alamo rate..id#211220 worked great

Status
Not open for further replies.
After calling twice & being told that anyone can use the ID --- I also emailed Alamo --- hoping to get a response that I could print out. Waiting to hear back from them.

Good luck getting a reply. I emailed them a week ago regarding a question I had about modifying a reservation. I've yet to hear back from them. I have a feeling they don't put much in writing anymore.

I hope you get a response though. Good luck!!

am I the 1st one to test drive this code :faint: I will be flying in at MCO on the 18th... I hope to not get turned down since it worked for those dates that I am going to be there... I dont have net access but have phone access at FB I will post it there that day the minute I get my :car: lets all hope that it work out for everyone...

am I the 1st one to test drive this code :faint: I will be flying in at MCO on the 18th... I hope to not get turned down since it worked for those dates that I am going to be there... I dont have net access but have phone access at FB I will post it there that day the minute I get my :car: lets all hope that it work out for everyone...

Thanks Antss2001! I'm sure everyone here will eagerly await your update! :worship:

I'm sure others may be doing it, but I'll come out an say it... I think anyone who plans to use one of these codes should just make another ressie with a valid code/coupon that they qualify for to serve as a backup. That way, when Alamo asks for proof at check-in, you'll have something to fall back on rather than their rack rate! :rolleyes:

Thanks Antss2001! I'm sure everyone here will eagerly await your update! :worship:

I'm sure others may be doing it, but I'll come out an say it... I think anyone who plans to use one of these codes should just make another ressie with a valid code/coupon that they qualify for to serve as a backup. That way, when Alamo asks for proof at check-in, you'll have something to fall back on rather than their rack rate! :rolleyes:

I did call Alamo at MCO desk since I use them so much that I regularly get helped by the same person. I explained to front desk about my dillema... he said as long as I have the confirmation paper they will have to honor it. I hope this is true again... I will find out on April 18... I do have a back up plan I am still on ME so if this dont work out I hopping at ME to the parks :(

I did call Alamo at MCO desk since I use them so much that I regularly get helped by the same person. I explained to front desk about my dillema... he said as long as I have the confirmation paper they will have to honor it. I hope this is true again... I will find out on April 18... I do have a back up plan I am still on ME so if this dont work out I hopping at ME to the parks :(

Well, I already had a ressie for a full size car using Costco discount code & coupon, so that's my back up plan. Today I made another ressie using the 7011111 code and got a minivan for the same price (within a few bucks). If they want some kind of proof at check-in, I'll just go with my original ressie for the full size car.

Well, I already had a ressie for a full size car using Costco discount code & coupon, so that's my back up plan. Today I made another ressie using the 7011111 code and got a minivan for the same price (within a few bucks). If they want some kind of proof at check-in, I'll just go with my original ressie for the full size car.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Email from Alamo regarding 211220

Thank you for contacting Alamo. This contract id is not for the general publics use and as such would invalid.

Regards,

Thank you for contacting Alamo. This contract id is not for the general publics use and as such would invalid.

Regards,

As I am sure you would get the same written response about ANY of the insanely cheap rates that include insurance. I qualify for a similar rate, but it is not nearly as cheap as the two mentioned on this thread.

Shock of all shocks...after posting about Alamo not replying to my email I got a reply. WOW!! I see Mandy did too.

You guys all do now how some people feel about all the codes and emails about the codes, right? Plus, it is absolutely going to depend on who is your employee while checking in. Some are just going to go by your ressie and some are going to think they are "employee of the year" and they are going to call you on it. The thing is that the code is what it is. It is either truly for your use or you are taking a gamble because you know you don't live in South America or Puerto Rico. Calling and emailing IMO is just pointless.

I agree, people have to understand there is always a little risk when using codes that seem to good to be true. I have been very successful in the past when using varieties of codes for rentals, but I have always had a back-up ressie if I should need it. It also does depend on the agent at the counter that you get but I should note that we always travel as a family and I go to the counter by myself to seem I am by myself.

What if you use a quick service kiosk and don't go to the counter? How do you show your verification?

Some of these reservations are not allowed to be processed through the kiosk, that's how you end up having to show id.

I always go to the counter. I only have a debit card so I have to show proof of round trip airfare to get my rental.

What if you use a quick service kiosk and don't go to the counter? How do you show your verification?

I don't know if I posted earlier on this thread or a similar thread a while back that I had to back up at the exit gate for someone who tried to use a code they were not entitled to use. I have no idea which code it was. The gate agent simpy said the person tried to use a code without valid ID and they were opting to return the car (to do who knows what!). Also another note worth repeating. If you use a code you are not entitled to use and you get in an accident, Alamo and National can and will refuse to honor any insurance included with that code, such as the CDW. Just make sure you have other insurance that will cover you in the event of an accident.

Regards,

Wow, my email from them said "sure, it is a legit code to use".

Wow, my email from them said "sure, it is a legit code to use".
Okay, I may be a bit out there, but just the wording of an email like that would make me wonder. I just don't see someone, in an official capacity, using wording like that. But, who knows.

I suppose it's time for the "bottom line summary" again:

If you use a code to which you are not entitled, be prepared to be told you can't get the car at that rate when you go to pick it up. You might not be told this---you probably won't be---but you might, and I've read a couple of first-hand reports that some have, from people I know well enough to believe they don't have some other agenda. So, know what you'll do if that happens to you.

Furthermore, if the code includes any insurance coverages, you should assume they won't apply to you if anything happens to the car. Most credit card coverages require that you waive coverage offered by the rental agency---because you didn't technically do this, you should assume that your credit card coverage will not apply either. So, have a separate, primary insurance policy that you can go to, and make sure it includes loss of use, not just damage and liability.

Finally, asking the company if you can use a code that you know (or are pretty sure) that you are not entitled to is not going to help. If it's really one you're not entitled to, the agent who calls you on it is going to stick to their guns, no matter what your email printout says. And, if enough people do this, it will just get the code pulled, and then folks who could have legitimately used the code no longer will be able to. If it is one you are entitled to, the source and conditions are going to be readily accessible via google, and you'll know without having to call or email anyone.

(This last point is why I never share my employer-negotiated contract ID with anyone who doesn't also work for the U, and am glad it's never appeared on fatwallet, flyertalk, etc. I don't get rock-bottom rates, but they are very good and include LDW, and I'd be bummed if they went away.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter