5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
Wow - I'm surprised no one came back. Guess I'll take reply #3000 too. :)

I finally finished the scrapbook from the 10 day. Didn't do quite as much as I wanted but really needed to finish it up and clean up the dining room.

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is a continuation of the original thread which may be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=653643

Okay people, no offense to the folks that are on there, but I am tired of seeing the same faces on Mary's page of Pooper oops I mean Double Scoopers:sunny: I would love to put more faces with the names I see posting here!!

Wow, great job you guys, past #3000. :flower: We have been gone to a swim meet all morning and I just now got home to check in on things. It was a good meet. Ashley improved her times even with a broken thumb. Now we just have to be ready for the "Border Championships" in 2 weeks.:cheer2: :cheer2:

You know when you say 65 weeks it doesn't sound as bad as thinking over 1 year and a half away till we cruise. I can't wait.

Everybody have a great weekend!

Pam

BWVPam said:
Wow, great job you guys, past #3000. :flower: We have been gone to a swim meet all morning and I just now got home to check in on things. It was a good meet. Ashley improved her times even with a broken thumb. Now we just have to be ready for the "Border Championships" in 2 weeks.:cheer2: :cheer2:

You know when you say 65 weeks it doesn't sound as bad as thinking over 1 year and a half away till we cruise. I can't wait.

Pam
Way to Go!! Ashley!! :banana:

The way I see it: Just keep living and trucking along and pretty soon the 65 weeks will be up and we all will be scrambling around trying to get all the details squared away and getting ready to go!!

:earseek:

Thanks Kevin. I was very proud of her. She didn't even decide to swim in this meet until Thursday night. I am glad she got past this part today, so when she swims in the championships in 2 weeks, she will know that the thumb won't deter her.:scared:

Pam

tinksdad said:

The way I see it: Just keep living and trucking along and pretty soon the 65 weeks will be up and we all will be scrambling around trying to get all the details squared away and getting ready to go!!

Actually, today we've been talking about bailing out on this cruise and taking a Grand Canyon vacation instead. We figure that we've already been on one Magic cruise, but we've yet to see many of the National Parks that we have on our list of places to visit. We could have a couple of really nice 'regular' vacations for what we're paying for our Cat 7 cabin...So many second thoughts popping into our heads lately. We've been down to 1 income since I was layed off a year and a half ago and are having a hard time justifying the $$$. :sad2:

whnim64 said:
Actually, today we've been talking about bailing out on this cruise and taking a Grand Canyon vacation instead. We figure that we've already been on one Magic cruise, but we've yet to see many of the National Parks that we have on our list of places to visit. We could have a couple of really nice 'regular' vacations for what we're paying for our Cat 7 cabin...So many second thoughts popping into our heads lately. We've been down to 1 income since I was layed off a year and a half ago and are having a hard time justifying the $$$. :sad2:
We all know that the Disney cruise is not an "ecomony" vacation. That said, we have been to the Grand Canyon, it is interesting and awe inspiring but I would rather go on a cruise. (Actually, I would rather spend two weeks diving in the South Pacific, but that's another story).
In the end, you have to do what makes you happy and fit within the budget! What ever you do, have a GREAT time!! :cool1:

Maria - I am in central Maryland. Maybe we can get some interest from other east coasters for a meet.:banana:

Sue

BWVPam said:

Pam

I like the week counting as well! It makes it seem not as bad! Awesome goes out to Ashley for doing so well this AM!! I dont remember you posting how she hurt her thumb, did you? If you did I am sorry but retell? Please? LOL

tinksdad said:

My sentiments exactly KEvin PS where has Diana been lately? Are you keeping her from posting? ;)

whnim64 said:

ICK< well I understand wanting to do other things during this time frame, I hate to lose you all on this cruise. This will be my 4th time on the Magic and 6th DCL cruise and I have a marvelous time everytime. I also have the 09-16-06 special booked not even 4 months after we get off the ship! I will love it just as much! Instead of cancelling why not think of downgrading to a cat 11 or 12? There should be a very big price difference between the cat. We had our very 1st cat 6 this past Nov and wile it was nice, I would rather be in an inside room and cruise more. I would not be able to cruise near as often if we got cat 6's all the time. I stick with 10,11 and 12. No bother to us and we are only there to sleep and change, kwim?At least check into the price difference, than you could do both vacations!

tinksdad said:
We all know that the Disney cruise is not an "ecomony" vacation. That said, we have been to the Grand Canyon, it is interesting and awe inspiring but I would rather go on a cruise. (Actually, I would rather spend two weeks diving in the South Pacific, but that's another story).
In the end, you have to do what makes you happy and fit within the budget! What ever you do, have a GREAT time!! :cool1:

I am with ya on the rather things Kevin! BUT I would rather take a 2 week vacation at Beaches, where everything is included, tips excursions etc etc. BUT everytime I price it, I just cant justify spending that much on a week at Beachers when I can get a week on DCL for far cheaper. What a sacrifice:rolleyes: :rotfl: , eh??

dobelover said:
Maria - I am in central Maryland. Maybe we can get some interest from other east coasters for a meet.:banana:

Sue

Maria and Sue, I would love to do a meet, but unfortunately yall are a little to north of me. If you ever find yourself down south though, lets plan away! I may actually get to meet the TINKS this summer as we are driving to Colorado and New Mexico to visit my family. I have a Grandma that I will definitly be seeing in Grants, maybe I can talk the TINKS up for a visit.

WOOHOOO TOP!!!:banana:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!:bday:

Yea, Mary!! You finished the scrapbook!! :cheer2:

Sorry I have been MIA lately...just trying to catch up and stay caught up......
sure do miss the countdown timers.

Not a whole lot of anything new here. Work, kids, laundry, work. Why should my life be any different than anyone else's??:confused3

I have been reading and trying to stay on top of things. Looking forward to a little break in the action at Easter time.
The rain has left us for a few days. Mostly sunny, some clouds. Such a joy to see te desert so clean after the rains.

Take care all!
TTFN
Stacey

BWVPam said:
It was a good meet. Ashley improved her times even with a broken thumb. :cheer2:

Way to go, Ashley... what a trooper!!!

Elizabeth's squad placed 3rd in their cheer competition today. Their music :music: stopped halfway though, but they continued without missing a beat... I think they would have taken 2nd, but the 2nd place team got the 'sympathy vote', as one of their cheerleaders came out of a tumbling run, lost her lunch on the mat:sick: , and didn't miss a beat. (IIiieeewww!). Poor girl competed in another division an hour later, and did the same thing again. :sick:

Only one competition left this season... and its local! :cheer2:

dzneprincess said:
I like the week counting as well! It makes it seem not as bad! Awesome goes out to Ashley for doing so well this AM!! I dont remember you posting how she hurt her thumb, did you? If you did I am sorry but retell? Please? LOL

Amanda,

The day after Valentines day, she got hit on the thumb twice in the exact same sport during PE at school playing "Ultimate Frisbee" It broke the thumb right underneath the first joint. She has had to wear it with a metal splint. So that she can swim, she is using duck tape to keep it wrapped. Of course, this is much better than what happened to her friend. She is also a swimmer and about 4 weeks ago, she fell playing the same activity at PE and broke both her arms. Poor thing is in two casts and has missed both of the last 2 swim meets. I told Ashley she got lucky. We kept her out of the pool for 4 days before she started swimming. She hates it when she has to miss.

Pam

kikipug said:
Way to go, Ashley... what a trooper!!!

Elizabeth's squad placed 3rd in their cheer competition today. :cheer2:

That is great about your daughter's competition. Congratulate her for us.

I know I complain sometimes about the early mornings that we have to go out for our swim meets, but I can't imagine doing anything else. The last meet we went to a few weeks ago, was her best meet and she came home with 4 medals plus ribbons. She took a friend from school with her and the friend was so excited for her and the look on Ashley's face was priceless.

The fall is always our busiest time because my oldest son is very involved in the school band and we have marching season. So our weekends are usually filled with football games and swim meets. I love that they each have found something that they love and they want to be involved in. They are both good kids and I am so lucky .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter