20040605 Let's Party! A NEW JERSEY DIS Meet!!--INDEXED

If the timing is right, I'm always up for a Dis-meet.

Adam aka Big Dude

So far we are getting a good turnout! I hope to have at least 20 more. Let's start with a date of late April to early May. This is going to be hard because I know that no matter what day it is, some people won't be able to make it. :(

I will do my best though! If we can get 40 or so people, we can easily justify a hall of some type and have it catered or whatever.

Been working on the door prize ideas...you will all love em!

Keep spreading the word.

I will have to look at a map. I am about 30 minutes south of the Delaware Memorial Bridge and only know the exits on the NJT. What exit are you talking about?

I really haven't thought that far in advance but an early guess would probably be....somewhere between exit 7 and 11 on the New Jersey Turnpike. That is pretty much the Central Jersey area. One way or another, I am shooting for something off of the turnpike not the parkway as it has easier access from different parts of the state PLUS out of state.

Sounds like fun. I'll be watching. Just a thought though - if you stick with exit 10 or 11 off the Turnpike area, the Parkway is very accessable to that area for people that would take the Parkway. It's also a good area for those taking Rts. 78, 22 or 287.

Hey Big Dude! We could carpool! I'm a hop skip and a.... well you get the picture away from you!!

I'm nowhere near the interstate or the parkway but isn't exit 7 the one for Great Adventure?

Another Jersey girl here. Keep me posted as to the whens and wheres and hopefully I'll be able to make it.

The week of April 5 to 13 is no good for me -- it's Passover and that's a hard time for me to eat out.

I am a brooklyn gal.. and central Jersey is a short trip for me.. if the date is good I would love to!!! Sounds like fun!! Thanks Fred!! And Congrats to you and your wife!!

Kathy :wave:

List of interested people as of 02-27-2004 04:09 PM

Majestic
IloveDMB
Verandah Man
jx3smom
sue1013
carone0318
Manda1219
SeaSpray
mom2of2
AspiringCindy
TeresaNJ
CindyB
Credit Man
Disneymaddness
Big Dude
Breezy_Carol
buzzlady
dizcrazy
Beth E. (NJ)
Valentine

COUNT ME IN!!!!

I am just off exit 5 of the turnpike and would love to meet fellow dis'ers.

Wishing everyone a "magical" evening!!:wave:

Originally posted by Credit Man
Sounds good to me!

Mike,

Maybe we will get to meet before our August cruise afterall!!!

I live about 10 minutes from exit 3 of the NJ Turnpike.

:wave2:

I live in central NJ and would be interested in more details. I may be unable to attend, (babysitting is hard). I would definatley love to know more details, to try to arrange it
Tara

Me too.....Me too.
Exit 9 is not too far from me, but I can go anywhere!!
Good idea...

I tryed a Point Pleasant meet last summer with only a few responding.so give it a try.. Put me down

Ok I need some input.

I found a GREAT hall for us at a place called Camillo's in Sayreville, NJ. They can provide us with a hall that can accomodate up to 100 people. Now, I am assuming that the 22 or so people that have responded so far will be bringing someone with them? Possibly even children? (Yes, of COURSE children are welcome! I need someone to play with my daughter!!)

1st, I believe this is a good place. I want to hold the meet at a place where we can enjoy ourselves and this is definately a place for that. I can vouch for the food. It is TOP NOTCH! Excellent Italian!!! 2nd, it is EASY to get to from the Parkway or Turnpike. 3rd, the prices are REASONABLE!!!

Now, I have never run a DIS Meet before so I need some input from those of you that are interested in coming.

My plans require there to obviously be a per person fee to attend. I would "assume" (I know...it's dangerous...) that most of you understand that. Good. With that out of the way I can move on.

I need enough cash per person to cover the costs of the hall and food plus a few other things I have in mind. Muahahahah!

The restaraunt will serve the following in a sit down meal:

Choice of 2 to 3 appetizers.
Salad before dinner.
Choice of one of 4 Entrees. 2 Chicken, 1 Seafood, 1 Pasta.
All coffee, soda, and tea included.

There is a bar so you can order drinks and such but you pay seperately for those.

Right now, for what I would like to do, we are looking at about $35 a head. This does not include children. I think we will probably just get Pizza or whatever for them. I would assume we should get like $5 per child to cover pizza and soda costs???

For me, this isn't too much but I can't obviously speak for everyone. Then there is the fact that I would need to sign a contract for x# of people and I would be responsible so it is important that I get input.

Also, the date as of right now looks to be June 5th with a possible June 12th. Nothing sooner is possible.

I did price out another hall which was cheaper but after adding a caterer to the picture it all came back up to the pricing I was looking at for Camillo's.

So, there you have it. Let's here what you all think.

Fred

Camillo's is an excellent choice!! REAL close to home too. So far the dates sound good too.

Well, those are the 2 dates that I have picked out for my graduation party, which hasn't been decided yet. It all comes down to when my family can come in as to when I will have that. So I'll have to be up in the air for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter