2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Look what I found at Rite Aid and Big Lots yesterday.

That scarecrow is truly terrifying. :eek:

I've seen a lot of fall/autumn/halloween stuff starting to come out at Michaels and Joann's. I refrained from buying the things i wanted since i know they'll go on sale lol.

When I called she told me to check my credit card again in a few days. That the charges should be reversed automatically because there wasn't an order attached to the second charged. I was on hold for about 45 mins before I got through.

Has anyone got their money back yet ? I'm still waiting $530 AUD

I think the Halloween package is the parade only- can someone else confirm? I'm not too interested in the parade but I'd love a priority spot for the fireworks. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to exist. :(
Last year the package did not include reserved viewing for fireworks. I would also love to have that option, but I think DL is generally leary of doing anything regarding fireworks because they can be pretty iffy.

Do we expect them this year?
Will thy only be avalible after the 15th?
Can I get them take away somehow?
They've had Jack Skellington/NBC treats at the French Market for several years now, so I would guess that some version would reappear this year. Can you bring a small container to transport them in? They served on a regular plate, so they don't have to go containers like Jolly Holiday. I remember asking about "to go containers" at the French Market and the best they had was a drink cup (works okay for some things, but probably not the desserts).

Size wise possibly but there are as many rides at DCA/DL as WDW (at least pre pandora)

5 days is a really nice amount of time at DLR. As with anything one persons version of having done everything and another's can differ.
Are you wanting to do lots of sit down dining? Do re-rides? Meet characters etc.
But with 5 days you should have plenty of time to experience everything you want to.
Probably not lots of sit down dining, meeting characters is a definite, just hoping the 2 year old will enjoy it more this year than she did last year. My sons only 6 so he probably won't be tall enough for all the rides but we will most likely re ride a lot, especially as we will have our 2 year old who won't be able to ride the big ones he can. Thanks x

And just like that my trip is getting cancelled. Oh well.
I am so sorry. Try calling Disney and see if they have any tickets available still. Its been known I'm the past that people call in when the website says it's sold out and people are still able to get tickets. I'm also worried about the same happening to my date:(

I am so sorry. Try calling Disney and see if they have any tickets available still. Its been known I'm the past that people call in when the website says it's sold out and people are still able to get tickets. I'm also worried about the same happening to my date:(
I can't. Our house isn't on the market yet. We planned the trip not knowing we were going to buy a new house and sell the old one. It happened super fast. Old house still needs repairs before we can put it on the market. It will sell, but not in the time frame I am wanting it to. :sad:

It looks like we've had our first party sell out. Friday the 13th 10/13 is all sold out.

Holy smokes! Glad I bought my tickets... Makes sense since it's extra Halloween-y being Friday 13th. superme80 I'm sorry you'll have to cancel your trip :(

I can't. Our house isn't on the market yet. We planned the trip not knowing we were going to buy a new house and sell the old one. It happened super fast. Old house still needs repairs before we can put it on the market. It will sell, but not in the time frame I am wanting it to. :sad:
I'm so sorry. You will have to plan for another date.:(

You can also get tickets at the box offices at the parks. I had to do that last year when I decided to go an extra day. I'm not suprized that the 13th sold out. What I surprized about is how fast it sold out online. I have never seen any date sell out that fast.

When I saw the first sell out had happened I quickly got my tickets for 9/29! The price was a little painful... We are also going to a party on 10/13 but that one is on the other coast at WDW:cool1:

So we are unable to wear costumes into DCA before the party... My hubby and sons are going as monsters inc characters, very basic, just a themed tshirt of their character and normal shorts/shoes etc. they should be right to wear those in DCA right? Cause really it would be no different to tshirts most wear to the parks anyway. My daughters and I are going as the fairies from SB. I just figure we will pack our tutus in the packback and wear our coloured tshirts with shorts and get changed. What is everyone planning to do?

So we are unable to wear costumes into DCA before the party... My hubby and sons are going as monsters inc characters, very basic, just a themed tshirt of their character and normal shorts/shoes etc. they should be right to wear those in DCA right? Cause really it would be no different to tshirts most wear to the parks anyway. My daughters and I are going as the fairies from SB. I just figure we will pack our tutus in the packback and wear our coloured tshirts with shorts and get changed. What is everyone planning to do?

You should have no problem at all, especially if it relates to tshirts and normal everything else. Even tutus would be fine to wear before the party, I've seen people wear those on normal days! :) I'm not sure they're going to full-out ban costumes over at California Adventure anyway, since they advertise CA as being an option before the party.

We love going all out on our costumes, but won't show up until about an hour before the party. We like to take a break at the hotel after spending the morning and early afternoon in the parks.

I'm so shocked about the first party selling out! I would have placed bets on Halloween being the first to sell out...

10/13 was one of two dates I wanted to do (I have tickets for the other one I wanted), but with strike the weekend before for me and grades due for my mom, it was just going to be too stressful.

Still sad it sold out even though I knew I couldn't go that date. I'll be curious about all the other dates, though, and when they sell out especially with the large increase in price.

Really hoping they won't be strict this year about costumes prior to the three hours. They weren't last year. I don't want to be trying to get in at that three hour mark. Definitely eagerly awaiting the first parties for reports on how the rules will be handled in practice.

When I saw the first sell out had happened I quickly got my tickets for 9/29! The price was a little painful... We are also going to a party on 10/13 but that one is on the other coast at WDW:cool1:
I'm feeling the same. I'm purchasing mine on Monday when I get paid. I can't take the chance of it selling out. My flights are already purchased and I put a deposit on my hotel with no insurance as I always go this weekend..

Eventually. I am super bummed. It was supposed to be our 10 year anniversary and no kids. Now I don't know. Welcome to being a grown up. :sad2:
You can always plan your anniversary trip at a later date. We are having our 10th anniversary next year and are planning to go to Hawaii without the kids. Our anniversary is in July and we're thinking of going in September after the kids go back to school so it will be more of a adult based vacation with less kids around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter