A Make A Wish Trip - Final Update!! Pg. 33

My hard drive is gone/fried. I have lost all the last five years of pictures. Thankfully I had all my disney pics on cds but everything else is gone. I am devastated. Isn't that awful? Once I get my computer up and running again, I'll add some photopass pics. Thanks again for sticking by.

O,MY

I am not sure what to say to that. I would be bawling. It's like losing a family member. I am so glad for you that your Disney pics were on a CD.

Oh Wendy...I'm so sorry! I lost all of my 2005 pics in a similiar situation. :badpc: I'm heartbroken for you. I was able to recreate some of them from the emails I sent to others with the pics as attachments. Any chance friends or family have e copies of some things as an email attachment? I hope you can get some of it back.

So sorry to hear that news, Wendy. You've inspired me to back up my photos folder that I don't have cd's of....

Any news on Michael's surgery?

I bawled for days. I get tears every time I think about it. It sucks! I will be able to get a few pics hear and there but some of the pics that I had were some "dramatic shots" that I probably didn't share. Ya know, those weird pictures that you get of your kids that are just the right angle. My favourite was one of Danae sitting in a field, with her side to the camera, looking away, with her arms around her knees. Its a strange picture but was just so peaceful looking and I just loved it. It was being prepped to go up on my while in my new house. :( I'm so sad.

As for Michael's surgery, we're looking about initial surgery in 4-6 weeks. We are awaiting the modified tissue expander from the manufacturer. Wheeee!

Wendy:

Have you considered a hard drive data recovery program? When ours went down it was because my lovely DH decided to divide the hard drive and create different partitions or something. My computer tech support DH accidentally formatted over the pics...they were unrecoverable.... and he is lucky to still be breathing, and still be married...LOL. I know what you mean about bawling for days. I was very distraught over it too. There are many programs on the market that can sometimes go in and recover info...do a google...some of them advertise that you don't have to pay for the process/program until after you see a list of the things they can recover. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Great news to hear that things are progressing on Michael's surgery! Looking forward to hearing all great news that will bring!

~Elisa

Wendy, listen to 5dwarves!! (Elisa) We had a hard drive fry at work and my boss was able to have a tech recover the data. I know it took a special program and extra work for the tech, but it IS possible! Take it to someone in town who works on computers and ask if they have had any success in photo recovery on hard drives. Here's hoping!!:flower3:

Best trip report ever! Thank you for sharing it.
I cracked up when Danae said, "I'm waving to my people." on the Carousel. That is hilarious. Your kids are so cute.

Now- I want to see what your neighbors did!

Hi, I just found your trip report and it was really wonderful!! I just loved it all and your children are very beautiful :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your photos though!

I'll be checking back to see the update on the house changes :) Thank you for sharing all of this!

Wendy,

I just read your trip report from beginning to end. It was amazing. I have heard of the GKTW before as one of my daughter's classmates got to go two years ago. I never knew I would have a son that would one day get a trip. He is only 2 right now so we will wait until he is 4 or 5 so he can remember it. How early did you have to start the paperwork to apply for your wish? I am so glad he got to spend time with Peter Pan on the first day. That is a trip your family will never forget. Thank you for taking the time to share this amazing family vacation with us. :wizard:

Hi Wendy,
I am so very sorry about your computer and especially your pictures!!!:eek:

I would definately follow through and contact several techies and see what they would suggest. I am a huge photo person - I hate to imagine what could happen to photos. OMGosh, I am really hoping you can get them all back. Keep the faith, girl!

I am looking forward to seeing your house and all of the goodness of your neighbors and friends.

Thanks for sticking with it...we will be patient..uummmm....maybe:goodvibes
Just kidding:rotfl2: we will try..... I promise.popcorn::

TTFN
Darlene

I just spent my afternoon reading your trip report...thank you so much for sharing!! What a wonderful experience for your family and the memories that you will carry with you are invaluable!!

Good luck with your computer, hope that it works out.

You and your family will be in my thoughts!

This is without a doubt the most touching trip report I've ever read. I can't stop the tears.

Your perfect day with Peter Pan. . .I will never forget the look on Michael's face in those pictures. Bravo to Peter and Wendy. Bravo to all the volunteers at GKTW. . .just bravo.

My best wishes are with your family and I do hope you can get those pictures recovered from your hard drive. Do talk to a professional about it before you give up all hope, I hope that it works out for you!!!

*tearfully*
Laren

Thank you all for your kind support. I still have my hard drive under wraps and awaiting a friend of mine to have a moment to take a look at it. His grandfather passed away this week so it may be a little while. I still hold very little hope of recovering but I'm learning to live with it.

Hopefully soon I will have some photopass pics up. Especially of the ones that were edited by the nice leader of our photopass share. That was a marvelous thing and it was so nice to be able to share the expense. They are currently being uploaded to photobucket.

It is nap time so I must go.

Thanks to everyone again.

Ok. Here's some photopass. Our one and only meet with Mickey. See the excitement. Ok. I could barely get them to actually stay in line for this one. They could care less. Mickey? Mickey who?

Picture067.jpg

In front of the tree.
Picture082.jpg
Picture072.jpg

At Disney Studios
Picture050.jpg

Danae wouldn't take off her sunglasses for some reason.
Picture057.jpg
Picture048.jpg

Danae's dream come true.
Picture152.jpg
Picture158.jpg

Michael had several pictures where he wasn't paying any attention to the picturetaker. We took advantage of that like this!

Picture123.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture129.jpg

I think this was our very first picture taken.
Picture001.jpg

My fav place to take pictures was at the Rose Garden. Take your family portrait there. Its nice and has the ability to drown out the crowd while still getting a good pic of the castle! I wish I had taken more pictures while there.

What amazing pics...to hard to pic a favorite love them all.

Going to try the rose garden when we go in Nov.

What amazing pics...to hard to pic a favorite love them all.

Going to try the rose garden when we go in Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter