to incorporate Disneyland Paris into the the trip. I've been to France but it was a long time ago. It wasn't my favorite place(Pairs mostly) but you wouldn't have to twist my arm to return for a cool event like this. I'm sure it will be after the first of the year before we know anything concrete. F&W at WDW is a lock for the Fall. :)

I love these kinds of excitement. Wish him/her luck from this Canadian.

Freaking awful weather. Wish I was in Mexico.

Pretty quiet around these parts.:) Everyone keeping cool? ('cept @jevs of course who's probably freezing) Found out some potentially exciting travel news the other day. We have a cousin who is trying to make a career for himself in the film business. He has done an independent documentary that evidently has a shot at making it into the Cannes film festival next year. If he gets in, we're renting a house and all going to France for the festivities. I'm already trying to figure out how to incorporate Disneyland Paris into the the trip. I've been to France but it was a long time ago. It wasn't my favorite place(Paris mostly) but you wouldn't have to twist my arm to return for a cool event like this. I'm sure it will be after the first of the year before we know anything concrete. F&W at WDW is a lock for the Fall. :)

How cool! Best of luck to your cousin!!

How exciting for you, Micca!! :yay:

And speaking of Margaritas (in another thread).........I'll be down but you know I like my rum and cokes so I'll B(M)OB!! ;) Hopefully, everyone figures out that acronym!! :teeth:

We just got back from northern Michigan earlier this week, but unfortunately it felt like we were in northern Canada!! :cold:

NFLDERS...I was waving at you like crazy when I flew over yesterday, but you didn't even glance my way! Why didn't you tell me how stinking hot it is up north? I came with my ski jacket and snow shoes in hand! If it wasn't for the Shreddies, Hickory Sticks, and Goodhost that I was lured in with, I would have turned around and gone back. (Okay, so maybe seeing my family had a little bit to do with it too!)

And one other thing...how come nobody told me you could buy poutine at the Costco food court???

I have loved catching up on everyone's travels and Micca's life at home. Sounds like you guys are having a great summer. I'm just trying to stay indoors as much as possible to escape the heat and the sun (I burn like crazy - the sun and I are enemies) and dreaming of fall temps and cozy sweaters. Planning our 2018 (WDW) and 2019 (London) trips is keeping me entertained while I'm barricaded inside. At least we made it to OK earlier this month to visit family, and we'll be taking a day trip to the center of the state next month to enjoy the eclipse.

Leebee, happy belated birthday. I hope you enjoyed your stay at AKL. That's one of my most favorite places ever. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Which cake did you end up with? Did you do the Boma/Jiko tasting tour? Hoping you saw lots of giraffes.

NFLDERS...I was waving at you like crazy when I flew over yesterday, but you didn't even glance my way! Why didn't you tell me how stinking hot it is up north? I came with my ski jacket and snow shoes in hand! If it wasn't for the Shreddies, Hickory Sticks, and Goodhost that I was lured in with, I would have turned around and gone back. (Okay, so maybe seeing my family had a little bit to do with it too!)

And one other thing...how come nobody told me you could buy poutine at the Costco food court???

I was probably under the weather AGAIN... sigh; And didn't see you! :umbrella: = under the weather :teeth:

Costco you say hmmm... probably not here in Niagara though. How was it?

I have loved catching up on everyone's travels and Micca's life at home. Sounds like you guys are having a great summer. I'm just trying to stay indoors as much as possible to escape the heat and the sun (I burn like crazy - the sun and I are enemies) and dreaming of fall temps and cozy sweaters. Planning our 2018 (WDW) and 2019 (London) trips is keeping me entertained while I'm barricaded inside. At least we made it to OK earlier this month to visit family, and we'll be taking a day trip to the center of the state next month to enjoy the eclipse.

Leebee, happy belated birthday. I hope you enjoyed your stay at AKL. That's one of my most favorite places ever. Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Which cake did you end up with? Did you do the Boma/Jiko tasting tour? Hoping you saw lots of giraffes.

If you like 72F..ish temps, we are having those occasionally, with all our RAIN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter