20040605 Let's Party! A NEW JERSEY DIS Meet!!--INDEXED

Thanks so much for organizing this, Fred! This sounds great - I have never been to a DIS Meet before, either! DH (FrankNJ) and I live in Somerset, and we will be there! :) The dates, times, and prices are fine with us! Please add us to your list! And thanks again to Karen for sending me the link to this thread! :)

I want to also thank Karen for PMing soo many people to let them know about the meet.

Ok everyone, can you please reply to the thread and advise how many people you are coming with? This way I can get a more accurate head count.

Example: I am bringing my wife and daughter and maybe father in law. Head counts only. Will make it easier for me. Make sure your head count includes yourself! :)

That means for me: 3 Adults and 1 Child

Thanks. I will post the more accurate list here and on our mailing list later on today.

Fred

I want to go too!!! I live in the Ocean County area and I am interested also. The price is fine, but I have to see if we can get off that Saturday. It would be me, my Dh and is everyone bringing the kids??

Your welcome. Like I said, I don't mind helping out. I have PMed a total of 41 people so far. So hopefully more people will be responding soon. Please don't feel left out if I didn't PM you(of course I didn't PM anyone that had already responded). I'm not doing this in a very scientific way ~ I'm using search. Can't wait to meet everyone.

1 adult (to make it official)

To BethC1952, I live in Middletown and could also work out a ride if you need one.

Karen (one adult to the meet)

Hi Fred!

2 adults for us! Thanks again for taking the time to organize the NJ DIS Meet! :)

And thanks again for letting us know, Karen! :)

Oh I'd LOVE to be there! The only problem I might have is that *might* be the weekend we've got to fly to FL for the walk through and final closing on the house :(

Hopefully it will be the following weekend though :)

Can't wait to meet all of you!!!

Anne

Bring kids! I am bringing mine and I hope that some others bring theirs too!

Are you confirming for at least 2 adults at this time? Just want to clarify.

Fred

Originally posted by lUVTOGO
It would be me, my Dh and is everyone bringing the kids??

As of right now, the date is June 5th from 12pm to 5pm. Can you confirm a head count for me?

Thanks!

Fred

Originally posted by msdznyduck
I would be interested...DD would come also, since she posts on the teen board. I think it would be fun, but the 12th is out for us, since she will be getting back from her 8th grade trip to Hershey
that night. We're all for it, if it was another night
$35 sounds about right. I have organized a few dinners for people at work, and find that if I don't get cash up front, and reserve for ____# of people, they don't show up, and I am stuck paying for them anyway, since you usually need a minimum. I don't know what the policy is at Camillos, though. I have not been there, or even heard of it before
:eek:

Elaine

Like I said, bring kids!

Everyone, if for some reason this all works out to be a great time as I expect it to, I will be glad to coordinate a get together like this every year.

It's been lots of work but fun too. :)

The only concern that I have is that I get cash in advance for confirmed head counts so I don't get stuck with the tab. :)

In a few days I will be posting a PayPal address and if needed, I can PM people an address they can mail payments to. If you don't have PayPal, sign up today and please be sure to list me as a referrer! :)

Fred

Originally posted by huey duey & luey
I live in central NJ and would be interested in more details. I may be unable to attend, (babysitting is hard). I would definatley love to know more details, to try to arrange it
Tara

Confirming 1 adult and 1 13 yr old.......would she be an adult, or a child? She actually would rather eat pizza and soda, than other stuff, but will "force" herself to eat other stuff if she had to:rolleyes:
ELaine

I just got off the phone with Camillo the owner of the hall. Looks like we may need to look elsewhere as he has gone ahead and booked the hall that I was promised. :(

We can have half of the normal restaraunt seating area but it is the same price and we won't have a large open area to have some fun.

We can change to June 19th and get the hall but I am not pleased with the current events.

Updates as I get em. We are currently investigating other halls as well.

Fred

Originally posted by msdznyduck
Confirming 1 adult and 1 13 yr old.......would she be an adult, or a child? She actually would rather eat pizza and soda, than other stuff, but will "force" herself to eat other stuff if she had to:rolleyes:
ELaine

Fred, if we can move it to a Friday night, I will look into places here in the Toms River area. I would never be able to get off on a Saturday, but I could take off Friday. Let me know.

Ugg...I was SOOOO close to having a date and time and everything all set.

Friday night wouldn't be bad but I am concerned that it will be a problem for children who will end up staying up late. No???

Also, we would probably have to do 7pm to 10pm if we did Friday night which cuts us down by one hour less than I hoped for.

What does everyone think of Friday night?

We are speaking to a place called The Victorian Manor which specializes in catered banquets. We may be able to get them for 4 hours on June 5th but I am not sure yet. Price is right and they include some type of desert too! Also central to the Parkway and Turnpike right off of 287 near Raritan Center.

Input please?

Fred

I can't believe he did that:mad: The least he could do is lower the price a little for the dining room area. Really stinks when you know what to expect and now have to take chances at another place. If you want to keep it in the same area maybe try Romeo's (732-254-6252) - It's on Jernee Mill Rd. It is where Camillios used to be. I don't know if they have a seperate room. Another place to try Venice Pizzeria & Restaurant - Maint St. by Quick Check (732-727-0077) again I don't know about private room. Another thought ~ Sayreville Bar - I haven't been there in years, but they do have a private room upstairs. Peter Pank Diner has a room(closed off area) that will hold up to 70 people. I'll keep thinking.

I would prefer the Sat.

Originally posted by buzzlady
Peter Pank Diner has a room(closed off area) that will hold up to 70 people. I'll keep thinking.

I would prefer the Sat.

I'm gunna reccommend that the "Pank" is not considered. In the past 2 years, their food really hasn't been up to par, and the wait staff isn't too friendly, and it's not really all that clean-typical diner, nothing special :)

Hi Fred! Hi Karen! Thanks so much for going to all of this trouble for us NJ DIS'ers! I'm sure that whatever you decide will be wonderful and fun! The Victorian Manor happens to be very close to us, so we're all for it, but wherever you choose will be great! We could certainly do a Friday night, but Saturday would probably be better for us, as well. Lots of good luck and please let us know if there is anything that we can do to assist! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter