Wild Women's Weekend~April 23-27, 2009!

Wild women's weekend~who's up for it?

• When do I start packing?

• Sounds good. I may be in.

• No, thanks.

• I'm a guy. Can I come in drag?

• I'm a guy & there's no way I'm checking the last option.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gentlemen, I think there is definately an uprising here. This could be worse than the Peacock and Otter problem ever thought of being. Can you just imagine the craziness this is going to cause. My worse fear is they're going to get Miss Sundee involved in the whole mess and end up forming some sort of traveling band cult type thing. God help us all and enjoy the fort before this event takes place because it might just not be there the next time you plan a trip. Oh and speaking of the Otter thing. I plan on trapping them next trip and haul every single one of them over to Sea World and feed them to Shamu. That'll solve the otter posts for good.

I'm probably in, since that will be my "on" time with an Annual Pass.
Same here! This next year without an AP is going to be hard to get through, but come 2009, I'll be more than ready for multiple trips! :banana:
Its a long drive for me to get to FW. Theres no way I'd want to pull the camper that far by myself. If I tried to back it into a site, I would end up clearing the whole loops of trees!!!!!:rotfl:
I do like the idea of a womens only meet.
I'm with you there. I'm a towing wimp so my husband does all the driving when we tow. I'm his co-pilot and his backing-in coach. I'd never attempt a trip to FW by myself.
My dh would kill me if I went on a vacation to WDW without him, but something about that does sound great..hehe...:rotfl:

There was a time when my husband would have let me go by myself but not since he was bitten by the Disney Bug. Now, it's not even an option. So, if I come, he would be coming with me to WDW, but not to any of the girl's only meets. We would be staying in one of the DVC resorts and I would be hanging out at FW with all of you. This really does sound like fun!

CottontailCurl and I have been dreaming and scheming about having a "Girl's weekend" at the Fort. What do you think?

I'm already packing! I'll most likely be coming in by train.

If anybody wants to fly in, (or doesn't have stuff) I've got a 13x13 L-Shaped tent, two 9x9 dome tents, a 6x6 dome tent, 4 EZ-Ups, a Wal-Mart 11x9 rainfly, a Port-a-Potty tent, air mattresses, chairs, linens, the works. I'd be happy to toss all that in the truck.

Wow!! I love that you'd do that. I'm all for sharing sites, too.

Camping? or Cabins?

If anyone's interested in staying in a cabin, the 2100 (cabin) loop is beside the 2000 (partial) loop, Mamaloya's 1500 and 1600 loops are a good combo too. The 2000 loop, might be better for the amount of space and less chance a Wild Women's Wrestling event won't disturb other campers. Although the lack of shrubbery and trees might be a privacy problem, I guess I'll have to go to Michael's and buy some fake trees.

My worse fear is they're going to get Miss Sundee involved in the whole mess and end up forming some sort of traveling band cult type thing.

I knew there was a reason Ms. Sundee is on my speed dial! We could have a private concert! We can close down a loop and pretend we are all camping in Prevosts!:lmao:

Same here! This next year without an AP is going to be hard to get through, but come 2009, I'll be more than ready for multiple trips! :banana:

I'm with you there. I'm a towing wimp so my husband does all the driving when we tow. I'm his co-pilot and his backing-in coach. I'd never attempt a trip to FW by myself.

There was a time when my husband would have let me go by myself but not since he was bitten by the Disney Bug. Now, it's not even an option. So, if I come, he would be coming with me to WDW, but not to any of the girl's only meets. We would be staying in one of the DVC resorts and I would be hanging out at FW with all of you. This really does sound like fun!

That's the ticket Jan!! Let the guys do the towin' and the backing in and toss them all in the DVC Villa, then we'll all party at Ft.W!!! (I am just funnin'):rolleyes1

I can tow, but I haven't mastered backing up yet, but then I can just disconnect and push mine in.

Ya'll need to stop all this....whatare ya'll gonna do when....(ummmm).....a big disney bear comes and.....(uuuhhh)......rips a hole in your tents????? Yeah, ya know that could happen!!! Ya'll cant just run off without the men!!!!.....Who's gonna........(hmmmmm).........protect you from those wild armadillos?? Those things can get viscious, ya know!!! Who's gonna............well,..........who's gonna do all the cooking and cleaning when ya'll are gone? Dont leave us, please.....We cant handle the whole house and all the kids with ya'll off rompin around the forrest. Whos' gonna wash the mens clothes??? Who's gonna get the kids ready for school???...This will be the demise and downfall of civilization as we know it. Im scared.
23_31_4.gif

I would be more than happy to come and open up my campsite as a Kungaloosh bar. What could be better - me surrounded by some lovely ladies enjoying a Kungaloosh or two.

This sounds like so much fun! We were just talking about getting APs, but I didn't know if we would be able to use them enough to get our money's worth. Now I have the perfect reason!!! I may not be able to come alone, but I would definately ship the fam off to something while I meet up with the DisWomen!!
15_9_27.gif

Well, YOU KNOW YOU CAN! I say ditch the boys and come on down! I also say ditch the camper and stay in a cabin!:woohoo:

The cabins sleep, what? 7? So even putting 5 in a cabin (with 2008 prices) it would be about $60 a night. If we get in touch with our "sleep over" days and get real cozy it would be even less!

Just thinking out loud, not hijacking the trip.

Please! At this point, we are brain storming. Any and all ideas are welcome!!!
It is a "women's weekend" after all. We don't have any alpha issues like the men do!:lmao:

Gentlemen, I think there is definately an uprising here. This could be worse than the Peacock and Otter problem ever thought of being. Can you just imagine the craziness this is going to cause. My worse fear is they're going to get Miss Sundee involved in the whole mess and end up forming some sort of traveling band cult type thing. God help us all and enjoy the fort before this event takes place because it might just not be there the next time you plan a trip.

Be afraid. Be very afraid! Good thing MrsGus has Miss Sundee on speed dial. MuuHaHaHa!

I'm already packing!

If anyone's interested in staying in a cabin, the 2100 (cabin) loop is beside the 2000 (partial) loop, Mamaloya's 1500 and 1600 loops are a good combo too. The 2000 loop, might be better for the amount of space and less chance a Wild Women's Wrestling event won't disturb other campers. Although the lack of shrubbery and trees might be a privacy problem, I guess I'll have to go to Michael's and buy some fake trees.

Is the 1100 a full, partial, or what? It is close to both the 2100 & 2000. Fake Trees?! You crack me up!:rotfl:

Ya'll need to stop all this....whatare ya'll gonna do when....(ummmm).....a big disney bear comes and.....(uuuhhh)......rips a hole in your tents????? Yeah, ya know that could happen!!! Ya'll cant just run off without the men!!!!.....Who's gonna........(hmmmmm).........protect you from those wild armadillos?? Those things can get viscious, ya know!!! Who's gonna............well,..........who's gonna do all the cooking and cleaning when ya'll are gone? Dont leave us, please.....We cant handle the whole house and all the kids with ya'll off rompin around the forrest. Whos' gonna wash the mens clothes??? Who's gonna get the kids ready for school???...This will be the demise and downfall of civilization as we know it. Im scared.
23_31_4.gif

So, can we expect Mrs BDR?

I would be more than happy to come and open up my campsite as a Kungaloosh bar. What could be better - me surrounded by some lovely ladies enjoying a Kungaloosh or two.

The ladies may need to take a vote on this; but if a man is there to provide a service, he may be permitted in the premises. :laughing:

This sounds like so much fun! We were just talking about getting APs, but I didn't know if we would be able to use them enough to get our money's worth. Now I have the perfect reason!!! I may not be able to come alone, but I would definately ship the fam off to something while I meet up with the DisWomen!!
15_9_27.gif

Is it true that APs are good one year from the date of first use? It isn't just a 2008 thing?

The weekend after Easter is April 17-19. Maybe we can plan a Thursday-Sunday? That would be April 16-19, 2009.

What do you think?:woohoo:

OK.......so I know I live the closest........and my hubby would be glad to be rid of me again......and it's not the first girls' weekend away I've done at the fort......I know there;s one more person that would be interested.....I'll bring the blenders and coolers.....beer....alcohol.....sounds like fun too me.....I think we should all book cabins, split the costs.....anyhow, as long as it's not under my name....I think I've been blacklisted at the front desk......lol......:cheer2:

We're already planning to come again next April because it's our family spring break tradition. I'll be there with the family...but would love to come hang with the ladies for while! :thumbsup2

OK.......so I know I live the closest........and my hubby would be glad to be rid of me again......and it's not the first girls' weekend away I've done at the fort......I know there;s one more person that would be interested.....I'll bring the blenders and coolers.....beer....alcohol.....sounds like fun too me.....I think we should all book cabins, split the costs.....anyhow, as long as it's not under my name....I think I've been blacklisted at the front desk......lol......:cheer2:

Blacklisted?! My goodness~what did you do?:laughing:

You can book your reservations now they just can't lock in your price yet...see my counter :banana:

Blacklisted?! My goodness~what did you do?:laughing:

I was there! It was a bad, bad thing!:lmao: Let's just say that Addie would not get a warm, welcomed "howdy" from a few of the front desk staff!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Let's just also assume that the reservation will have to be under my name.

Also, we need to follow up on Florida residents and annual passholder's discount. What we need is a pin number but I go so often they would never offer me a pin!:rotfl:

One more thing to add for Mrs. Bigdisneydaddy: Patti, you can stay with me, but you have to fly into Charleston and take the "big ride" down with me!:laughing:

I was there! It was a bad, bad thing!:lmao: Let's just say that Addie would not get a warm, welcomed "howdy" from a few of the front desk staff!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Let's just also assume that the reservation will have to be under my name.

Also, we need to follow up on Florida residents and annual passholder's discount. What we need is a pin number but I go so often they would never offer me a pin!:rotfl:

One more thing to add for Mrs. Bigdisneydaddy: Patti, you can stay with me, but you have to fly into Charleston and take the "big ride" down with me!:laughing:

This sounds like mischief. Thank God I have no significant other to participate in all this hoopla. I feel for all the men who have wives and what not that are going. I just no they'll never be the same when they return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter