Will gondolas impact BCV/BWV experience?

2xcited2sleep

DIS Veteran
I read on another forum an article about the pending construction of the gondola system and potential impact to the Boardwalk area - increased crowds overall, changed views, much more crowded International Gateway entrance. I had heard about gondola project but somehow this hadn't registered- somehow I thought the entrance was going to be over in "Africa." I'm an owner of a small contract at BCV and I love the sleepy woods view toward EPCOT and the usually easy entry/exit via IG. I know nothing to do but wait and see (2019?) and there may even be an upside, who knows - Disney does a great job with most things. Just curious to hear thoughts from other BCV or BWV owners...

I am concerned about the same thing. I really didn't think the gondola's were going to EPCOT when they were first announced. Now that they have already blocked off the area in front of the IG entrance I am worried that that entrance will have long lines. They must have to have some plans to expand the entrance beyond what is currently there. It is so nice to have that entrance not congested except at maybe rope drop. Do we know how many people will be able to fit in one of the gondolas?

I'm not going to worry about it - the gondolas are in the future and I have confidence that Disney will figure things out. It's not in their best interests to have people stacked up at the entrance & complaining about the wait to get into the park.

I'm not concerned either. First off, Disney uses the gateway entrance to bring in bus load of groups and conference folks, so use to that and it's never been a problem. And it will also depend on how expensive the gondolas will cost per ride per person. While it might be attractive at the beginning, I think it will level off considering it will be one more added cost.

I'm not concerned either. First off, Disney uses the gateway entrance to bring in bus load of groups and conference folks, so use to that and it's never been a problem. And it will also depend on how expensive the gondolas will cost per ride per person. While it might be attractive at the beginning, I think it will level off considering it will be one more added cost.

I didn't realize there was going to be a cost associated with gondola use. I was thinking they would be akin to bus, monorail, boat. Will be interesting to see how things develop!

I didn't realize there was going to be a cost associated with gondola use. I was thinking they would be akin to bus, monorail, boat. Will be interesting to see how things develop!

They have to recoup that huge cost. With the increased cost of preferred parking, and preferred/VIP busing, preferred fireworks viewing, it's pretty much a given that this is not going to be a free service.

The gondolas are similar to those used at ski resorts and have similar through capacity per hour as the monorail.

Hint: You are already paying for it...

That said, maybe their upcharge mania will spread to charging extra for air conditioned gondolas, all day VIP gondola reserved for just your family, gondola ride with an imagineer, gondola dessert party, etc. Maybe the next $200 AP price increase will include gondola memory maker for "free". I kid, I kid.

I'm all for more transportation options.

Will the DVC resorts have to take on some of the financial responsibility for those gondolas with respect to dues? As part of transportation?

Seems like the Boardwalk area could use some additional foot traffic.

It probably could - and maybe it will bring new entertainment, shopping options. I wonder if it makes BW view rooms more or less desirable - they're already pretty loud at times. Like anything probably depends on the family. I'm sure Disney is thinking through it all. Just fun to speculate. :)

Will the DVC resorts have to take on some of the financial responsibility for those gondolas with respect to dues? As part of transportation?

Yikes, I hadn't thought of that. Can they do that? Do the DVC units on the monorail contribute toward its maintenance?

It probably could - and maybe it will bring new entertainment, shopping options. I wonder if it makes BW view rooms more or less desirable - they're already pretty loud at times. Like anything probably depends on the family. I'm sure Disney is thinking through it all. Just fun to speculate. :)

Yikes, I hadn't thought of that. Can they do that? Do the DVC units on the monorail contribute toward its maintenance?

Yes, all DVC units contribute to the cost of transportation for guests staying there. BWV pays part of cost for the boats to Epcot & DHS and for the buses to MK, AK & DS, etc. If the gondola transports BWV guests then I'd expect BWV member fees to contribute to that cost.

Yes, all DVC units contribute to the cost of transportation for guests staying there. BWV pays part of cost for the boats to Epcot & DHS and for the buses to MK, AK & DS, etc. If the gondola transports BWV guests then I'd expect BWV member fees to contribute to that cost.
Do the plans call for a stop at the Boardwalk? I didn't think so.

If they do, I would think that the Boardwalk merchants & restaurants should also be contributing to the cost & maintenance.

Do the plans call for a stop at the Boardwalk? I didn't think so.

If they do, I would think that the Boardwalk merchants & restaurants should also be contributing to the cost & maintenance.

I don't think there's a stop at the Boardwalk either, just wanted to confirm that DVC members support transportation costs via dues. And I agree that if Boardwalk merchants & restaurants benefit they should pay too (through rent etc.).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!