2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

dtrain

DIS Veteran
New thread for this year. Discuss all things Halloween! Who's going? We'll be there Oct. 12th - 15th and hope for for an extra spooky Friday the 13th MHP.

Also, is anyone else combining a Disney Wonder Halloween on the High Seas sailing from San Diego during the season? We are boarding on the 15th, oh yeah!

Thank you for make a new thread. I will post pictures sometime today from last years Mickey's Halloween parties I went to last year. I went 5 times last year/\. I don't know how many times I'm going this year. My friend wants to go 2 or three times this year. I might go with another friend too this year. I plan on going going to the second party again and some parties the last week too.

Thinking I'll go to 2 parties this year. I wasn't able to do everything by going to only one party.

We'll be there either the last week of September or the first week of October. I can't wait to catch the new parade! We didn't visit during Halloweentime last year to check it out.

We'll be there during "Halloweentime" when HMH and GG should be open, but before the parties. Hoping it's not *too* crowded.

Yay! Thank you for making the thread!! I'm bursting with excitement and am also trying to convince my husband to do two parties but when I casually brought it up like I was ridiculous....hmmm?? Right now I'm booked at GCH on October 4th-7th but may be changing it to the last week of September.

Thinking I'll go to 2 parties this year. I wasn't able to do everything by going to only one party.

Yay! Thank you for making the thread!! I'm bursting with excitement and am also trying to convince my husband to do two parties but when I casually brought it up like I was ridiculous....hmmm?? Right now I'm booked at GCH on October 4th-7th but may be changing it to the last week of September.

Hi, my son and I are going to DLR for eight days from 9/27 - 10/4 including arrival and departure days. We have been to D/L several times before but only once at Halloween time and that was by myself, I'd been wanting to return at that time and bring my son who will love it.

I had been considering whether to do 1 or 2 of the MHP. I will have the 10day hopper ticket which I got several months ago for the price I would have paid for a 5 day ticket so it was good value. Therefore the MHP tickets I am purchasing on top of that even though I already have entry for that day - which is fine, it's a special event I know.

My main concern is - when I last attended a party in Sept '14 the fireworks had to be shut down early due to winds and that also happened on another night (non-party night) as well at that time of year. I am tempted to get tickets for 2 parties just to try and make sure we don't miss out. I do know there is no way to plan for firework cancellations ahead of time but as this is going to be our last trip for several years at least I am tempted to do it just in case - what do you think?

If they hold to last years schedule the parties might be held the Wed night (our arrival day after a 24hr journey so I definitely wouldn't book that night as we arrive at 6.30am in the morning and will probably be shattered) Friday night, Monday night and then we leave late afternoon on the following Wednesday. Therefore we would only have the option of attending the Friday night or the Monday night or BOTH : )

I had previously read about some people attending multiple parties and I guess I'm just curious as to why? "wasn't able to do everything by going to only one party" - was this rides, M & G's or other stuff.

Am I correct in remembering that there is no Fantasmic showing on MHP nights?

Is it overkill for me to book the two parties do you think or worthwhile?

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer : )

My main concern is - when I last attended a party in Sept '14 the fireworks had to be shut down early due to winds and that also happened on another night (non-party night) as well at that time of year. I am tempted to get tickets for 2 parties just to try and make sure we don't miss out. I do know there is no way to plan for firework cancellations ahead of time but as this is going to be our last trip for several years at least I am tempted to do it just in case - what do you think?
I could be wrong but I've heard that if they cancel the Halloween fireworks (at least if they cancel after loading the fireworks), they can't unload the fireworks so they will use those fireworks for the next scheduled show even if it's not a party night. So for example, if you attend the party on Friday and the fireworks are cancelled, you may have a chance to see the Halloween fireworks on Saturday with regular admission.

Also, there have been rumors of the party moving to DCA (although it seems like those rumors show up every year, so who knows if they're credible). If that happens, it's kind of up in the air what will happen with the special entertainment. I suspect they would do a special WoC instead of fireworks, which at least has the benefit of rarely being cancelled.

As for my experiences, we've been able to do most or all of what we want with one party night, but we are two adults who can stay late, and we didn't do M&G. If you wanted to do literally everything (rides, parade, fireworks, treat trails, random entertainment, and M&Gs) you wouldn't have time in one party.

Not sure of dates yet. Going to be in Cali from the 14th to the 22nd and intend to squeeze in a Disney day. It'll be my first ever Halloween celebration if I get to go to a party, we've never celebrated in my family!

I had previously read about some people attending multiple parties and I guess I'm just curious as to why? "wasn't able to do everything by going to only one party" - was this rides, M & G's or other stuff.
The rides had very short lines. We went on a good number of rides. We watched the parade - saw the back of the fireworks because we were on a ride in Fantasyland. We did trick or treating, ate dinner. Basically, we never saw all the trick or treat lines (even though I felt like we did a lot of them), never got around to checking out all the special food/treat items (you can only eat so much in a night anyway), didn't watch the men singing, didn't do any character meets, didn't do the toontown character meet beforehand. There's just not enough time for everything. I did enjoy not having long lines for rides, though. If it is consistently like that, I'd go just for the rides if I didn't care about any of the other stuff.

It sounds like you are going to be there a good number of days and probably won't need to pay the extra money for an additional party. If the fireworks are cancelled on your party night, you can still catch a fair view of them on the other nights from the esplanade. It will only be a partial view. If you buy 2 parties, keep in mind that the fireworks can still be canceled both nights.

We are going with my DD dance studio to perform either the last two weekends of September or first two of October. Waiting to hear. We went to one in 2015 and had a great time.

Hi, my son and I are going to DLR for eight days from 9/27 - 10/4 including arrival and departure days. We have been to D/L several times before but only once at Halloween time and that was by myself, I'd been wanting to return at that time and bring my son who will love it.

I had been considering whether to do 1 or 2 of the MHP. I will have the 10day hopper ticket which I got several months ago for the price I would have paid for a 5 day ticket so it was good value. Therefore the MHP tickets I am purchasing on top of that even though I already have entry for that day - which is fine, it's a special event I know.

If they hold to last years schedule the parties might be held the Wed night (our arrival day after a 24hr journey so I definitely wouldn't book that night as we arrive at 6.30am in the morning and will probably be shattered) Friday night, Monday night and then we leave late afternoon on the following Wednesday. Therefore we would only have the option of attending the Friday night or the Monday night or BOTH : )

Am I correct in remembering that there is no Fantasmic showing on MHP nights?

Is it overkill for me to book the two parties do you think or worthwhile?

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer : )

One could argue that with your multiple days there, you won't need two parties, as you'll have a lot of other time in the park. One could also argue that two parties would be ideal with your long stay so you didn't get kicked out of DL early every other night. DCA can be a nightmare on party nights. I share your fear about the fireworks. It's such a magnificent show, and one of my hugest draws to the party! I would be super bummed if it were cancelled, but I know it happens all the time. Honestly, I'm interested to see if DCA will do the party this year. I love how spacious that park is. And I think it would be cool to see a WoC Halloween show. Have the Halloween fireworks every night at Disneyland for all guests and do a WoC show in DCA for party guests. Like PP mentioned, WoC has much less chance of getting cancelled and they probably get bombarded with complaints each year when the fireworks get canceled. But we'll just have to wait and see!! Cho,ping at the bit!!

I also wanted to add that my reasoning for wanting two parties is that we did not accomplish nearly all we wanted to. The first party we went to - oh boy - it was our first time ever walking into Disneyland as a family and we didn't know what was what or what was where and it was totally discombobulating. Last year, we were fully prepared and knew everything there was to know! We didn't do M&Gs, trick or treat trails, or Toon Town party. We primarily did rides, then the parade and fireworks, and then my kids were OUT. this year, if I only do one, I will concentrate on great trails, and the atmosphere like the talking scare crows and Cadaver Dans and do M&Gs.

dtrain we are also going on the Wonder cruise leaving from San Diego. I was so excited when it dawned on me that the first Halloween party could be that Friday! Fingers crossed. Our plan is to get off the cruise and book it up to Disney to do the party. We were very lucky to get on the Wonder that cruise sold out ages ago. Should be an incredible week.

dtrain we are also going on the Wonder cruise leaving from San Diego. I was so excited when it dawned on me that the first Halloween party could be that Friday! Fingers crossed. Our plan is to get off the cruise and book it up to Disney to do the party. We were very lucky to get on the Wonder that cruise sold out ages ago. Should be an incredible week.

Fantastic! We are so excited for a cruise / park combo during our favorite holiday of the year, it's going to be so much fun.

Thanks for starting this thread! We'll be there the last week of September & I can't wait! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter