What time does Southwest open their flights?

lionqueen

Mouseketeer
I've seen on the southwest website that they are opening more flights on January 22. The last time I was looking for airfare on southwest (about 2 years ago) it was common knowledge that they usually released flights on a Tuesday somewhere between 9-10 am. The 22nd is a Sunday so obviously things have changed a little. Is there a set time for when the flights will be released? 6 am? 8am? 10 am? any help would be appreciated

It's a mystery at this point. As you note, for some time it was common for them to open their flights at 10:00 a.m. CT on the release date, but for most of the past couple of years it has been much earlier; closer to 5:00 a.m. or 5:30 a.m. CT. However, on the last release date they came out later again. As a result, my best advice is to start trying as soon as you can and keep trying until it works (and be prepared for the new dates to appear and disappear several times before you finally can book).

In October, they released flights for Spring, which included our May flights. This was done between 5-5:30am central. They stayed at $153 for 3 months until last week when they dropped by $50 each way per person.

decisions,decisions.....to buy right away or wait....i guess at least you get a credit

For the last few years the schedule was released some time after 6am Eastern time. You might be able to book within minutes of 6am or it might be closer to 6:20am Eastern time, it just depends on how long it takes them to load the schedule data.

I wonder when their December flights will be released?
There is a schedule extension tomorrow (Feb 19). Once the extension goes live they will update the information for the next extension. So check Southwest's website tomorrow in the late morning and see if the next extension will include your dates.

Go to southwest's website. On their home page, click on Flight (top of the page, over on the right). In the menu that comes up, in the "Flight" column, click on "Flight Schedules". The schedule announcements are posted there.

Anyone online refreshing and refreshing and refreshing like me? lol
Yes! They have already updated the date for the next schedule release (on May 14, 2015 they will open the schedule through Jan 16, 2016) so this schedule release should happen soon I hope!

Yep, me, lol! And, I don't even get to take the trip to WDW, it's for my DD24 and her BF! But, I also saw it says May 14th for the next time for the rest of the year to open and then I can book my trip with DD24 for Dec!

I have been keeping up with the website bc I need to book a flight in nov during jersey week. Last night it said on 2/19 the flight schedule would be opening up through October 30. I went on today and it now says on May 14, they will open the schedule for sale through January 4. However, when I tried to look at ticket prices for Oct, it wasn't available. I could only go up to Aug. Does that mean they haven't released those flights yet?

The calendar on that same page only allowed me to look up flights through August. So confused.

I'm so excited... booked 4 flights from Buffalo to MCO end of August for $99 each way! $784 total... couldn't be happier!

I got the same price out of Buffalo as well. Couldn't be happier! Makes the lower Canadian Dollar much easier to handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter