A Make A Wish Trip - Final Update!! Pg. 33

Thanks so much for updating everyone Tia! I so appreciate it. I tried to get on but Michael was on Oxygen until today and just wasn't feeling well. This is the first second I've gotten!

Michael is doing well now. We're just slowly starting the feeds and he's cranky but getting better. Thank you all for your support!

Wendy:

I see that the little green light is on which means you are dis-sing. Lots of hugs and prayers your way. We have all been thinking about the four of you! I am so glad to hear the surgery went well.

~Elisa

My goodness, I have been advised that I have left you all hanging! :rotfl: :goodvibes So so sorry. So much has happened since November! I actually have been home a total of 10 days since Michael's initial surgery. After several hospital stays due to skin infections, Michael had his "five years in the making" BIG surgery on February 7th. It was a 7 hour surgery but he did great and after a 10 day PICU stay, he went to the main floor for a couple or so weeks. We are now at the Ronald McDonald House and we are now hoping to go home a week from tomorrow. Michael is doing relatively great and continues to sing the Disney song that is played at the parade. I wish I had a CD because he's come up with his own words and I no longer remember the Real words. :rotfl2: In any case, he sings "its about the time, for every one, for disney dreams come true-oo-oo". :lmao: He may have another minor skin graft surgery but in the grand scheme of things, it would be nothing. :upsidedow

The Disney Wish Trip really helped to keep his and Danae's spirits up while we have spent five months away from home. Especially since we've promised them a trip for Danae's fifth b-day. Now to somehow make that happen. :dance3: This was a trip of a lifetime and nothing will ever come close, but we are sure going to try again and again. Disney is our "happy place" where dreams really do come true. Thanks for joining us on our journey. May you find that your dreams come true at the most magical place on earth as well.

That's wonderful news Wendy! I hope that everyone continues to get well / be well and you are on your way home soon!

Wendy:

With the exception of the last week, I too have been absent from the Disboards for a while. The first thing I did was to sign on and check on Michael. I am so glad that the miracle surgery was a success. God bless you for being away from home so long! I know it is rough. Your birthday trip sounds wonderful! When does Cinderella turn five? FYI, if you book your trip with AAA I have read that there is a 10% discount. Every penny counts!

Elisa

My goodness, I have been advised that I have left you all hanging! :rotfl: :goodvibes So so sorry. So much has happened since November! I actually have been home a total of 10 days since Michael's initial surgery. After several hospital stays due to skin infections, Michael had his "five years in the making" BIG surgery on February 7th. It was a 7 hour surgery but he did great and after a 10 day PICU stay, he went to the main floor for a couple or so weeks. We are now at the Ronald McDonald House and we are now hoping to go home a week from tomorrow. Michael is doing relatively great and continues to sing the Disney song that is played at the parade. I wish I had a CD because he's come up with his own words and I no longer remember the Real words. :rotfl2: In any case, he sings "its about the time, for every one, for disney dreams come true-oo-oo". :lmao: He may have another minor skin graft surgery but in the grand scheme of things, it would be nothing. :upsidedow

The Disney Wish Trip really helped to keep his and Danae's spirits up while we have spent five months away from home. Especially since we've promised them a trip for Danae's fifth b-day. Now to somehow make that happen. :dance3: This was a trip of a lifetime and nothing will ever come close, but we are sure going to try again and again. Disney is our "happy place" where dreams really do come true. Thanks for joining us on our journey. May you find that your dreams come true at the most magical place on earth as well.

Wendy when is his 5th birthday? I am so happy for you all and most of all for him. Please keep us updated and you never know Dreams really do come true at Disney!!!!!!:woohoo:

Wendy - thanks so much for updating us on Michael! We pray that he continues to heal and that all of you will have a magical time in Disney for Danae's birthday! God bless!! :hug:

I'm so glad to see this update. I actually thought about your family yesterday out of the blue. Continued prayers for all of you.

I'm a Wish Kid myself! :yay:

Hi!

I took my WDW trip in '99 (I was 6...how time flies!). We were also at GKTW and it is AMAZING! The CM's are very friendly, as are the characters. I rode the carosel with Aurora! And Goofy would "cut" in line at breakfast. LOL.

What Peter did for your boy is so magical and amazing. True Disney Magic at its best. :wizard:

The best part was the front-of-the-line thing! Ahh, worth it. Plus, we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Parade.

It was so magical, every minute of it.

I love Make-A-Wish, and volunteer regularly at our chapter. It's like a home to me.

I also have a few autistic tendencies (ie food texture issues, don't like some people touching me, etc). My disease (well it's really a genetic disorder) is Fanconi's Anemia. Yeah, not many people have heard of it (I've never met anyone else with it. Yet.) It's currently uncurable. Basically, my blood counts are low (platelet, red and white blood cell, etc) and I can't do anything where I could possibly get a head injury (which rules out most of gym class. I just go to the library and get an "incomplete" grade, which, thankfully, does not effect my average or G.P.A.) I also have a procedure once a year to check my bone marrow. My immune system is also pretty weak.

It stinks, but...you just gotta get through it, I guess. At least I have great doctors, and amazingly wonderful friends.

I also have hearing loss, which is common in people with FA.

Not to mention scholiosis.

And I'm nearsighted (but that runs in the family).

:laughing:

Still, Wendy, your kids are adorable. Glad you had a magical time! It's definately an unforgettable trip :goodvibes

Glad to see you back to the board, and it was wonderful to hear the positive updates on Michael.

I started reading your trip report ages ago and somehow lost the subscription to your thread. Low and behold it was in my inbox yesterday morning, (Not sure how that happened) but I'm so glad it did. Your TR was very touching! I'm so happy that the surgery went well! How wonderful! There's the real magic for you! Thanks for writing such a honest and inspiring report. I'm not sure what WISH does in AK, but I'm going to find out and volunteer because of you and your family. Thank you for sharing! You are a wonderful mother!

Oh, I also wanted to mention, the Photopass picture of your children standing together with Tinkerbell in their hands is one of the best I've seen. Michael looks so impish in that photo he actually LOOKS like Peter! Fantastic!

Wendy, thank you so much for the update! You and your children have a special place in my heart.

Oh my goddnes I'm truly thankful for finding your Tr...I know your trip was in 2007 but reading it has been so much fun....do people still do the pre trip report? I really wanted to do one our trip is such for 1/20-1/26 with maw and gktw I have done so much reading and planning but by far your Tr has touched me the most...you have a beautiful family btw

I finally finished reading this trip report. Even though it was written a decade ago, it was still so relevant and I loved making my way through it. Your children were beautiful and it looked like Michael picked an awesome wish! (What a sweetheart that he was also thinking of his little sister's wish to meet Cinderelly! <3) I hope they're both doing well now, and I'm sure you still hold these memories very dear.

Last edited:
Wendy,

It's been almost 10 years since you posted this. I sincerely hope Michael is doing well. Thank you for an insight into what a trip like this can mean to someone as special as him!

I am so glad that I found your trip report! I have been reading all these wonderful Trip reports ever since we found out that my son Tanner was granted his wish to visit Disney World. We are leaving in two weeks on September 14th. We will stay at GKTW and return home on September 20th! It is so exciting thinking of all the memories to be made. I habe been inspired ti completecmy own trip report.....as i thought it would be fun to go and revisit the magic later on! If anyone isninterested:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/tanners-wish-trip-with-the-dream-factory.3628402/

Oh my goddnes I'm truly thankful for finding your Tr...I know your trip was in 2007 but reading it has been so much fun....do people still do the pre trip report? I really wanted to do one our trip is such for 1/20-1/26 with maw and gktw I have done so much reading and planning but by far your Tr has touched me the most...you have a beautiful family btw
I am working on our families trip report right now. We are leaving for WDW and GKTW on September 14th! Two weeks away! We are so excited!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tanners-wish-trip-with-the-dream-factory.3628402/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts