Space 220 Lounge grace period

We ended up being 5 -10 minutes late even with the earlier reservation but it wasn’t a problem. We loved the food we ordered! Between 3 of us we had 2 orders of short rib sliders and sides from the restaurant menu of broccolini, roasted carrots and truffled herb parmesan potato wedges. They were all outstanding! Highly recommended!

Attachments

• IMG_9247 Copy.jpeg
    IMG_9247 Copy.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 15
I do know (from experience) that being a non-Disney restaurant, they do not let you check in 15 min EARLY like other restaurants do. I don't know about arriving late.
Is the Space 220 Lounge a non-Disney restaurant? I'm trying to book it for July 4th (yes, I love a challenge!) and have us with 2 at 7:40 pm and 1 at 7:50 pm...

That’s where I had dinner last year on the 4th! I booked July 2nd today🙂
We have a split stay, so I called in and they booked me at the lounge for July 8th! For the 4th - Epcot is a bit more forgiving than MK with the crowds, so we just booked Spice Road at 1 pm to get out of the sun, and La Creperie at 7:40 pm to bring us up near Paris and the Skyliner, so we can watch the fireworks and then have a quick getaway. OR get in line for Remy, if they extend the park hours for July 4th. Right now, it's still showing as 9 pm, so I expect it will be a mass exodus.

I thought I might try to get walk-up lounge seating on my trip last week, but I actually snagged a lunch reservation for the next day as I headed home from the MK After hours. I really enjoyed it and thought ht efood was very good - maybe not the best steak in the world and that's only because I don't prefer NY strips, but those buffalo cauliflower nuggets were great! Anywya, I enjoyed finally seeing th eplace too, but I don't think I would have had as much fun at the bar, with my back to the view. Even though it was pricey, I really enjoyed it.

We did walk up for the bar on Monday and had the misfortune of being the first ones in the 2nd round of seating. So we stood there from 11:15 to 12:45 before being seated. 🤣 But I did thoroughly enjoy the Gemini burger and fries.

We did walk up for the bar on Monday and had the misfortune of being the first ones in the 2nd round of seating. So we stood there from 11:15 to 12:45 before being seated. 🤣 But I did thoroughly enjoy the Gemini burger and fries.
What time did you get in line? Hour and a half seems like a long time to sit at that bar!

What time did you get in line? Hour and a half seems like a long time to sit at that bar!
We arrived at 11:15. Since it is first come first served, and they don't open until 11:30, they will line up the first 10 folks (or however many bar seats they have) and once that number is reached they close the line and will tell you you can wait to the side or come back later. We were hoping there might have been just one party that was only going for a quick drink and a look, but we were not that lucky. Honestly, quite a few parties at the bar were spending more time up there than those in the restaurant portion. The couple next to us ordered their drinks and first round of apps at the same time we ordered our food and drinks. But then they decided to do a second round of drinks and apps, and those were arriving as we were leaving.

15 magical minutes.

Once upon a time in August 2023, my kids and I ran into an unexpected delay in the GoTG queue while also awaiting a Space 220 reservation, nervously texting my husband the whole time, as he stood next to the Space 220 check-in desk and confirmed the 15-minute grade period with the attendant. The kids and I finally boarded the 3-minute ride at 10 minutes past our reservation time, and after disembarking, scrambled down the stairs and sprinted along the path to Space 220 at a dead run, in the middle of the afternoon, in the blazing sun of a 97-degree day in mid August. We pulled up to the desk exactly 15 minutes past our reservation time, somehow red-faced and soaked with sweat even though we'd only been running outside for 90 seconds, and found the attendant giggling softly, saying, "You guys didn't have to kill yourselves. I'd still have let you in a couple of minutes from now..."

Walking into an air-conditioned building never felt so good!

With a mid service reservation you should be fine. I will tell you from experience that if your in the last seating they will NOT be as forgiving. We got stuck on Guardians and were 20 minutes late for our reservation around 9pm and we heard out it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter