Where do you stand on CRV?

Where do you stand CRV?

• WILL buy

• Will NOT buy

• Might buy if circumstances allow

• Might stay at CRV a few times, but no interest in owning at CRV

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have no interest whatsoever and I personally think the design will do to the MK what the Swan and Dolphin did to the BW and YC/BC area. Ruin the look.
I never saw BC, YC, and BW without the Swan/Dolphin and I think the look of the whole area is great. I think that the Swan and Dolphin are much more interesting looking than the CRV images that have been seen so far.

I also need some clarification on this walkway thing.

there has always been a walking path to CR from the MK.

a few years ago when they moved the buses to this area - Disney decided to make it a definitley path.

here is a map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/ContemporaryMap.pdf

the north parking deck goes to the road - that is where the path actually starts - although there are signs to it.

it is beside the buses coming in - on the right side.

now if you are talking about the connecting over walkway - that just connects the CRV (or whatever) to the CR at the 4th level which happens to be where the shops, restuarants and monrail is located.

sorry but I don't get. You say it was NOT parking there. So I don't know what else it could possible be.

My guess would be people booking stays at big times then selling them on Ebay for way high prices because it's on the monorail. :confused3 I haven't been reading threads about this, but I know this is something that annoys me to no end when I'm trying to book holiday stays.

I never saw BC, YC, and BW without the Swan/Dolphin and I think the look of the whole area is great. I think that the Swan and Dolphin are much more interesting looking than the CRV images that have been seen so far.

The buildings are beautiful in thier own right, but they are not reflective of the image of the neighborhood.

Kinda like it would be if someone came in and put in a high rise at Hilton Head. Of course unlike WDW that is never going to happen because they have strict building codes to prevent it.

They just over power everything and don't blend.

I think the new building at the Contemporary will over power the exisiting one and definitely over power the view of the MK.

Weren't the Swan and Dolphin built before the others? Or at least at close to the same time? With the bridge separating them, I think the whole area blends very well. Kind of like when you are in World Showcase and you look across the water to Spaceship Earth.

Weren't the Swan and Dolphin built before the others? Or at least at close to the same time? With the bridge separating them, I think the whole area blends very well. Kind of like when you are in World Showcase and you look across the water to Spaceship Earth.

The Yacht and Beach opened in 1990, the S/D shortly before. The BW in 96. However shortly after the Y/B opened there were already artist renderings of the BW and the fact that they were looking for continuation of theme from one resort to the another. Vintage Boardwalk around to Vintage Beach and Yacht and suddenly up popped art decor Swan and Dolphin.

Like I said beautiful buildings if they had only been built where they were suppose to, the Downtown Disney area.

No interest in buying. No interest in staying either unless they converted some of the tower rooms into DVC accomodations. I don't get the "it's a monorail resort" attraction when the rumored DVC portion would be replacing one of the "Garden Wing" sections of the resort. By the time you walked from the Garden Wing to the monorail, you could have walked to the MK, right? :confused3

I am in the wait and see category. It has not been announced and there are no details. If CRV was to be built and only had 150 rooms, I would be more inclined to buy. If the resort would have 450 rooms, I may just take my chance at the 7 month window. Its all too iffy right now.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 That is how I feel.

As someone who is 'probably' buying in dvc for the fist time next month..... CRV does interest me alot. Mostly because of location, length of term it'll probably be 50 yrs, and also im sure it will be very contemporary-which we like. Right now, we are thinking very hard on doing the AKV, but if we bought and within 1 month Disney announced CRV is set to buy, we will be major bummed.
It is frustrating at this point--thinking something should have been officially announced already-especially with the speed that construction is coming.

I think maybe this place in the heart separates those that would buy and those that wouldn't.

I don’t care for the outdated, convention atmosphere of the current Contemporary Resort. IMHO, I think the new CRV will leverage of all the positives the Contemporary has to offer (transportation, restaurants, indoor shopping, location..) while creating a completely new resort atmosphere.

I don't see myself buying because being close to the Magic Kingdom is not a big draw for me. However, I'm really looking forward to CRV being built.
Why? Because it would bring a lot of money into DVC. A DVC on the monorail would be HUGE for bringing people in. And also I think CRV would take a lot of the pressure off of getting reservations at BCV, BWV, and VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter