20040605 Let's Party! A NEW JERSEY DIS Meet!!--INDEXED

Can you both at least comment on the cost per person part? This is what I am concerned with.

From the other meets I have read, it appears that everyone just meets up somewhere and you just order whatever you want off of the menu. Has anyone gone to a meet with a cost per person paid in advance? Am I trying to be too formal?

Being that this is the first time I have tried to do this, I may be reaching into left field so bare with me. :) ::yes::

Fred

I think the pre-set cost is a good idea. This way you can order what you want and not have to worry about spending more/less than everyone, etc...Also-having it catered will make it easier on the restaurant. Will the price cover tip? Or will that be extra?
I think the price is reasonable.
The restaurant is perfect, very close for me and I've heard good things about them! The dates are great too!

The price seems fine with me. I think it sounds very reasonable, but then again I've never been to a meet before. I think for the food and whatever extra surprises you have planned, $35 would be okay with me.

The location would be very convenient for me. I cannot make June 12th, but June 5th is good. The price doesn't matter to me at all, so $35 is fine. I'd be coming alone. I took DH and DSs to a DIS meet a couple of years ago and now they won't go to another one. :p

Fred: If you don't get enough people for the "contract"with the restaurant, can you just make a reservation for however many people are attending, and then we can all just pay our own way, PLUS a cover charge for whatever expenses you'd have?

P.S. The meet I went to before was at someone's house and we all brought food and drinks with us so there was no charge involved. He was gracious to open his beautiful home to everyone, and he also supplied some food and a cake. :) But I do like the idea of having it at a restaurant, whether we pay a price up front (the $35), or we each pay our own bill.

As I can see right now, either date would be fine for us, most likely it would be my DW and myself. I just printed off directions from mapquest and it is about a 70 mile ride from our house. I've driven that far in Florida to go my grandmother's house to Dixie Crossroads just to eat lunch, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Price sounds good to me. DH will be working so I would be coming alone.

I have created an email list for those of you that are interested in going to the New Jersey DIS Meet. Just enter your email address and click the Subscribe button then follow the instructions.

When you click the Subscribe button, it will take you away from this page. Just click the back button on your browser to come back. :) ::yes::

<form action="http://www.majesticnetworks.net/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi" method=POST>
<input type="hidden" name="flavor" value="subscribe">
<input type="text" name="email" value="Enter your Email Address" size="24">
<input type="hidden" name="list" value="njdis04">
<input type="submit" value="Subscribe">
</form>

Put me and DW down. Dates are okay also price is fine..

Either date and price is fine with me. It will probably just be me (DH thinks I'm crazy). My sister would love to come but she lives near Buffalo and that's a little to far to come!!! I've never been to a DIS meet so I think it should be fun. Oh, I subscribed to your list.

How about Jersey Dis'rs!! Where are you? We need to get at least 50 people for me to book this hall. Not THAT big a deal if less we just won't have the entire hall and would be seated in the regular restaurant area instead. Spread the word!! Join my email list too. :)

Fred

I would be interested...DD would come also, since she posts on the teen board. I think it would be fun, but the 12th is out for us, since she will be getting back from her 8th grade trip to Hershey
that night. We're all for it, if it was another night
$35 sounds about right. I have organized a few dinners for people at work, and find that if I don't get cash up front, and reserve for ____# of people, they don't show up, and I am stuck paying for them anyway, since you usually need a minimum. I don't know what the policy is at Camillos, though. I have not been there, or even heard of it before
:eek:

Elaine

I'd be interested. Keep me in the loop about the date and location. I'm in South Jersey outside of Philly, but I don't mind traveling.

Steve

Originally posted by disneysteve
I'd be interested. Keep me in the loop about the date and location. I'm in South Jersey outside of Philly, but I don't mind traveling.

Steve

How close to the Woodbury area are you disneysteve?

That's great! More people! I figured 50 people would be easy. Looks like June 5th is holding as the date. Camillos is great! Best part of this is we will be able to relax and enjoy a great meal with good people and great talk!!! Camillos is also easy access from route 9, the Garden State Parkway, or the Turnpike.

Just spread the word. I hope to start collecting pre-payments within a week from now.

Count me in too. I've never been to a dismeet but this sounds fun. It will be me & dh and depending on the sitter situation, maybe 3 kids.

Do you have a specific time set?

Laura

Kids will be welcome! I am actually planning on bringing my 3 year old daughter. I figure $5 a piece for kids should cover soda and pizza for them. They won't eat the food we are eating anyway. :)

As for times, if we get the hall (50 people) then I would say between 12pm and 4pm or 12pm and 5pm.

I am going in this weekend to put $50 down to hold the hall for that date.

Next week I plan on seeing how many definates we have for adults. I hope to have "AT LEAST" 20 adults confirmed for early next week.

Like I said, I don't mind if we have less than 50 it's just that we won't have the hall area to ourselves and instead we will be seated in the restaraunt area. Either way should be fine for me. I can't wait! :)

Fred

Originally posted by Verandah Man
How close to the Woodbury area are you disneysteve?

I'm in Cherry Hill, just up the road from Woodbury about 15 minutes or so.

Steve

I'm interested too...but I may actually be at WDW that weekend if I can make all the arrangements. I'll know in a few days.

Location sounds good--I'm just down the road a way in Long Branch, but will have to work out some transportation arrangements. DH and I are among the few people I know who made the choice to give up having a car. I live about 40 feet from a NJ Transit train station and can probably figure it out from there!

Beth

Originally posted by BethC1952
-I'm just down the road a way in Long Branch, but will have to work out some transportation arrangements. Beth

Beth, If we are not bringing the kids, I'd be more than happy to give you a ride. We are in West Long Branch.

Laura

List of interested people as of 03-03-2004 10:45 AM

This list is also being updated on the original post for this thread.

If you don't see your name on this list please PM me and let me know!

28 and counting so far! This number does not include guests or children. We may hit 50 people! Lets keep spreading the word!

Majestic
IloveDMB
Verandah Man
jx3smom
sue1013
carone0318
Manda1219
SeaSpray
mom2of2
AspiringCindy
TeresaNJ
CindyB
Credit Man
Disneymaddness
Big Dude
Breezy_Carol
buzzlady
dizcrazy
Beth E. (NJ)
Valentine
Tinkerbelle739
huey duey & luey
msdznyduck
Pooh67_68
Jdubbs
disneysteve
MOMTOMOOTOO
BethC1952

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter