2008 BAN Wagon Support Group

I'm in! I'm usually pretty good about only buying on sale or with a coupon, but I live within 20 minutes of several HL's, Michael's, JoAnn's, Recollections, and a handful of LSS, so there is always something on sale! I go to a crop each week -2nd and 4th Friday night at a friends house, 1st and 3rd Saturday night at LSS with different friends at each. I have 3 teenagers and my hubby works on Friday night- I need my scrapping nights! I've scrapbooked for years, but in the last 4 months, I've completed 2 huge Disney albums, and 42 random pages. I've been on a mission! But this mission has been expensive.
After reading every one's goals, and getting some good ideas, these are mine:

Use my stash
Only buy paper as needed for specific pages and solids
I just bought an Expression-so mats and blades-maybe a cart?
Adhesives

I'm going to try to not buy any stamps, stickers, embellishments of any kind, and use what I have and the cricut.
I can't decide which days to pick, I'll do that later.
I plan to make one more trip to Recollections (or 2)
I'm going to limit my crops to $5 or $10 for the crop and not buy anything until I've depleted my stash. I think I should be good for a few more albums

I have 2 more Disney trips, a Denver trip, this years holidays, and about a gazillion random photos to catch up and start 2008. My Dad died last year and I haven't scrapped a holiday since-maybe I can try again. I've never done swaps, so I don't know what I'm missing!

I have no idea how to do the tickers, siggies and all. So, I'll wait for a teenager to help me. Good luck to everyone and I'm so excited!

When you right click on the 2008 glitter banner that BAMB made, click on "properties" at the bottom of the list that appears. That will bring up the URL which you highlight, copy, and paste into your signature, then add the image tags before you save it to your signature. It's just like posting a photo from shutterfly to here.

I told my DH about the 2008 BAN Wagon and he laughed at me. He said there was no way I would pass up the paper packs at Big Lots or getting the lastest paper to come out at the LSS. So I guess the only way this going to work is that I have to stay out of the stores. And no skipping down the scrapbook aisle at Target either. This is going to be harder than I first thought. I might need those 30 day tokens to give something to look forward to.
However, we did say this was a 2008 thing, right? I've got a few more days to go hit the stores. :rotfl2:

OK, OK, I'M IN!
ooooh boy this is going to be hard. i did not add any receipts, but i'm sure it's tons!!!!
i have a gazillion pics to print, as i have not printed any since last june and i took about 2500 in wdw in august! so i'm not including printing pics on my list. and i did get a mike's card for xmas so i'm not including that. (as long as i just spend that, right!) and i really, really want the paper dolls cart so i will buy that, but hopefully that's it!
so i'll need AWM to keep me from buying ANY dies! no sizzix, no cuttlebug, no big kicks, no quickutz, no ellison, no dies of any sorts. OH BOY! well, i'm in so no means no.
no how do i add those fancy, smancy signature thingys to my siggy?????

oh wait a minute, i owe mazda some jolees, so i'll get those and i owe awm so dies for a trade,( but i think i have what i need for that) but then that's it!

Hey, feel free to give me any you already have that you don't think you'll use anymore. I can give them a good home. :thumbsup2

To help keep you on track, I'm PMing you my cell and you HAVE to call me before you can buy anything new!!

Hey, feel free to give me any you already have that you don't think you'll use anymore. I can give them a good home. :thumbsup2

To help keep you on track, I'm PMing you my cell and you HAVE to call me before you can buy anything new!!

you had better. nothing like a support group here. and you know how much i love my sizzix right! it's really going to be hard for me to pass them up. i am ocd about them. i have to have them ALL!

and check out my siggy~ i figured it out!

Just got home from shopping... picked up a lot...and put it right back down.. only walked out w/ the adhesive I needed... I didn't have any photo squares to work with...(spent 3.00)

Oh, ladies. It is like you can read my mind. I had already told everyone that I wanted to scrap this year! So, I'm in too! I can only imagine how much I've spent - but do I really want to? :rolleyes1 Yikes.

Anyway, my free shopping days will be:

My birthday (and that is in a few days...)
Mother's Day
May 17
June 23
July 2
and 2 free days.

Again, I'll need adhesives and pages (and albums too...), but nothing else. Believe me, I could sell what I have and go to Disney! :scared1:

What a great idea! :)

Just got home from shopping... picked up a lot...and put it right back down.. only walked out w/ the adhesive I needed... I didn't have any photo squares to work with...(spent 3.00)

Good job!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

The hardest part of the battle is putting down the items you already have in your hands. Doesn't it make your palms itch! WTG on resisting temptation!!!

I've decided not to do the Cricut cart deal. The ones that I really want right now are on backorder or are still pricey. I'd rather wait until they come down and get them all for the price of what I would pay now plus the S&H for the "free" one. Besides, I just don't feel right starting on this journey by making a huge purchase. I really want to try to do this the right way.

Now can y'all convince me that I'm not making a mistake? :headache:

Count me in. I know that I impulse buy all the time. I need to stop. I will keep doing my monthly stamp camp that costs 20.00. My DH plays World of Warcraft and that costs 15.00 monthly to play on line. That is almost even.:confused3 right?
I will be able to buy mats and blades for my cricut. I will only buy a new cartridge if there is any more Disney like Pooh and friends. I have a large amount of paper and I need to use that. I will ask my MIL to keep me in line. She has started to scrap and we can support each other and stay out of the stores!!!!!
My shop days are Feb 11 anniversary
Mothers day
birthday sept 7
3 other days
I am also going away for a scrap weekend in January.
As for swaps, I can't help myself. :confused: I am so far behind in my Disney and family albums, I get tempted easily. I still have not used any of my swap stuff yet. I will limit myself one swap a month. I may have to change my mind about this as I have not looked at the calander lately.
OK enough babbling, I am going to scrap tonight :cool1: as my DH plays his game. :rolleyes1 At least we are in the same room.
Count me in.
I will add to my signature later. I love the signature
Cindy

you had better. nothing like a support group here. and you know how much i love my sizzix right! it's really going to be hard for me to pass them up. i am ocd about them. i have to have them ALL!

and check out my siggy~ i figured it out!

I have 4 alphabets that I don't use anymore and a bookplate template. I might have a few more, I'd be willing to mail them to you, or drive 1/2 way. Anything to help out a sister! ;)

Way to go Nancy!!!!! Good for you!

I am cleaning out my stash, I tore out all the layouts I want in the 50 magazines I had (I think there were more than 50 but I lost count) I filled 3 paper bags of magazine bits I didn't need. I have all of my 1994 pics sorted in chronological order and I have the first go round of one of our WDW trips, honestly can't remember which one. :rolleyes: So next I need to sort the pics into pages, find layouts, and get paper and embellies out.

I did however take stock of my adhesive. I have 2 rolls left so I know I will need more on the 12th.

Are we supposed to tally our spending totals? good and bad?

Count me in! Although I'm not sure I can commit to specific shopping days, I will commit to not buying anything I don't really need or haven't thought about for a long time. (No major purchases either). I will limit to one or two cartridges unless Cricut comes out with tons of disney.

I don't want to limit swaps for one reason....it's the only way I get myself to sit down and do anything solely for me. I do only participate in groups that I have pictures for (with 2 trips to scrap).

I do have to sort my stash and I got a paper rack for Christmas so that will help. I have tons of paper. I will use said stash for swaps.

I will put on ebay anything I don't use and recoup some of those funds!

I don't even want to know what I spent last year but it was too much! Postage was a big items so I need to consider the number of swaps and how much stuff (sticking to envelopes!).

I will use more creative and cost-conscious ways to embellish my swaps - jpgs instead of stickers, etc.

I'm sure there will be more I can think of committing too but I'm tired!

Hope this isn't too vague?

Maria

Okay, I've thought about this and I am having a hard time coming up with days and stuff. I think the way I am going to go about this is that I am making myself commit to scrap before I can buy something. So my plan is for every 10 pages (that's huge for me), I can spend $20.00. That way I am sure to at least get my scrapping done.

In regard to swaps. I am limiting myself to recipe swaps this year. I have tons of pieces to add to my pages and want to work through those first. But I can't give up the recipes, I love those!!!

good choice Dyan!! I like the reward system.

BTW everyone, the boards will be going down for the night soon. So I'm headed back to the kitchen to sort more scrap stuff.

Have a great night!!!!!

Good job!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

The hardest part of the battle is putting down the items you already have in your hands. Doesn't it make your palms itch! WTG on resisting temptation!!!

I've decided not to do the Cricut cart deal. The ones that I really want right now are on backorder or are still pricey. I'd rather wait until they come down and get them all for the price of what I would pay now plus the S&H for the "free" one. Besides, I just don't feel right starting on this journey by making a huge purchase. I really want to try to do this the right way.

Now can y'all convince me that I'm not making a mistake? :headache:

You are NOT making a mistake - temptation of a 'deal' is sometimes a money sucking deal.

IF you are looking for a specific cartridge AND you have permission from yourself within your parameters (or before the BAN) to get it, try stalking ebay a bit - I got a few early on very cheap - like bags, tags, for 15 bucks and the mickey font and mickey and friends for about 35 each by seriously stalking some auctions. Keep shipping in mind of course. They fluctuate. I've only bought 1 cart from a real store and that was with a gift card to get the cinderella disney one last week (which I have yet to open but have big plans for).

I forgot to add that I have to actually make two books asap on my disney trips since I've forked out the cash for the swaps and also for the pictures!

I'll have to add recipe swaps in, but I can use some stuff I already have for a lot of those :thumbsup2

I can't manage the glitter but I've got the BAN on

I have 4 alphabets that I don't use anymore and a bookplate template. I might have a few more, I'd be willing to mail them to you, or drive 1/2 way. Anything to help out a sister! ;)

i'd love to give them a good home! let me know how much to ship them and i'll send you the money to ship them. anything you need? i probably have it in the big mess i call a scrap spot!

Well, organizing was insane! I don't know if I'm done yet, but I found many Christmas presents (and even some Halloween items...) that I forgot I had. So, that gives me even more resolve not to impulse buy for any reason, not just scrap stuff. Yikes!

But on the plus side, it totally inspired me to get working on my CJ - pictures are printed and colors selected. :) I'll be early this time around!

i'd love to give them a good home! let me know how much to ship them and i'll send you the money to ship them. anything you need? i probably have it in the big mess i call a scrap spot!

let me go through the box to make sure you don't get duplicates. I know that one alphabet has some sticking issues so I'm not sure if you want those.

I'll edit this post when I get to the box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter