Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Do you have a surgical option? Seems necessary in your case - maybe time to get on the waiting list.

My cysts are small, and as yet surgery has not been suggested/discussed as an option. So, I've given no thought to it. I think my GP realizes my exhaust other avenues first attitude will continue, for as long as I can tolerate the cysts. Some people have them disappear just as they appeared, on their own, with PT, (a relative's unsolicited advice..) or as I'm hoping this new laser treatment. Thanks for conversing with me on this, I appreciate your opinion.

Last edited:

I see New Orleans -- the frozen drink, and maybe the church/cemetary???
New York -- the cheese cake
D.C. -- happy cop

The kids look like they have Magic Bands on in a couple of pics. I guess the pic with BB8 is Disney related. The kids are adorable btw.:)

Almost!

First picture is at Universal Hollywood, in The Walking Dead attraction.

Graveyard picture is St Paul's Chapel in NYC - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Paul's_Chapel

@NFLDERS I liked your posts about all the medical stuff but I'm sorry you're dealing with it. I "like" indiscriminately here in ALDIO.:)[/QUOTE]

:flower3:

Last edited:

I thought that was her back in post #2837. In my mind I always figured she'd be a little older than that.:p

@NFLDERS I liked your posts about all the medical stuff but I'm sorry you're dealing with it. I "like" indiscriminately here in ALDIO.:)

I "like" posts like you do Micca.....just to let people know I'm reading their post and acknowledging whatever their posting unless it's evil and condencending. Not much of those, thank goodness, on this thread!! :thumbsup2

leebee: My reply to your previous reply is in the quote.. I hate when this happens.

Edited: Oh, and enjoy your vacation!

LOL... Sometimes the internet isn't all it's cracked up to be! Reading back, I see that the "winky" guy I put in the original message didn't come through (I've added him back). I was just being silly! Yes, I knew what your screen name refers to and remembered the "Ned Flanders" posts. I never watched much Simpsons, so I had to look that up, back then, which is why I remembered it! Now... let's see if this goes through as posted!

Wow, I guess I missed a lot while I was away!

@Micca, so sorry to hear about your DD's friend. - I can't imagine what that poor family is going through!

Also, Twitter told me it's #worldchocolateday today - I have no chocolate. Why are these things not widely advertised?

Ah, but they are! I have this:
https://www.daysoftheyear.com/
set as my home page, and you can see several days ahead. :teeth:

And, @NFLDERS, wishing you better luck with your knees!

My trip was great! We sort of made a big counterclockwise wobbly circle, and technically hit six states - NH, ME, NY, PA, CT, and MA.

DH had to go up to Portsmouth, NH, for a couple of days for work, so DS and I tagged along and did touristy stuff. We went to Water Country and York's Wild Kingdom (which is over the border into Maine) and saw some neat history stuff. Then we all headed out to upstate NY to spend some time on Keuka Lake with my extended family. We came back via a route that dipped briefly into Pennsylvania on our way to Connecticut to try out Lake Compounce amusement park. (If you're into amusement parks - and who on a Disney board isn't? - it's the oldest continuously operating one in the country!) We had a blast there, and then finally came back to Massachusetts.

I don't have pics uploaded yet, but will try to remember to post some later.

We went to Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto by train from Niagara area with ds, ddil, and dgs (10). It was awesome! Dh and I had been to Paradise Island's in Nassau but, this was their first time. They loved it, as did Dh and I. It was great seeing the exhibits through clear new glass, and not having the marine like odour that is on and off at Paradise Is. It was also dgs's first train ride. :sunny:

Last edited:
Round 1 of summer travel is over and round 2 is about to begin. For round 1, dd23 and I went to New Orleans to visit my sister and BIL. I haven't seen them in about 10 years, so it was a really nice visit. DD and I stayed in the French Quarter for 3 nights and then 3 nights at my sister's (she lives just across the river). It was a good balance, and gave DD and me some time alone (for crawling through the Quarter) and also gave us all a good visit. Flew back into Boston, stayed in York, ME to visit family for a bit (6/26-6/28... were we there at the same time, @PollyannaMom ? ), then took DD home to CT and to help them clean their new apartment. Back to York on 6/30, DH took the bus from Bangor to Portland on 7/1, and we spent the day with our friends in the area (he was DH's grad school roommate- before me, lol- best man in our wedding... friends since 1984), then drove home that evening. BIG SIGH. Great trip, good to see everyone, good to be home.

On 7/19, DH and I leave for a 10 day trip. He and I haven't vacationed on our own since early 1993, just before DD was born, so IT'S TIME. DH had a horrible medical scare this winter, bone surgery in 12/9 followed by infection on 12/31, gangrene, 2 debridements, gastrocnemius flap reconstructive surgery (a week in the hospital) followed by 6 weeks, bedridden in a nursing home, praying the recon and grafting "took" so he didn't lose his leg AND getting 14 hours of antibiotics via PICC every day. It threw our entire lives into a spin, and made me realize that while being debt free (and i mean no credit card balance.. we have a small car loan, mortgage, etc) is wonderful, sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and live for today. ANYHOW... on 7/19 we head to DC for 6 nights. WE'll do the touristy stuff, staying in Dupont Circle. Maybe go out to Mount Vernon, museums, Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol, nighttime monument tour, etc. On 7/25 we fly to Orlando for 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge (savanna view), then 2 nights out in Cape Canaveral to visit DH's oldest friend. AKL is my birthday present to myself. I'll be 61 on 7/26. I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at AKL with a savanna view but can't justify the $$$ when we spend all our time in the parks. Well, this time I said the heck with it, and rented DVC points from an owner (so are paying $220 a night...). No park tickets, but I am stupidly excited about this. We'll have dinner on the 25th at Raglan Road (always wanted to try this but when you are only at WDW for 4-5 nights, we don't spend time at DS), then on my birthday I'll wake up with the giraffes!!! Brunch at Boma, dinner at California Grill with fireworks! Right now, my biggest decision is what to have for a birthday cake: Chocolate with peanut butter filling, or almond with amaretto mousse crunch filling? :cake::cake::cake: I'm hoping the pastry team at the Contemporary make me a beautiful, surprise birthday cake. I haven't told DH about the cake- I figure, ONE of us should be surprised, right?? We have no big plans for our time at AKL other than meals and enjoying the resort... maybe take the Jiko/Boma culinary tour. Wanted to do the Jiko wine tasting but they are sold out. We also have no plans once we get to Cocoa Beach, except to hang out with our friend. I'm sure it'll all fly by, and home will look good by the time we get back!!

Geez you guys the travel sounds so great. Lemme tell you about our upcoming excitement. I'm going to the dentist this week. And that's about the size of it. We don't have anything coming up until F&W in November. DSIL & I installed a Ring doorbell last night, the camera doesn't work, so I guess I'll screw around on line trying to figure that out today. May have to send it back, and since we broke the old doorbell in the process of removing it I get to browse the aisles of Home Depot looking for a replacement. So far the highlight of my weekend has been the German chocolate donut DW got for me at one of those donut specialty places.
Please try to reel-in your envy.;)

stayed in York, ME to visit family for a bit (6/26-6/28... were we there at the same time, @PollyannaMom ? ), then took DD home to CT and to help them clean their new apartment. Back to York on 6/30

Just missed each other! I spent Saturday the 29th up there.

Your upcoming trip sounds fabulous, and I absolutely agree that sometimes, you've just got to do it. Enjoy your birthday!

Geez you guys the travel sounds so great. Lemme tell you about our upcoming excitement. I'm going to the dentist this week. And that's about the size of it. We don't have anything coming up until F&W in November. DSIL & I installed a Ring doorbell last night, the camera doesn't work, so I guess I'll screw around on line trying to figure that out today. May have to send it back, and since we broke the old doorbell in the process of removing it I get to browse the aisles of Home Depot looking for a replacement. So far the highlight of my weekend has been the German chocolate donut DW got for me at one of those donut specialty places.
Please try to reel-in your envy.;)
Don't feel bad, Micca - we absolutely never holiday in the summer. I handle vacation-relief for all my staff (7 of them) and given our short summer season, there's never a week one or more of them aren't gone. For decades we've accustomed ourselves to travelling in "shoulder season". We like to go in the spring and fall and usually aim for something in mid-September to celebrate our Anniversary. Given our European extravaganza this spring though, and the absolutely woeful exchange on CAD, it looks like we may be foregoing a second trip this year. :wave2:

@ronandannette thanks for the pep talk!;) Actually I'm pretty excited about all the new things coming to WDW. I encourage my fellow ALDIO citizens to check out the news stories here on the Dis. There's some "wow" stuff on the way in the not too distant future. If I were Universal I'd be scheduling some serious meetings.

Round 1 of summer travel is over and round 2 is about to begin. For round 1, dd23 and I went to New Orleans to visit my sister and BIL. I haven't seen them in about 10 years, so it was a really nice visit. DD and I stayed in the French Quarter for 3 nights and then 3 nights at my sister's (she lives just across the river). It was a good balance, and gave DD and me some time alone (for crawling through the Quarter) and also gave us all a good visit. Flew back into Boston, stayed in York, ME to visit family for a bit (6/26-6/28... were we there at the same time, @PollyannaMom ? ), then took DD home to CT and to help them clean their new apartment. Back to York on 6/30, DH took the bus from Bangor to Portland on 7/1, and we spent the day with our friends in the area (he was DH's grad school roommate- before me, lol- best man in our wedding... friends since 1984), then drove home that evening. BIG SIGH. Great trip, good to see everyone, good to be home.

On 7/19, DH and I leave for a 10 day trip. He and I haven't vacationed on our own since early 1993, just before DD was born, so IT'S TIME. DH had a horrible medical scare this winter, bone surgery in 12/9 followed by infection on 12/31, gangrene, 2 debridements, gastrocnemius flap reconstructive surgery (a week in the hospital) followed by 6 weeks, bedridden in a nursing home, praying the recon and grafting "took" so he didn't lose his leg AND getting 14 hours of antibiotics via PICC every day. It threw our entire lives into a spin, and made me realize that while being debt free (and i mean no credit card balance.. we have a small car loan, mortgage, etc) is wonderful, sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and live for today. ANYHOW... on 7/19 we head to DC for 6 nights. WE'll do the touristy stuff, staying in Dupont Circle. Maybe go out to Mount Vernon, museums, Arlington National Cemetery, Capitol, nighttime monument tour, etc. On 7/25 we fly to Orlando for 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge (savanna view), then 2 nights out in Cape Canaveral to visit DH's oldest friend. AKL is my birthday present to myself. I'll be 61 on 7/26. I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at AKL with a savanna view but can't justify the $$$ when we spend all our time in the parks. Well, this time I said the heck with it, and rented DVC points from an owner (so are paying $220 a night...). No park tickets, but I am stupidly excited about this. We'll have dinner on the 25th at Raglan Road (always wanted to try this but when you are only at WDW for 4-5 nights, we don't spend time at DS), then on my birthday I'll wake up with the giraffes!!! Brunch at Boma, dinner at California Grill with fireworks! Right now, my biggest decision is what to have for a birthday cake: Chocolate with peanut butter filling, or almond with amaretto mousse crunch filling? :cake::cake::cake: I'm hoping the pastry team at the Contemporary make me a beautiful, surprise birthday cake. I haven't told DH about the cake- I figure, ONE of us should be surprised, right?? We have no big plans for our time at AKL other than meals and enjoying the resort... maybe take the Jiko/Boma culinary tour. Wanted to do the Jiko wine tasting but they are sold out. We also have no plans once we get to Cocoa Beach, except to hang out with our friend. I'm sure it'll all fly by, and home will look good by the time we get back!!

I'm so very happy that you, and yours are enjoying travel again. I especially loved reading your account all about it. Just before I decided (or the catalyst for my decision) to take my knee(s) ailment for a mini vacation, and then day trip; I'd watched a movie (while my husband was at Costco alone, AGAIN!) with Shirley McClain where she plays a widow whom becomes reclusive. She was driving her staff, cook, gardener ie crazy. Her life had become that of ground hog days. Then, she has an awakening, and gets herself out there again. IT was an awakening for me too. So... I decided to put myself back out there. Besides my Dh's trips to Costco without ME moving forward, could get costly!! :duck:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter