20081211 8:00am MouseFest DIS Breakfast at Boatwrights, POR

Hey Will - can you add me to the list? I don't want to miss this opportunity to finally meet Dan Murphy!

OOPS - just noticed that I missed the sign-up date. Well, if there's any room, let me know.

Hey Will - can you add me to the list? I don't want to miss this opportunity to finally meet Dan Murphy!

OOPS - just noticed that I missed the sign-up date. Well, if there's any room, let me know.

There will always be no-shows, so if I were you, I would come any way.

No problem Barrie, I padded the ressie a bit so we still have some spots open.

Hi Will!
Even though I don't spend as much time over here as I did before, I would love to meet Dan Murphy, too. That's a name I know from the time when I only visited the DIS Boards. If there is a place available at breakfast and I can find a ride, I'd like to be there.

Sandy

Hi Will!
Even though I don't spend as much time over here as I did before, I would love to meet Dan Murphy, too. That's a name I know from the time when I only visited the DIS Boards. If there is a place available at breakfast and I can find a ride, I'd like to be there.

Sandy

Okay, you're on the list.

Let me know where you are staying, and I'll add that to the list so we can coordinate rides as the time approaches.

Hi Will!

Sandy

Hi Sandy

if you're at Pop, we could share a cab, there is still room

Tacey

Well, I made my ressies yesterday and found that all of the MouseFest discounts for ASMO were gone, so I had to change to Pop.

I just made my plane ressies this morning and purposely arranged to get to WDW the day before your DIS Breakfast meet. Not sure of where I'll be staying yet, but as soon as I know, I'll post here. Hope you can squeeze me in. Just call me Johnny Come Lately.

I just made my plane ressies this morning and purposely arranged to get to WDW the day before your DIS Breakfast meet. Not sure of where I'll be staying yet, but as soon as I know, I'll post here. Hope you can squeeze me in. Just call me Johnny Come Lately.

:scratchin See, I knew. :thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing you, Johnny...I mean, JOHN! :)

I just made my plane ressies today, too. SWA dropped the fare from BWI-MCO from $287 to $177, so I booked it before they changed their minds!

Okay, I'm putting y'all on warning here...I may well be stifling a very silly guilty-mom crying jag! This will be my first MouseFest, and I've never gone before because I felt so wrong about going to WDW without my kid! I simply can't pull him out of school to come with me, as much as we'd both love it if I could. So I suspect I may well be missing him terribly, and having a total guilt attack. If you see a chick with short bleach-blonde hair, carrying a Cincinnati Roller Girls/Hello Kitty handbag, dabbing at the corners of her eyes with a kleenex, that's got to be me!

(I swear to you, I am actually a well-adjusted, independent woman. I travel solo a lot for business...which might be part of why I hate to leave my family behind on leisure travel.)

I figure if I come to this breakfast, I can be distracted from my guilt by letting y'all tell me about all the awesomeness that MouseFest will bring! Plus you can help me figure out what souvenirs I can bring back for him, to further assuage my guilty conscience.

(Ooooh, just noticed on my countdown ticker....3 months 1 week to go! Yay!)

Okay, I'm putting y'all on warning here...I may well be stifling a very silly guilty-mom crying jag! This will be my first MouseFest, and I've never gone before because I felt so wrong about going to WDW without my kid! I simply can't pull him out of school to come with me, as much as we'd both love it if I could. So I suspect I may well be missing him terribly, and having a total guilt attack. If you see a chick with short bleach-blonde hair, carrying a Cincinnati Roller Girls/Hello Kitty handbag, dabbing at the corners of her eyes with a kleenex, that's got to be me!

(I swear to you, I am actually a well-adjusted, independent woman. I travel solo a lot for business...which might be part of why I hate to leave my family behind on leisure travel.)

I figure if I come to this breakfast, I can be distracted from my guilt by letting y'all tell me about all the awesomeness that MouseFest will bring! Plus you can help me figure out what souvenirs I can bring back for him, to further assuage my guilty conscience.

(Ooooh, just noticed on my countdown ticker....3 months 1 week to go! Yay!)

MouseFest is not a "trip to WDW." It's a convention, and we all know how kids hate conventions, so you're really doing your kid a favor by leaving him home!

The fact that the convention takes place at WDW is entirely irrelevant. You probably won't have any time to enjoy the place anyway, what with all of the boring convention functions you'll be attending. Right?

MouseFest is not a "trip to WDW." It's a convention, and we all know how kids hate conventions, so you're really doing your kid a favor by leaving him home!

The fact that the convention takes place at WDW is entirely irrelevant. You probably won't have any time to enjoy the place anyway, what with all of the boring convention functions you'll be attending. Right?

Ahhh, an excellent and devious strategy....but sadly, I'm afraid it won't work on my boy, or myself! He's 12 years old, and actually participates in recording segments for a Disney podcast with me, so he's totally jonesing to get to one of these fan meets. (We are currently penciled in to attend MagicMeets together next summer!)

My current guilty-mom approach is to remind myself that while I'm there, I will do all the things he hates, so that next time we go we can spend more time together doing the stuff he's into. (For example, he hates hates hates AK, so I'll get it out of my system while we're there, and then I can skip it next time.)

I spent a day at Disneyland without him in August of 2005, and man did I come home with a ton of pins for that boy....

If anyone is staying at the ALLSTARS MOVIES, you can share a cab with me!:goodvibes

I still haven't finalized my MouseFest plans (I know, I'm a slacker) but I usually stay at Pop during that time and probably will do so again this year. I'll gladly share a cab with whoever else will be staying there. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter