20081211 8:00am MouseFest DIS Breakfast at Boatwrights, POR

WillCAD

Where there's a Will there's a way
In another thread we had some discussion of trying for a meet of those DISers heading down to MouseFest.

Thursday, Dec 11, is the official MK day, but the official MouseFest meets don't really start until after noon, so I thought it would be a good time to have a DIS meet.

If you're going to be in the MK area on Dec 11, whether you're planning to attend MouseFest or not, why not get together and have a nice breakfast, either in the park or in one of the nearby resorts?

Let me know your preference for restaurant, and for time of the morning, and when we get a group signed up I'll call for an ADR. It will be sometime between 8am and 11am.

My personal preference is for Kona Cafe, but majority rules - we'll try whichever restaurant that the majority of the group wants.

We're already past the 180-day mark for the ADR, so we may not be able to get exactly the time we want, but when I make the ADR I will get the closest that I can.

UPDATE: Kona Cafe is completely booked for Dec 11-13. Our second choice, The Wave at the Contemporary, doesn't take large groups. My backup-backup is thus Boarwright's, in Port Orleans Riverside. I know it's out of the MK area, but the MK area restaurants book up fast, and Boatwright's does not. But Boatwright's is a terrific place, so I know we'll all have a great breakfast. And Boatwright's has Banana Stuffed French Toast, just like Kona's famous Tonga Toast!

Click here for the complete Boatwright's menu

If transportation is an issue, let me know - I will attempt to set up carpooling, and maybe we can get some courtesy vans from the resort to pick some of us up in the morning (no guarantees, but I was able to do this once at Kona). If you will need transportation, let me know where you will be staying and we'll work something out.

Meet Details - DIS MouseFest Breakfast

Hosts: WillCAD
Location: Boatwright's, Port Orleans Riverside (Kona was booked, and The Wave doesn't take large groups)
Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008
Time: 8:00am
Type: Casual breakfast to meet and greet fellow DISers (MouseFest attendance is not required!)
Deadline for signup: Friday, July 25, 2008 (ADR is for 25 - spots are still open!)

DISers Attending:

01. WillCAD - Pop - Has car, will drive from Pop
02. Donald is #1 - BCV - Has car, will drive from Pop
03. Nurse.darcy - POFQ - Walking
04-05. mla1977+1 - ASMO - Riding with UrsulasShadow
06. Poohbear2 - ASMO - Riding with UrsulasShadow
07. BrianWDW74 - Dolphin - Has car, will drive
08-09. meyernl+1 - Pop - Needs ride
10. Dan Murphy - Swan - Has car, will drive
11-12. Disneydannam+1 - BWI - Has car, will drive from Pop
13. DisneyDeeva - Pop - Needs ride
14. Kitti-Chan - ASMO - Riding with UrsulasShadow
15. UrsulasShadow - Off-Site - Has car, will drive from ASMO
16. Snowwhitebelle - Pop - Needs ride
17. Barrie - SSR - Has car, will drive from Pop
18. sjh801 - Pop - Needs ride
19. Towncrier - Dolphin - Has car, will drive
20. ANTSS2001 - Pop - Needs ride
21. DisneyCP2002 - Pop - Needs ride
22. ADP - SSR - Has car, will drive

Transportation arrangements:
All-Star Movies - Pickups by UrsulasShadow
Poohbear2
Kitti-Chan
mla1977+

Pop Century - Pickups by WillCAD, Donald is #1, Disneydonnam, Barrie
Snowwhitebelle
sjh801
meyernl+1
DisneyDeeva
DisneyCP2002

I'll add my name to the list as well. . .I don't have my dates hammered out but the latest I would be arriving is the 10th in the morning so I'll be there for the 11th. . .

My son and I might be able to do this! Put us down, just in case our schedule works out. :thumbsup2 We love Kona for breakfast, so that gets my vote too!

I'm in. I'm trying to make the trip into me and my goddaughter. I currently have ressies at CP for 8:10 on that day.

I will already be at WDW, and plan to take part in the MouseFest Land events. Put me down for 2 people, please!

*Kona Cafe is fine with me, and hopefully it won't be TOO early. :)

Im already in the count - thanks Nancy

Kona is a good breakfast restaurant Right on the monorail, good food, a reason for me to get over to the Poly, and quieter/less chaotic than character meals

Please add me in. I think KONA would be perfect.:hippie:

YUMMY:cutie: YUMMY:cutie: macademia nut pancakes.

Ahhh, would have loved to join you guys, but I'll be getting off the Wonder that morning and on route to WDW around 8:30ish....no time for breakfast with you all. But, I'm sure I'll be seeing you at some other meets. Have fun!!!

My daughter and I would love to come. Someone will need to tell me how to get from POP to Kona (wherever that is - never been there). Thanks!

Nikki - Kona is at the Poly
you could take the bus from Pop to the Magic Kingdom then monorail to Poly
I believe Ive done this early, before the MK opened

Sounds fun ::yes::. I don't arrive until noon-ish that day, but I look forward to seeing everyone for a few days again this year for Mousefest, etc. :thumbsup2.

Well, so far everybody who has voiced a preference has voted for Kona Cafe, so unless we get flooded with new signups by the deadline, I guess we'll be eating at Kona.

I've got some LGMHs already, I just need to figure out how best to attach them to my park gear.

You've got some WHAT?!??!?!

**Never mind...lime green Mickey heads?

Yup, LGMH = Lime Green Mickey Heads.

I have a Home Depot nearby that I pass every day on the way home from work, so I can easily pick up a bunch every so often.

I'd like to attend. I don't have a restaurant reference. I will probably not be able to attend unless it's 9:00 pm or later because I'll be taking Disney transportation and coming from Pop Century. So it will be bus and monerail if it's at Kona. Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter