2008 BAN Wagon Support Group

I am teetering already. I just straightened out my scrap room to prepare for start cropping my Dec. WDW pages (discovered I need black and red paper. Wonder why I go through so much of that.;)) But I remembered I want to get the new Becky Higgins book. I need to add that to my list.

Side note: I played around with my Disney font cart and made a mickey sillouette ticket. Soooo cute. I am going to use it as matting for our passes.

Welcome MazdaUK, rlovew, Lisa, SIOH, Momof2DisneyKids and hopemax!!

Congrats to all of you for listing your goals. It doesn't matter if you only want to limit a few things or all of your activities as it's still good to create a plan.

Now Lisa - you have 3 days to go buy your new red and black paper before the BAN begins. Stock up now so you can set yourself up well for the new year.

Thanks for joining in. I hope this group helps all of us achieve our goals. :wizard:

I am teetering already. I just straightened out my scrap room to prepare for start cropping my Dec. WDW pages (discovered I need black and red paper. Wonder why I go through so much of that.;)) But I remembered I want to get the new Becky Higgins book. I need to add that to my list.

Side note: I played around with my Disney font cart and made a mickey sillouette ticket. Soooo cute. I am going to use it as matting for our passes.

the book is back ordered. I ordered mine on my birthday from Scrapbook Clubhouse and they still don't have it in. And the CK website is out too. Hopefully it will come in some day.
I have the mags though if you want to borrow them.

If your paper is page specific then I say buy it. You can't get any scrapping done if you don't have pages right? I run out of black and brown a lot! Those I will need to constantly refill.

I forgot albums and refiills. I should only need one other album which I will use a coupon on and hopefully refills will be purchased with coupons.

I would say that albums, refills, and adhesives don't count. Those are necessary evils of creating. And I fork out money to go to crops since I don't get anything done at home. I hope to rectify that soon, since DH is home. I'm taking over the dining room, I just need to get the mega swap out of the way and get his stuff out of there.

I'm really looking forward to 2008!!!
the year to create!!

My DH will thank you.
I'm in.
I am so not listing what I have purchased since I started this little hobby a year and 7 months ago. But I probably could have financed a long weekend at WDW, easily.

My weakness is paper. I hoard the stuff. Never use it, just have to have it. That said, I will only buy paper on my free days.

Valentine's Day
Mother's Day
August 28
October 18
Christmas
and 2 FD tbd

I will limit myself to said paper buying days, adhesive as needed and only on sale or with coupons, 2 cricut carts (if there is anything new in the offering, no buying older stuff), and printing photos.
I will only purchase the paper and hardware if it is on sale near or at my said days.
I will limit my swapping to only what can be sent in a priority envelope, no more boxes of swaps for me.
I will only sign up for 6, yes you read it right, only 6 swaps before the summer. I will have to shop my stash for these swaps. No buying anything new. My resources will need to re-evaluated at the summer to be sure I have enough stash to continue swapping.
PN96, will you help me keep count?

I would say that albums, refills, and adhesives don't count. Those are necessary evils of creating. And I fork out money to go to crops since I don't get anything done at home. I hope to rectify that soon, since DH is home. I'm taking over the dining room, I just need to get the mega swap out of the way and get his stuff out of there.

I'm really looking forward to 2008!!!
the year to create!!

AWM, I've gotcha ya!! I'll so be stalking you to keep you in line w/ these swaps!!! :love: :hippie: :rotfl: :surfweb: :surfweb:

BAMB! That 2008 statement needs to be in all our siggies!!! Do you mind if I add it to mine?
off to fix lunch and select the clothes for our trip tomorrow.. NO response from his boys about going... I want to say alot...but I will be quiet... but you know how I feel...

I'm in...we had a party last night, and DH took my friend into the crap room...I was so embarassed...I have so much all over, so it's use it or loose it this year...

Necessary evils are ...card stock, adhesive, blades, mats, albums...

I'm starting a new card making class at Mike's, so I'll be able to use up lots of stuffs with that...

Shopping from a list...once a month...

Limiting my swaps...

Joining the page and using your swaps challenges...

Does not include shopping or classes at CKC this summer....

AND I love the 2008, The Year to Create!!! Do I see a glitter siggy in our futures?

Oops, forgot about crops and classes. I haven't taken any classes in about 6 months, but I do go to crops about once a month and there is $15-$30 depending upon how long and where I go. See how easy it is to loose sight of where the money is spent? Man, I need to write stuff down.

Thanks PN96! I will need the :surfweb: because I really :love: the thrill of signing up. I'm such a junkie. :rotfl2:

Going to go play with my siggy. :thumbsup2

if ya'll want the 2008 the year to create in your siggie then go for it!

I hope someone can figure out how to do a glitter siggie.

I think I have it

2008glitter.gif

How did you do that? I'll be clearing my seasonals away soon - can't leave decorations up beyond 12th night ;) - and I'd love to add it instead.

ok right click the image, copy and paste,and don't forget your img brackets.

AWM I think you will need to shrink your tickers down to small to fit everything if you want the glitter sig.

ok right click the image, copy and paste,and don't forget your img brackets.

AWM I think you will need to shrink your tickers down to small to fit everything if you want the glitter sig.

Yup, I sure did. Had to recreate the travel ones to shrink them. Forgot the dates and had to look them up. :rotfl:

Thanks for the glitter sig!

Buffy, I LOVE the glitter siggie! I'm going to put that in mine! It's an inspiration! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the glitter siggy BAMB!! Love it!:thumbsup2

I'm so bad, I'm putting some of my personal stash in my clearance bins at the shows I do, plus I'm setting a bunch aside for our yard sale this Spring. :scared: I'm sorry to say that I've been a scrapbook supply COLLECTOR for the past several years and don't have much finished to show for it.

I design page/album kits in addition to the t-shirt portion of my business, so that has consumed all of my scrapping time. The last thing I did for my family was our 2003 WDW trip. I used to be good at least keeping up with the Christmas album, but I haven't done that since 2003, either. :( It looks like I'll be starting my Master's this year, which with homeschooling and running my business will REALLY cut into my scrapping time, but I need a few little goals.

My goals: SELL all this stuff that I "think" I'll use, but never do. I may even add my Cricut to that list...I have the big Klic N Kut and the Cricut, while I love the Disney cartridges and such, just doesn't get the use to justify it.

Get Christmas caught up.
Finish the one CJ I'm in (that is SO far behind) and learn to say, "No".
Make a scrapbook for oldest DD of her singing in the Candlelight Processional.

finally, I have some copies of old black and white photos that were part of my parents' barn fire that I'd like to scrapbook for my mother. She had put all of our baby books, photos, memorabilia out in a barn on some property to "make room" in her house (enormous house with 3 attics that is jam-packed with "stuff") for her Christmas decorations b/c it was just too hard to bring them in every year. Sadly, some punk (probably my niece from the looks of things) set fire to the barn on Halloween, so all of our family legacy-type things went up in smoke.

I will only buy things AS I need them and will use them. I will not buy anything for "someday". I obviously have to add some things to my arsenal for the page kits I create, but I'll try to limit that to items on hand as much as possible. The amount of ribbon I have makes me queasy...

I'm in since after mid-January I really need to save money for my Disneyland trip at the end of April for my birthday.

Free Days:
-The entire months of May & June- That should be enough time to purchase all I need for my DL scrapbook. This may include trips to Grand Rapids and Detroit for Disney related scrapbooking supplies.
-Christmas

Supply List
-Adhesives
-Cricut Mats
-Cardstock and Bazzill from LSS only when on sale for 4 for $1
-Only absolutely necessary paper for specific projects
-Photo developing

My goals
-Finish New England scrapbook
-Work on my many Chicago trips (I have one to finish and 4 I've never started)
-Purchase Paper Dolls
-Purchase maximum of 2 Cricut cartridges TBD.
-Purchase Cricut Expression after DL trip.
-Start and finish DL scrapbook.
-Work on digital scrapbooking.

Once DL scrapbook is complete (if it is still 2008)
-Continue work on Chicago trips
-Work on Gettysbrug/Washignton DC trip from 2006
-Begin Gettysburg 2007 trip

There really needs to be more time in the day! ;)

wow those are some big totals! I'm so glad I went digital! This year I probably spent less then $100 on digital kits, definately less then $150. I have had one book printed this year, which cost ~ $60 from Shutterfly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter