What time does Southwest open their flights?

ME too!!!! I just booked from Buf to MCO $99 one way and $115 the other! I am so excited!! Jetblue was so much more expensive for the same dates and only one direct flight per day. Sorry Jetblue, but I think we are done with you!
Hey, that rhymed, I'm a poet and I don't know it! LOL

ME too!!!! I just booked from Buf to MCO $99 one way and $115 the other! I am so excited!! Jetblue was so much more expensive for the same dates and only one direct flight per day. Sorry Jetblue, but I think we are done with you!
Us too! Just got four tickets round trip $115 to Orlando and $99 return to Buffalo! So happy ... Still about $1200 ish with the exchange, but I'm happy! It was worth getting up a bit early for these prices!

Last edited:
Got them but darn it, you guys all got better rates! Chicago Midway to Orlando, $135 down, $148 back, though I used their rewards points. Lowest ones available the days they are traveling, but hopefully something will go on sale between now and then, then they can just get back points which is much easier than having to use a cash credit at some time. Good luck to all for low fares!

There were only 2 non-stop flights out of Buffalo / return to Orlando. We took early flight to Orlando and late flight return to Buffalo. I was surprised that they were only offering 2 non-stop flights each way (at least on the days I looked at). We were hoping for mid-afternoon flights (but happy with price we paid). Might open up more?

Got them but darn it, you guys all got better rates! $135 down, $148 back, though I used their SW visa points. Lowest ones available the days they are traveling, but hopefully something will go on sail between now and then, then they can just get back points which is much easier than having to use a cash credit at some time. Good luck to all for low fares!

Where are you flying from?

And never mind! Now it is open thru Oct 30th

Do any experienced flyers believe my best bet for cheapest fares during Jersey week (Flying out of Philly) is the first day of release?

There were only 2 non-stop flights out of Buffalo / return to Orlando. We took early flight to Orlando and late flight return to Buffalo. I was surprised that they were only offering 2 non-stop flights each way (at least on the days I looked at). We were hoping for mid-afternoon flights (but happy with price we paid). Might open up more?

That's exactly what we did. I agree an afternoon direct flight would be nice, but it's still better than Jetblue's schedule. We had thought with this exchange rate we would have to book with Allegiant out of Niagara Falls. We've flown with them once, and it was fine. But I worry that they only have one flight a day, and only on certain days of the week. We would be screwed if we couldn't get home on the date we needed. I am relieved now!

And never mind! Now it is open thru Oct 30th

Do any experienced flyers believe my best bet for cheapest fares during Jersey week (Flying out of Philly) is the first day of release?

I think you are best to book now. Seat sales do happen, but I find not for the more desirable dates. Good luck!!

So glad I checked this thread! Just booked nonstop flights for me and dd for under $500. I'll take it :)

That's exactly what we did. I agree an afternoon direct flight would be nice, but it's still better than Jetblue's schedule. We had thought with this exchange rate we would have to book with Allegiant out of Niagara Falls. We've flown with them once, and it was fine. But I worry that they only have one flight a day, and only on certain days of the week. We would be screwed if we couldn't get home on the date we needed. I am relieved now!
Yes, we like JetBlue but their prices were so high, especially adding the exchange. It's actually the first time I've booked my own flights. Usually we go through our TA but by the time her office opens up, the flights have gone up $20-$30 PP! It was a lot easier than I realized:-) I have my confirmation number. Do I need to print anything right now or just wait until the 24 hour mark and then log in to see the boarding number I've been assigned? (BTW we booked Early Bird Check-In just because we really want to sit together).

WE got ok flights in August for hubby and me $115, but DD was $179! (she is sunday , us a thursday.)

Since people often ask what time Southwest releases their flight schedule, I wanted to note the time this time around. I was able to book at 6:15 am Eastern time (on Thurs Feb 19, 2015 -- want to note the date too since this is an old thread from 2012 that got bumped up yesterday!)

Did anyone get in any earlier than that?

Last edited:
Update was at 6:15 this morning for me as well. I was hoping for $500 round trip for DD and I in early Oct, flying in on a Saturday and returning on a Friday. Total came to $526.40. That's flying out of Louisville direct to MCO. Really wanted an early a.m. flight down and late pm flight back, so we could get some park time on arrival and departure days, but there was only one non stop flight down, which leaves at 2pm and arrives at 4pm, and one retun flight departing MCO at 12:25 pm. Booked one way down and back (it was the same price as round trip) and will keep an eye out for any price adjustment over the next 8 months. Hope everyone gets a great price on their fall flights this morning. :goodvibes

Since people often ask what time Southwest releases their flight schedule, I wanted to note the time this time around. I was able to book at 6:15 am Eastern time (on Thurs Feb 19, 2015 -- want to note the date too since this is an old thread from 2012 that got bumped up yesterday!)

Did anyone get in any earlier than that?
I was up at 6:00am trying to get in. I kept refreshing / checking and probably got in about 6:15am too. It was worth it for decent flight prices :-)
$115 /pp from Buf to MCO on a Tuesday and $99 /pp on a Wednesday return flight.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter