We just NEED to go for Halloween - An August 2024 PTR

disney castle days

Mouseketeer
Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion! I am your host, your ghost host.

Well, not quite a ghost, but I am extremely pale :laughing:

I'm Allison, queen of starting trip reports and never finishing them.

1715542594940.png
(I'm on the left)

On the right is my favorite trip buddy, my Mom! (Happy Mother's Day!)

This will be trip number 16 for me (dang!) and trip number 20 for my mom!

1715542838683.png

I'm 21 years old and wear quite a few hats. If anyone is familiar with field hockey, you probably have interacted with something I have worked on. I have 5 jobs at the moment, which sounds crazy to say out loud, but it is mostly seasonal or super limited in-person work.
Favorites:
Park - Magic Kingdom
Hotel - Riveria
Ride - Big Thunder Mountain
Disney Food - the Sticky Wings and Chicken Sandwich from Bar Riva (RIP)
Characters - Bluey & Muffin, Wanda, & Mirabel

1715547787779.png

I'm not supposed to say my mom's age on the internet, but you can probably figure it out from looking at my signature. She is an elementary school teacher, and I think you can tell from the Bluey shirts that it keeps her young.
Favorites:
Park - Magic Kingdom
Hotel - Wilderness Lodge
Ride - IASW
Characters - Bluey, Stitch, & Goofy
Food - Stick Wings from Bar Riva.

We may have the addition of up to 3 more people on this trip, including my best friend who lives in Florida, my college roommate who will be doing her DCP, and our trip mascot Harold who is an alien duck that my mom is supposed to take photos of for her school.

Reactions: DLo
Now into the details:

With my work schedules, trying to plan anything this summer has been extremely annoying. Within 5 weeks, I have 3 trips to PA, 1 to NC, 1 to RI, and 1 to MA, and then it is the Olympics, which I have to work remotely. I then get two weeks "off" (completely remote) before the college season starts and I have to work in person every weekend until November. As I said before, my mom is a teacher so she is free mid-June to late August.

Then we ran into the problem of not having any DVC points to use. We have been members since 2008 and have always stayed on property with points, but since we went in June and December, we don't have any points (plus we are planning on going back in April 2025). We are a bit spoiled and love Deluxes, but more importantly, we love balconies. There was much debate over whether to stay at AoA or POFQ but we were having a hard time giving up having a balcony. We spend basically every sunrise in Disney on the balcony eating Entenmann's donuts (weird tradition, but a tradition).

After much back and forth, we decided to make my work trip to NC a long weekend and not go to Disney this year.

That was until Thursday when I was doing an interview and the person mentioned that after the Olympics they were going to Disney to go to the Halloween party. That got me thinking...

We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2018, and have been to MVMCP 4 times in total, but we still say Halloween was better.

But I would have to work during the trip, and I really don't want to.

But there is a 5-day gap between the Olympic finals and the start of college season, and there is a Halloween Party during that gap 🤔

I woke up this morning to a TikTok saying "this is your sign to go to WDW with your bestie", and I texted my mom that we needed to go.

We hopped on WDW's website and booked 2 nights at Wilderness Lodge and our tickets for MNSSHP. Then we realized that we should look at airfare (we drove in December but don't really want to do it again), and it was surprisingly under $600 for the two of us + 1 checked bag.

I sent a picture out to my friends that live in FL with dates, and now the fun begins: planning everything else!

Following along! Our PTRs have started out exactly the same..are we the ghost host queens of unfinished PTRs?! Looking forward to following along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter