2008 BAN Wagon Support Group

I am so far off the wagon. Like 20 miles behind it. Maybe I should ban myself from the ban. ;)

me too! i'm thinking i might take my ban sign down. i did good at the beginning of the year- but now forget it!!!!!

I had to take my ban down.
After all the money I spent on paper I don't need.:sad2:
Bad girl I am.

i ended up taking mine down too! i'm just not a ban wagon girl i guess!:lmao:

I never put up the sign ;) I did great Jan & Feb than there was LSS that had a moving sale, new Basic Grey paper came out and HL had 50% off paper, Big Lots had some cool stuff.... Note there's a paper theme going here!

My DH mentioned the other day that I had started buying scrap stuff again and "don't you have enough?"

My DH mentioned the other day that I had started buying scrap stuff again and "don't you have enough?"

DH's just don't get it - how can you have enough when there's something you haven't got and might need :confused3

I suggested we go to Ikea to buy some folding tables so i can use the dining table for scrapping - well, the whole dining room would be good:rolleyes1 I can't use the words he used "because there are pre-school toys present" (Woody to Buzz ;) )

DH's just don't get it - how can you have enough when there's something you haven't got and might need :confused3

I suggested we go to Ikea to buy some folding tables so i can use the dining table for scrapping - well, the whole dining room would be good:rolleyes1 I can't use the words he used "because there are pre-school toys present" (Woody to Buzz ;) )

I'm hoping I get new folding tables ( or TV trays as my family calls them) for Christmas since ours look so ratty! Lord knows we use them enough since our dining room table makes for a great scrapping table!! ;)

I to took my Ban logo down some time back, I fell off the wagon so much that I was too black and blue to deny it! :rotfl:

I'm sorry y'all are struggling with the wagon. I'm doing pretty well with it except for my swapping issues. I've been able to hold off on joining any swaps since the Surprise Swap and the Primas but I don't feel bad about those since I can almost always use that stuff.

Of course, being off work and on disability for almost three months has helped. No extra money for scrapping helps to not buy stuff. Hopefully the puppy will help me resist buying more also. Especially since she is so expensive. I guess I'll need a puppy ban next!

I fell off a little on Sunday but not too badly. Since we met Gracie (the puppy) for the first time on Saturday, I wanted to do a small paper bag book with pics from our first meeting. JoAnn's was having a sale on paper stacks so I bought the 8x8 Pet Stack since I'll be able to use all of it now that we'll have a puppy. I also had a 50% off and a 40% off coupon so I used one to buy the 2.5" Xyron Sticker Maker and the other to buy a refill cartridge for it.

The paper stack and the Xyron stuff are my first "splurges" in months so I don't feel too badly. Still, between the puppy and our WDW trip, there is no room for scrapping stuff!

Do we need to bump the ban wagon up? I had to buy basic grey paper at hl 'cause it was 50% off last week. I bought 3 packages but shared with my daughter and did 3 pages out of what I bought. Does it count if I shared and used it?

I was wondering where the ban wagon went. I've been try not to even go into ACMoore or Mike's. I am on a mission to figure out a way to use what I have. Boy do I have a lot of stuff I didn't even know I had.

Our trip is less than 4 months away and I still have to scrape some $$$ together to get our park tickets, so no spending on scraping stuff.

I must be doing somewhat better than I though on the Ban, because I am running out of trash bags. My trash can in my scrap room needs something a little bigger than a standard grocery store plastic bag. ACM bags that hold 12x12 paper are a perfect fit. It was never a problem to keep my trashbag supply going, because I easily went to ACM more often than I changed the bag :rolleyes1 but I am actually out! I had to go rummage for some other bigger bags where I keep my regular plastic bags. :thumbsup2

You know, I have doing the same thing with bags, kept many of the old big bags from scrap stores and since I have been scrapping nearly every day lately (only 1/2 day summer school this month), I have been using them up more quickly too. I still have way too much more paper than bags left though!!!:lmao:

My Spending Days:
Sometime in early January (to spend my GC and other Christmas money)done
Valentinesdid a shopping trip with this money
July 3rd- Anniversary
Nov 22- birthday
Christmas
4 other days (1 per quater)I have done 2 days but except for the day at CKC I didn't spend much

I will use more of what I have on hand for swaps- but I will still participate, although I will limit myself to:
3 swaps per monthwhat a joke
No more than 4 groups in a swap (except ones I am hosting so I don't pay postage)I think I have stuck to this one
No swaps that I can't see an immeadiate reason for doing (if I don't have pictures or already have the event planned I can't swap for items for it)I have only been in a couple of swaps that I didn't have an immeadiate need for

I will purchase only:
solid cardstock (if needed for a specific project- I must use what is on hand before shopping)I have been very good about this
adhesive
albums I have a specific purpose for (only if I don't already have an album the right size - I can alter the cover if needed)except for 6 by 6 albums for baby things - I have already used 4 of these and bought a bunch when they were on sale
mats and blades (no more than 1 mat per machine per month and no more than 1 blades for craftrobo this year and 4 blades for cricut this year)I have only purchased mats 1 time and no blades yet this year but I need to order one for the craftrobo when we move
patterned paper only for specific projectsonly purchased for my dog album, swaps, and to complete projects at CKC
no more than 1 cartridge per month and no cartridges that are not on sale (I have only purchased 3 carts (the Disney shapes) that did not come with the machine)none yet this year although i want the pooh carts since I haven't needed them I yet I haven't bought them

Overall I am doing pretty good- I would have to say that solid cardstock for projects and postage have been my biggest expenses this year.

Rebecca

Don't get me started on postage :headache:

I was not doing badly until I was ambushed yesterday by Scrappindeal Wild Wednesday - 1/3 of Basic Grey, they know I couldn't resist :rolleyes: so $38 down and I daren't even think about postage :earseek: as they add that later for me

But I've got loads of new bazzil coming for my stash....er....swaps :blush:

bump2.gif

So, I was thinking about this thread....then I started :lmao:

I started with the best of intensions...and ended up getting the 8x8 and 12x12 Mickey album sets and 2 big expensive punches the other day, just because there was a sale...

How did y'all do?

deb i totally fell off very early in the year. i just could not stay on the wagon!!! i love my sizzix stuff way too much. i want them all. i need a 12 step program!

I looked at my goals- I bought a lot less in cricut carts- I had allowed myself 12 and I ended up getting 3 this year- 1 for my birthday, 1 for Christmas and 1 just because. I was pretty good until SDV- when I got some cool new toys just because and then the Tampa Expo- where I bought everything DH had left to get me for Christmas and then some.

Rebecca

Okay.... I'm jumping on!! (But with trepidation!)

My goals for 2008: Finish our 2005 Disneyland trip BEFORE we go to WDW in April.

To finish another full TWO calendar years for DD and DD's life albums

To finish and print digital books of the family tree I started last year.

Necessary Purchases during 2008:

Adhesive (Dotto, CM tape runner, Xyron refills, Zig pen, glue dots)
Solid, basic color card stock (black, white, brown, yellow, blue, green, etc)
Photos (of course!)
Page protector refills
May need a few new albums for the Disneyland pages.

"Buying days in 2008"

Mother's Day (May)
Birthday 6/17

I couldn't justify calling any other day a buying day... DH would never buy me scrapping stuff for our anniversary, so why should I give myself permission to buy on that day??

I do have a $20 ACM gift card that I got for Christmas that I will be hoarding and using when I find something that I just can't resist sometime this year.

I will need everyone's support to stick on board this year!! And I will try to be supportive of you all! .....................P

I actually did very well this year, as far as the shopping ban went. I did receive a Cricut for a combined Mother's day/Anniversary/Birthday gift, so I have bought a few carts (it came with 3 I believe).... truly, just a few and all at $45 or less.

Other than that I stuck with mostly just buying plain cardstock, adhesive, page protectors, and just a few new albums (I buy the cheapos on sale at Michaels or ACM). Oops, I did buy two DCWV stacks on 50% off at Joanne's around Halloween. I even hit a great scrapping store on Cape Cod over the summer and bought nothing! I'm willing to bet my spending this year, including the cartridges I bought (and the two I just ordered this week, thanks to an enabler alert :confused3 ) was under $400 and probably even under that! I used coupons for everything I bought that wasn't on sale at Mike's and ACM and Joanne's. It still may seem like a lot to some of you, but I think it was good for me!

I didn't buy any stamps, very little ribbon (maybe just two spools of the $1 stuff, no punches, no scissors or cutters, no sizzix dies or mats, one pack of pastel pens at a close-out store for just a few $$ (and one pack of rub-ons at that same store), NO BAZZILLS (especially since my LSS that carried it closed), no fancy albums, no stickers (I have waaaaay too many), no new fonts (but I did get some freebies), only one new black stamp pad, only one magazine ALL YEAR (but I did ask for a subscription for Christmas), no books, no buttons, no brads. I think I did GOOD!

It was easy in the beginning of the year when we were saving for our April trip, and it was NECESSARY during the end of the year when we were paying for a new (unexpected) septic system.

Anyone up for a 2009 shopping hiatus?.................P

Well, I am happy to say that the BAN did wonders for me and I am thrilled that I started it. I have spent less than $200 in non-approved items and very little on the approved ones too since I've only purchased two of my 4 allowed carts and only took 2 CS stock-up days instead of my 4. The BAN has been very successful and we totally used the extra cash I saved on scrap stuff to go to WDW. It has been a success.

I will be honest though, that I feel down with regards to my swap goals. I had planned to only do 4 all year and ended up with too many to count. I've got to stop spending time and money on swaps and get some books done, especially now that I have two WDW trips to scrap and haven't finished the last DLR trip.

I'm planning to run the BAN again for 2009 but will focus my goals much more on avoiding swaps. I hope many of y'all will join me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter