What time does Southwest open their flights?

Since people often ask what time Southwest releases their flight schedule, I wanted to note the time this time around. I was able to book at 6:15 am Eastern time (on Thurs Feb 19, 2015 -- want to note the date too since this is an old thread from 2012 that got bumped up yesterday!)

Did anyone get in any earlier than that?

I booked at 6:15, as well. $115 per person each way from BWI to MCO in early September.

Started to get frustrated with Southwest. They keep cutting back flights in and out of ISP. Was able to get $115 for an early flight going down, but for the return flights, they only had 2 departures - at lousy times and they opened at $185 & $234 (which is up to $275 now).

It opened at about 6:15 am for us too. Our flights are all booked now for our 8/20-9/01 trip. We are flying ALB to MCO and got $120 each for the early nonstop flight down and $124 for the late nonstop flight back. The return flight is now up to $144 each.

Now to just wait for November dates to open up and I can hopefully get my Thanksgiving trip booked!

In less than an hour my flight just jumped $23

I guess that answers my question! I was going to ask if it is necessary to book my flight as soon as the window opens up. I guess I am getting into work a little late on May 14th! (Or whenever the next window opens.

I didn't even realize this thread was from two years ago!! :P

Returning to this old thread......

Anyone know when the new round of Southwest Flights might get released. They say today, but not when.....

I am sitting at work getting frustrated with this - it is usually earlier than this. I hope they open soon!

They still haven't opened up the next round. I have to leave for work at 8:45.

They did change the message on the travel tools section that says the dates are now open through April.

They have my dates open (March 27-April 3) but very expensive! I am getting $380 each way for wanna get away!! I know it's Easter, but I hope it settles down soon! I can do better on American but I would have fees....may have to pull that trigger today!
Daisyx3

Dates are up now....any OMG I can't afford it. The fair is double what I paid for March last year.

I keep checking. I can get the 3 of us down there for $1375 (plus baggage fees) on American. At the prices SW is showing a SW flight would cost me $2304. I am going to wait a couple of hours and if nothing changes go ahead and book American.
Daisyx3

Prices have already gone up for my dates. I have booked my flight to MCO but I'm going to wait and see what things look like when I come home from work later. I might even cancel what I just booked. :guilty:

Ours opened but only a few flights (the nonstop ones) were open my days and only wanna get away for some reason tho that is what I wanted. Cost $830 round trip around Easter flying from Columbus. Pretty close to what I paid for our thanksgiving trip

I know its an old thread... but for Southwest flights for my applicable trip in August 2018 open on February 8th. Anyone know about what time they open up now. I am on the East coast.

I know its an old thread... but for Southwest flights for my applicable trip in August 2018 open on February 8th. Anyone know about what time they open up now. I am on the East coast.
It is generally in the morning. Some say 7:00, but in my experience it has been pretty random. Usually it is before 7:00.

Just an FYI I just found out from another thread and confirming on Southwest website they changed the day to Feb. 15! I am also trying to find the time as I work early in the morning and need to plan my attack!!! So frustrating!!

I have booked my resort dates and Feb 15 is after my ADR day which puts me in a predicament as my husband was meeting us later and leaving earlier, I wanted to get good ADR's for when he is with us and cheap flights for his short stay....now who knows!!! At least the core group of 4 I can book with now worries...and hopefully cheap!! Why is mid. august so expensive from ISP (long island) at other airlines??

Just an FYI I just found out from another thread and confirming on Southwest website they changed the day to Feb. 15! I am also trying to find the time as I work early in the morning and need to plan my attack!!! So frustrating!!

I have booked my resort dates and Feb 15 is after my ADR day which puts me in a predicament as my husband was meeting us later and leaving earlier, I wanted to get good ADR's for when he is with us and cheap flights for his short stay....now who knows!!! At least the core group of 4 I can book with now worries...and hopefully cheap!! Why is mid. august so expensive from ISP (long island) at other airlines??

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

I appreciate you letting me know!! I had adjusted my work schedule to book the flights!

I think I'll investigate other airlines, but with baggage fees included it seems to be too much more not to at least wait for Southwest to come out. We'll see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter