What is your favorite Disney Vacation Club Resort?

Oh my gosh, that is so hard to decide. I love them all for different reasons. I guess I love SSR the most. It's like home to us. Then, maybe OKW. Then the BWV. Then VWL and then AKV. I haven't stayed at BLT or BCV yet...but I will!:thumbsup2

Such a complicated question! Different resorts at different times for different reasons.

We love AKV for its serenity, enjoying the views, theming and ambiance. We really enjoyed our stay there, just not Boma like everyone else.

I love BLT as a resort. We love the pool, the slide is great for younger kids and they have life jackets available. We love all the action and to do's at the CR (multiple restaurants and activities/marina). And importantly, we love the convenience of the MK and having a 5 minute walk to bus anywhere on property. It really makes dining reservations easy without a car when you can walk to the MK bus stop and essentially bus resort to resort from the CR. We also really like the 1 and 2BR at BLT. The studio is a bit tough for more than 2, but the 1BR up is so spacious in the LR we loved the layout and all.

We all love BWV for location. Easy access to two parks (we always walk to Epcot and usually DHS). Epcot is our favorite park, so being close is nice.

If we have a rental car, we love OKW. It just has a nice relaxed feel, you can park right out front, it's a great value for the points and the room size is exceptional.

So, no heads and above favorite, different favorites for different reasons. If I had to force rank:

1) BLT
2) AKV (this would really by my wife's #1 and BLT her #2)
3) BWV (probably my #2 in reality, but in a tie with AKV)
4) OKW
5) SSR
-) VWL - Have not stayed
-) BCV - Have not stayed

Haven't stayed at any off site properties from WDW, so couldn't say on HH, VB, VGC or Aulani either. Some day we need to do Vero as part of our FL trip.

BWV, for its location and theming. I love the view from BW view rooms (I bought extra points to 'afford' the view), I love the feel of the resort, and I love having two theme parks and four resorts within walking distance. :)

My first thru 10 choices would be BWV as that is my home resort and I fell deeply in love the moment I walked in 11 years ago . I never stay anywhere else if I don't have to. unfortunaltely it is so popular that any last minute trips can never be there so here goes on the rest.

1 BWV

2 BCV only due to location, otherwise feel like the add on feel to the beach club and no views detracts from its appeal. Pool is okay but find it a real hassle to go from place to place around it.

3 OKW if i have to stay in the boonies I like to have space and the villas there are very spacious. Do not care for the theme of the decorations too much. I really like the boat ride to DTD and Olivia's for leisurely breakfast,

4 AKV love watching the animals but the rooms are dark and unless you stay in something other than a studio it gets depressing. I own here too and wish i didn't.

5 SSR furnishings are nice, but living room in 2 bedroom unit felt cramped. Okay for can't get anything else trip

Have not stayed at BLT and will probably never try and book it. I think the views are incredible but it is such a cold looking resort that it doesn't appeal to me visually . I do not have little ones so rarely need to visit MK more than once during a trip if that. I'm an Epcot kinda gal.

VWL hate the dark decor and cramped space. I used to think i would love staying at the lodge itself as it is gorgeous but after seeing the rooms..too small for me. Too hard to get to my favorite park Epcot

Luckily eveyone has vastly different tastes and disney was clever enough to appeal to all of them. I will definitely want to stay at the GFV when they are done as that is more my taste.

I have to break it down by categories and not just an overall resort ranking. This list is for our current vacation habits and will surely change as everyone gets older and our travel party gets smaller (or larger!).

Rooms: #1 AKV Kidani Village due to the 3rd bathroom in the 2BR villa #2 OKW 2BR for the huge living area and the full size table and chairs to dine at.

Location: #1 BCV close to Epcot and DHS #2 BWV close to DHS and Epcot
#3 SSR close to DTD.

Relaxation: #1 SSR nice rooms in apartment style buildings and nice paths around the resort. #2 OKW again nice rooms in apartment style buildings

Couples Only Doing Parks: #1 Tie BCV or BWV since we like Epcot and DHS the most.

Couple Only NO or LITTLE PARKS: #1 SSR #2 OKW

One note to make is that we have not been to VWL or BLT. Also LOVE the under building parking at AKV. Since we drive it keeps our vehicle from heating up like crazy from the sunshine. We normally do one trip per year for 9 to 11 nights and have the six of us. I know this will change due to kids not being able to go OR getting married and having more go! We'll deal with that when it happens.

Smart way of doing it. I would add BLT if you have young children. No bus hassles after wishes. Nice break in the day to/from MK. When it is just DW and I we love doing a split stay between BW or BC and SSR or OKW.

We have only been members since 2009, but have stayed at four resorts, several more than once (AKV-Jambo and BWV). We own at BLT and BWV. Our favorite resorts that we've stayed, in order, are:

1. BCV (love SAB, Beaches and Cream, overall resort theme, and walking distance to EPCOT/boat to HS)
2. BWV (convenience of being near Boardwalk activities/restaurants, "standard view" points, and walking distance to EPCOT/boat to HS)
3. BLT (monorail service to MK resorts and walking distance to MK)
4. AKV-Jambo (Jambo pool and overall resort theme)

We look forward to staying at all the resorts, in time. We have also decided to purchase at BCV since we love it so much!

1. BWV - too many reasons to count

Awwww, c'mon - let's count some !

1.) The convenience of being on your balcony and being able to reach into the fridge for a cold one.

2.) It is the healthiest resort ! You burn sooo many calories walking the long hallways. Doesn't one of the exit doors open into the tower of Terror queue line ? ;)

3.) The Clown pool. Read Stephen King's novel IT, then think of the clown pool. 'Nuff Said ... or better yet, try NOT to think of the clown pool.

I attribute the above humor to memories of comments from Richyams - we miss you , my friend.

In all seriousness I have stayed at BWV several times and enjoyed my stays each time. My preferred resorts are the same ones that we own - AKV and OKW.

I just signed my contract today and faxed it back on a BLT resale purchase. It is very interesting to read everyones favorites and the reasons behind it. It makes me feel even better about purchasing. We decided on BLT because we have small children and the Magic kingdom is where we spend most of our time. But we also enjoyed SSR when we were there. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in your vacation. After reading this, I can see booking each of these resorts for various reasons in the future. I'm a little curious to peak 30 years into the future to see what happens with the 2042 end dates and if I will be limited to AKV, BLT, or SSR at that time.

When it's just me and my husband we love SSR. We stay at Congress Park and lay by the pool all day, no parks. Walk to DTD, you just can't beat it. I love the people who don't like it cause it saves room for me. :)

When it's the whole family you can't beat a GV at OKW. I love the size of the rooms but wish they had a real food court or something.

Of course my husband would vote for VB everytime!

We are a family of 5 and have been visiting almost yearly since 2006 (when we became members). The kids were 3, 5, and 7 during our first visit. This year the kids will be 10, 12, and 14! Nothing like "growing up with Disney". Our choices for our favorites are:

Kids:
1.) BLT - hands down!
2.) AKV
3.) BCV
4.) BWV
5.) OKW
6.) VB
7.) VWL (we do not want to stay here again - dark and gloomy - boring pool -but the DH liked the location)

Me: (I go for "resort feel" more than anything else)
1.) AKV - loved it! Beautiful rooms, views, pools, bus ride was long but we drive so we have that option : )
2.) BCV - love the feel of the beach, SAB, close to Epcot, close to Boardwalk
3.) BLT
4.) BWV
5.) VB
6.) OKW
7.) VWL (Yuck)

We have not stayed at SSR or HH or Hawaii

Smart way of doing it. I would add BLT if you have young children. No bus hassles after wishes. Nice break in the day to/from MK. When it is just DW and I we love doing a split stay between BW or BC and SSR or OKW.

Our youngest is 18 oldest 25 so no small kids anymore, yet. When grandkids come along then BLT will enter the mix I am sure!

I'd have to go between OKW and BWV. OKW for the tropical, relaxed atmosphere, the large balconies and nice views, and the easy boat access to DTD; and then BWV for it's location, easy access to two parks, the fun evening entertainment on the Boardwalk, including both the free entertainers (led by Brian the magician in my opinion) and the three bars (led by Jellyrolls, again, in my opinion).

Which would I choose, push come to shove? It depends on the time of year and who I was with (kids vs spouse vs golf buddies). Neither is a bad chice, nor are, I'm sure, any of the others. We haven't stayed at all, but have at the two above plus BCV, VB and HHI.

My favorite is KV. I love coming back at night and seeing it all lit up. The animals you see while walking or eating at Sanaa. Only 1 bus stop..

My next favorite is HH just a great place to spend with the family!

My next is VB. just a great time there. Beautiful view if you get an inn room. The food is good the best slide and pool and a mini golf too . Close to Port Canaveral too.

We've stayed at AKV, BWV, BCV, VWL, and SSR (haven't tried BLT, OKW, or any of the non WDW resorts.) We've liked all the ones we've stayed at so far, and would stay at any of them again. We also love the GF, and were delighted when they announced GFV, and we plan to buy there.

For me
BCV
BWV
AKV
VWL
big gap, and then SSR. I don't hate it, I'm willing to stay there, and I find things to like about it when we're there

For DH
BWV
AKV
VWL
BCV
SSR
Honestly, he's almost equally happy with any of the resorts. He really likes BLT (we've visited friends' rooms), but we haven't had luck booking it at the 7 month point so far. We were considering buying points there, but I am not a fan of the decor, and the reports we've heard of rooms not wearing well have made us nervous. We were both glad when GFV were announced, and that will be the MK resort we purchase.

How DS (age 6) would answer this -

AKV
AKV - no, I really want to go to AKV
AKV - why can't we stay at AKV?
AKV - but it's my favorite, can we at least go visit?
BCV - Stormalong Bay is cool
VWL - it's sort of like AKV, but without the animals
BWV -the boardwalk entertainers are fun, but do we really have to walk to DHS again?
SSR - only if we can walk to the Lego store and TRex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter