What time does Southwest open their flights?

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

I appreciate you letting me know!! I had adjusted my work schedule to book the flights!

I think I'll investigate other airlines, but with baggage fees included it seems to be too much more not to at least wait for Southwest to come out. We'll see!

I agree, I have been shopping other airlines consistently and have been waiting to see what southwest has to offer. My trip this Feb. I found out from these boards the morning southwest opened (back in april) and lucked out by getting pretty reasonable tickets. I will say....when I first saw them they were awesome. I ran out to my car to get my wallet (I don't bring it in to school/work) by the time I got back the flights already sold and went up in price!!

More stress than my ADR morning!!! Good Luck!

Just an FYI I just found out from another thread and confirming on Southwest website they changed the day to Feb. 15! I am also trying to find the time as I work early in the morning and need to plan my attack!!! So frustrating!!

I have booked my resort dates and Feb 15 is after my ADR day which puts me in a predicament as my husband was meeting us later and leaving earlier, I wanted to get good ADR's for when he is with us and cheap flights for his short stay....now who knows!!! At least the core group of 4 I can book with now worries...and hopefully cheap!! Why is mid. august so expensive from ISP (long island) at other airlines??

Based on past experience, I've found that they open up around 6am. I'll be online the morning of 2/15 also looking to book flights from/to ISP (even though I'm a 9-iron away from JFK). It's been awful the last couple of years, though. They have cut the number of ISP-MCO flights by 40-50%. We'll be flying back home Labor day weekend. They sometimes initially do not even release any Wanna Get Away fares for those dates like that (same goes for other popular weekends like the one's surrounding President's week). We've actually ended up booking in/out of Philly multiple times as the savings on the flights were $200-$300 per person (very significant for a family of 4). We may spend about $200 on long-term parking plus gas/tolls, but if we're saving approx $1000 on the airfare, it's worth it (and it's really only an extra hour of driving - 2 hours to PHL vs. 1 hour to ISP). Still, ISP is always the first choice as it's so quick and easy (plus I have a lot of family very close to the airport who we can leave our car with).

Based on past experience, I've found that they open up around 6am. I'll be online the morning of 2/15 also looking to book flights from/to ISP (even though I'm a 9-iron away from JFK). It's been awful the last couple of years, though. They have cut the number of ISP-MCO flights by 40-50%. We'll be flying back home Labor day weekend. They sometimes initially do not even release any Wanna Get Away fares for those dates like that (same goes for other popular weekends like the one's surrounding President's week). We've actually ended up booking in/out of Philly multiple times as the savings on the flights were $200-$300 per person (very significant for a family of 4). We may spend about $200 on long-term parking plus gas/tolls, but if we're saving approx $1000 on the airfare, it's worth it (and it's really only an extra hour of driving - 2 hours to PHL vs. 1 hour to ISP). Still, ISP is always the first choice as it's so quick and easy (plus I have a lot of family very close to the airport who we can leave our car with).

(I live right outside of the Philadelphia airport)

I actually just booked AA, both direct for the same cost as SW last year (including baggage fees)!!

I don't understand the decline in flights (but especially direct flights) from our part of the country to FL! But regardless, I think I'll stick with what I have.

To reflect an earlier post, I was told if you wait with SW the fares can skyrocket. So I went ahead and booked today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter