Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Rats/possums - potatoe/potahto. There was an old saying back on the farm where I was raised: "Shoot, shovel and shut-up."

Every bit of this. I know possums eat mosquitos and are oh so wonderful according to my hipster friends who think living in the city of Nashville is "the country." Kill the damn thing and move on!

ETA: I use the shovel as the killing instrument too!

Last edited:
While I enjoyed your reply, I'd have enjoyed it more if you had said their beliefs dictate... Just saying.
Not sure what you're trying to get at but I told it exactly the way they said it to me. It's not up to me to "unpack" their motives. :confused3 (BTW - they identified themselves with the term Jew-Bu's - I'd never heard that before.)

Every bit of this. I know possums eat mosquitos and are oh so wonderful according to my hipster friends who think living in the city of Nashville is "the country." Kill the damn thing and move on!

ETA: I use the shovel as the killing instrument too!
Like x2.

Not sure that I'd trade for a possum or a rat, but we get the occasional bat. In fact, I found a dead one Saturday evening; apparently my geriatric cats are good for something! I hate having a bat in the house. I KNOW they won't hurt me, fly into me, etc., but I HATE IT. Now I have to worry about whether or not to do something about the cats... or do I just ignore this?

a couple of years ago my teenager informed me we had a bat hanging from the broom in the laundry. I have no idea how it got in but glad to catch and release before the cats noticed. I've already had a cat bring a rabbit into the house behind my back.

a couple of years ago my teenager informed me we had a bat hanging from the broom in the laundry. I have no idea how it got in but glad to catch and release before the cats noticed. I've already had a cat bring a rabbit into the house behind my back.

I believe I've shared our cat bringing a rabbit into the house, it didn't end well.
:confused: "Bring" as in "look what the cat dragged in"? Caught, killed and brought in - that kind of "bring"?

Props to your cat! The wild rabbits around here are some pretty tough mofo's. :rotfl:

We weren't especially proud of the actions of our cat, this was only a baby bunny.:sad1: While DW & I were at WDW we left the cat at home with the garage door open just a bit so she could go outside if she wanted to(via access through a cat door from the garage to the house.) DD was in charge of checking in on the cat and feeding her while we were out of town. The cat had dragged her prey in through the cat door to demonstrate her hunting prowess. Unfortunately DD had her two toddlers along with her when she dropped by to feed the cat...and the grizzly scene was witnessed by them.:scared: The children felt that our cat must have been playing with the bunny and had an accident.:rolleyes1 Our DGDs are now nearly 6 and 4 1/2--this happened two or three years ago and they still remember this and mention it from time to time. Over the years I've been able to rescue a couple of her victims and return them to the woods across the street. In her old age she hardly goes out at all any more and usually just stays on the front porch for a couple of minutes so the wildlife in the neighborhood can breathe easier provided they don't have the temerity to cross Thistle's territory.:cat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter