2008 BAN Wagon Support Group

I did fairly well through June, then DH got his new job, and it was more money, and then DISASTER!

2009 I have already committed myself to

photos, adhesive, page protectors, cartridge sales, $10 a month for fun stuff, so I don't go insane.

And I think I will only be doing the swaps that I am hosting. I just hope avoiding swaps doesn't become the new thing, I want people to participate in mine. :goodvibes

Well my Ban I did not do so well. I did end up spending about $385 less this year then last. I completed the one 8x8 album (still have one more that is 1/2 done) and none of the other albums I wanted to finish. I got more than 4 carts and did only buy cs on sale at ACM.

Oh phooeey! I have already decided that 2009 I am going to spend A LOT less on scrapping and shopping in general. I am going to concentrate on the important things in life than spending it in a store. I will join again and hopefully do better in 2009. I do feel like I have a different attitude.

I'm gonna be on board for sure.. no swapping and MORE scrapping!!! I'm determined to make a dent in my HUGE piles!!! Plus DH said I need to use some of this paper it's a fire hazard! LOL

Of course that came after I offered to beat him w/ every stitch of paper I had because my dryer broke.. I'm now a proud owner of a new dryer w/ extended warranty.. as I was dating the back of the appl. so we know when we bought it.. I realized it was on the anniversary of the day we got engaged! Yep, we got engaged on Dec. 17th! LOL

I didn't keep track of what I spent or anything, but I think I did pretty well. I know I definitely spent less this year than in past years. I go to ACM and Mike's a lot less often now. I still have my weakness for Cricut cartridges and pretty paper, but I'm definitely getting better. I'm on board for 2009 - I just need to use up tons of what I have so I feel less guilty about buying new stuff.

I spent $1,300 on scrap stuff this year, so disturbingly enough that is rather good. I bought a Pazzles and it was expensive) My 2009 goal is to cut $500 off and keep it to $800 this year. I think I can do it!

cool. I was thinking of adding blinkies or smiles for peoples signatures if they make their monthly goal, what do you think??

That sounds good. Were you thinking something like the monthly challenge clippies that they do on the WISH board?

Alright, everyone. I'd like to go ahead and start the 2009 BAN thread so we can all declare our goals, but I'd like to get some input from all y'all first.

BAMB mentioned something about smilies or clippies for each month to help us stay motivated and I was thinking there are a couple of ways to do that.

Option 1: The WISH boards have monthly clippies that you can add to your signature as a kind of inspiration. You also declare your goal for the month and track back on the thread for your progress. I would prefer to keep all the tracking on one thread so it would just be a matter of declaring yourself as a participant each month and adding the clippie to your signature then reporting back on your success.

Option 2: We can make a list like the one on the Scrapbooking page tally thread and have a different clippie that you get at the end of each month of successful completion. If you fell of the wagon one month, you just wouldn't move up to the next level until you completed the following month on the wagon. The clippies would say something like, "2 months on the BAN", "6 months on the BAN", etc.

Let me know which y'all prefer. I'm leaning towards option 2 but will go with majority.

Sorry, I missed this posting Shauna!!

I like Option 2 best... I plan on being on the wagon driving or recovering missing members this year!!! I gotta use all my stuff.. I have so much now that I'm becoming overwhelmed in the madness!!!

actually, that's not true. I have been into 5 stores countless times in the last 3 weeks and have bought absolutely nothing scrap related. It was kind of scary....What the heck is wrong with me???

I went out the other day and DH said "you don't need anything?"... Well, yup, but I have to use what is home first!!!!

I see that BAN ship sailing by and like Jack, I like to wave as it passes!, alas I am still to new to join you on your wagon but wish all of you good luck!
Now bring on that horizon! (In this case, store!):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter