Will gondolas impact BCV/BWV experience?

I happen to enjoy the South American tour groups. Then again, I also enjoy going to soccer (er, futbol) games, so YMMV

Any idea how long the trip will be from CBR to Epcot? Will they have Gondoliers onboard? Will there be emergency/security services/disembarkment points available along the trip, say at the turns in the path? Do you think this is a trial for an extended gondola system between the resorts/parks/DTD/etc, if successful?

Oh, you'll meet them eventually. You'll hear them long before you see them!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Scan some of the general park and resort threads for more fun stories. (do a search for "BTG" or "BTGs")

I've seen cheerleader soup at the All Star pools. ;) And I joined them. And the tour groups. I am just missing the matching outfits. :flower3: Guess I wasn't paying attention. :laughing:

I was worrying about this myself before seeing this thread. I don't see how it benefits BCV or BWV at all. We already could walk to Epcot and take the boat to the Studios. Is it really gonna be that much faster to the Studios with all those stations? Can we even take it directly or do we have to switch at each station? I'm concerned about heavier traffic at BCV, the back entrance and the overall view and general vibe. It's always been so peaceful back there.

I'm wondering if they'll make the gondolas be within a security checkpoint. That would help BW/BC guests tremendously. In other words, set up the security checkpoint like they have it for the monorail resorts so that when people get off at IG, they're already past security. Otherwise, security lines could be an issue there. Part of me doubts that'll happen, but we'll have to wait and see like everything else.

Good point. I guess having security before boarding the gondolas makes perfectly sense, as it could be seen as a potential target. Am I wrong or now security is implemented at the resorts for the monorail?

Good point. I guess having security before boarding the gondolas makes perfectly sense, as it could be seen as a potential target. Am I wrong or now security is implemented at the resorts for the monorail?

Yes, security check for monorail resort guests takes place at the resorts prior to boarding. Guests arriving at TTC from the parking lot, outside buses, taxis to TTC, or walking over from the Poly are screened at the TTC before boarding the monorail or the ferry. Guests arriving via bus to MK are screened where the bus docks merge, prior to the MK entrance plaza, and guests walking from BLT/CR are screened on that walkway.

So I also hope that guests arriving via gondola will be screened before they board and that only guests arriving via Friendship Boats or walking from the Epcot resort area will need to be screened at the IG. That would reduce the congestion at the IG, or at least not increase it since pedestrian and boat traffic is already screened there.

One can hope. That would make it much more convenient for BWV/BCV guests. It also effectively secures the gondolas and eliminates the dangerous congestion around the IG checkpoint that would ensue otherwise.

EDIT: Also, the BTGs will be forced through another security check if they want to disrupt my SAB experience. :woohoo:

Last edited:
I would guess that the DVC Riviera Resort will pay into the gondolas, but not BCV or BWV. I also would guess that they're going to restructure the International Gateway so that it can entertain a much bigger flow of guests every day.

I can see this whole operation being shut down every time there is a thunderstorm or even the threat of lightning.

This will absolutely effect park entry for guests staying at BCV/BWV. Possibly even create more foot traffic on the boardwalk.

I'm a bit skeptical at this point being a BWV and BCV owner.

You heard it here first, folks.

It will not be an issue!! :thumbsup2

For me and everyone else that welcomes some extra traffic into the area - looks forward to some new transportation ideas - and thinks of larger crowds as full of wonderful energy. Obviously it will be an issue for many of you. A given.

Last edited:
There's plenty already. I can go to the parks for crowds. I love to stroll the boardwalk without having to dodge too much. It's a great resort.

For you. And for many on here. :thumbsup2

As I have been saying there have been many a day where I have wished for larger crowds there, especially in the day and off season at night. A little more energy. To me a boardwalk is for that. But regardless I simply don't believe the addition of the gondolas are going to bring these huge, dodge worthy crowds. Time will tell.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter