Will gondolas impact BCV/BWV experience?

We own at BWV. I kind of liked the IG entrance being a "bonus" for the Epcot resort area. I am a little bummed about more guests coming in the entrance. However, after reading some of these comments regarding capacity and only coming from CBR, I am less concerned.

As to the dues issue, I would think it would apply to the rumored CBR/DVC. The gondola really doesn't benefit those at BCV/BWV. Unless you wanted to go to CBR. Or am I missing something?

We own at BWV. I kind of liked the IG entrance being a "bonus" for the Epcot resort area. I am a little bummed about more guests coming in the entrance. However, after reading some of these comments regarding capacity and only coming from CBR, I am less concerned.

As to the dues issue, I would think it would apply to the rumored CBR/DVC. The gondola really doesn't benefit those at BCV/BWV. Unless you wanted to go to CBR. Or am I missing something?

It's also supposed to connect to Pop & AoA, which will increase the number of guests arriving there beyond simply the CBR guests. I agree it doesn't benefit BWV or BCV (except as very round about, longer than the boat, alternative transport to DHS) but I'm not convinced Disney won't figure out a way to charge us.

I think if there is anyway to pass on some of the expenses to the neighboring DVC resorts (BWV and BCV) it will happen. Since the particulars wont be revealed until after the Gondolas are completed it would be foolish to think otherwise.
As I understood it each resort pays for their own transportation when it's locked in as it is with each resort. They divide it up based on a formula is my understanding. I am confident it won't be spread to BWV/BCV.

As I understood it each resort pays for their own transportation when it's locked in as it is with each resort. They divide it up based on a formula is my understanding. I am confident it won't be spread to BWV/BCV.

I'm surprised by your comment, Disney has proven that they will do what's good for Disney, if BCV and BWV can use the transportation options, the guests and owners there will be charged. I would bet that they are also charged for the monorail because they can use it even though it doesn't directly serve the resorts. As a DVC owner I am charged for transportation, pools and activity centers that I don't really use.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm surprised by your comment, Disney has proven that they will do what's good for Disney, if BCV and BWV can use the transportation options, the guests and owners there will be charged. I would bet that they are also charged for the monorail because they can use it even though it doesn't directly serve the resorts. As a DVC owner I am charged for transportation, pools and activity centers that I don't really use.

I don't quite agree. Your post suggests they've consistently skirted the rules and reasonableness. They're a company and have to keep that in mind but I don't think there's much to point to that suggests they've been outside the rules for their own benefit. That you don't use a part of your resort is irrelevant, it's still part of your resort. In some cases they could do pay to play like the valet parking. You've seen me post the appropriate way to look at the issue of items to be included in resort fees vs pay to play but I can do it again if desired. I'd be willing to take the bet on the monorail for BWV/BCV even though I haven't looked at the audit for this issue. I don't believe there will be any component for BWV/BCV for the gondola based on a stop at EPCOT. Now if there's a stop for BCV/BWV that would be a different situation than being discussed. As I've said before, I don't know why anyone would play in their sandbox that doesn't have a certain amount of trust in them, I certainly wouldn't.

In my opinion the idea that Disney could/would include part of the Gondola construction/operation costs in Epcot area resorts is ludicrous. It is transportation between Epcot/DHS/CBR/POP/AOA not the Epcot area resorts. There is no stop for BWV or BCV simply a station within walking distance at the entrance to Epcot. In my opinion it would be the same as Disney trying to bundle part of the bus costs for MK into BLT dues. BLT/CR guests can walk to the MK bus area the same that BWV/BCV can walk to IG to access the gondolas. It is not a primary source of transportation if it does not stop at the resort. Or charging the Poly part of the operating costs of the TTC ferry since Poly guests can walk there and use it. As a BWV owner I can't see using the gondolas to access DHS regularly. The walk to IG from many villas isn't that much closer than walking directly to DHS (maybe 10 minutes at most). It will take more than 10 minutes to wait for a gondola and take 2 gondola rides since it appears you have to transfer at CBR.

I don't quite agree. Your post suggests they've consistently skirted the rules and reasonableness. They're a company and have to keep that in mind but I don't think there's much to point to that suggests they've been outside the rules for their own benefit. That you don't use a part of your resort is irrelevant, it's still part of your resort. In some cases they could do pay to play like the valet parking. You've seen me post the appropriate way to look at the issue of items to be included in resort fees vs pay to play but I can do it again if desired. I'd be willing to take the bet on the monorail for BWV/BCV even though I haven't looked at the audit for this issue. I don't believe there will be any component for BWV/BCV for the gondola based on a stop at EPCOT. Now if there's a stop for BCV/BWV that would be a different situation than being discussed. As I've said before, I don't know why anyone would play in their sandbox that doesn't have a certain amount of trust in them, I certainly wouldn't.

We can agree to disagree, I'm not aware if any rules in regards to what they can charge or who they charge for anything. Like most companies they are constantly looking for ways to increase profits and creative ways to pay the bills including adding fees and billing the DVC for their share. As far as I know there isn't anything in writing that we have access to that explains their policies on the scope of what DVC is billed for, either inclusions or limitations.

I keep thinking about the Boulder Cove pool and how that will be billed and the changes to the area around BRV. Did Disney pay for that with construction budget money or will some of the cost be billed to BRV owners?

In my opinion the idea that Disney could/would include part of the Gondola construction/operation costs in Epcot area resorts is ludicrous. It is transportation between Epcot/DHS/CBR/POP/AOA not the Epcot area resorts. There is no stop for BWV or BCV simply a station within walking distance at the entrance to Epcot. In my opinion it would be the same as Disney trying to bundle part of the bus costs for MK into BLT dues. BLT/CR guests can walk to the MK bus area the same that BWV/BCV can walk to IG to access the gondolas. It is not a primary source of transportation if it does not stop at the resort. Or charging the Poly part of the operating costs of the TTC ferry since Poly guests can walk there and use it. As a BWV owner I can't see using the gondolas to access DHS regularly. The walk to IG from many villas isn't that much closer than walking directly to DHS (maybe 10 minutes at most). It will take more than 10 minutes to wait for a gondola and take 2 gondola rides since it appears you have to transfer at CBR.

Ludicrous or not, we don't know what goes on in the mouses mind and how they decide who pays for what.

Can I ask - what is the point of the gondola from CBR to AOA/POP?

Who knows? My gut tells me that CBR will be upgraded to a deluxe resort with a DVC high-rise as the next DVC project. Having a gondola serving the DVC resort would be a big selling factor.

Ludicrous or not, we don't know what goes on in the mouses mind and how they decide who pays for what.

Totally agree, but I am quite sure what goes on in the mouse's mind is doing their very best to get DVC to foot the bill for as much that is legally possible. No matter what the bill is for. I also just wonder if they ever cook the books.

Totally agree, but I am quite sure what goes on in the mouse's mind is doing their very best to get DVC to foot the bill for as much that is legally possible. No matter what the bill is for. I also just wonder if they ever cook the books.

I agree with @Dean earlier post. I wouldn't deal with a company that I didn't have some trust in.

I agree with the folks who say that Disney will not be charging BWV and BCV members for the gondolas. It really isn't a viable transportation option from either resort unless you are going to dinner at the CBR, or you're just looking for a fun ride.

Yes but why to AOA/POP?

With Pop going through a very nice room renovation right now, and the gondolas coming, I've been wondering if Pop and AOA will suddenly have a new "value plus" category that will result in higher room rates vs. the All Stars.

We can agree to disagree, I'm not aware if any rules in regards to what they can charge or who they charge for anything. Like most companies they are constantly looking for ways to increase profits and creative ways to pay the bills including adding fees and billing the DVC for their share. As far as I know there isn't anything in writing that we have access to that explains their policies on the scope of what DVC is billed for, either inclusions or limitations.

I keep thinking about the Boulder Cove pool and how that will be billed and the changes to the area around BRV. Did Disney pay for that with construction budget money or will some of the cost be billed to BRV owners?

I'll have to review the POS when I get home (in HH right now OF) but I'm quite certain that it restricts dues to items tied somewhat directly to a given resorts usage and I don't think there's any way to make that argument for the gondola that stops at the gateway and not BWV/BVC. Now there may be a small charge for transportation in general for ALL of the resorts and that would be more reasonable and appropriate. Since CCR, BRV and WL are all the same property, it's a different technical argument that does not apply. Remember their policies are the POS, certainly slanted in their favor but not this far.

Can I ask - what is the point of the gondola from CBR to AOA/POP?
I'm assuming it was an easy tie in and a way to increase the usage of those resorts and likely their prices as well.

I agree with @Dean earlier post. I wouldn't deal with a company that I didn't have some trust in.
Right, you must be able to have trust here, especially with the DVCs that are combined with a regular Disney hotel. I've said this before, If I could own at any DVC at Disney World it would be at the Beach Club, no doubt, so I too would have to have the faith that the books were not being cooked. But, Hilton Head will work better for us as a home resort, as it is not as far away, plus we really like it there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter