What is your favorite Disney Vacation Club Resort?

Warren W

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite Disney's Vacation Club Resort in Walt Disney World? I know that the Grand Californian in Disneyland, CA is great to! Out of the DVC Resorts in Disney World, FL, which is your favorite? I've stayed at all of them and have a hard time choosing a favorite! My faves would have have to be Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club Villas, and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge! :-)

What is your favorite Disney's Vacation Club Resort in Walt Disney World? I know that the Grand Californian in Disneyland, CA is great to! Out of the DVC Resorts in Disney World, FL, which is your favorite? I've stayed at all of them and have a hard time choosing a favorite! My faves would have have to be Bay Lake Tower, Beach Club Villas, and the Villas at Wilderness Lodge! :-)

Mine has to be Boardwalk Villas mainly for location.

These are the ones, at WDW, we've stayed at so far...in order of fave to least fave:
1- BWV (can walk to Epcot and HS and the BW area is really nice)
2- OKW (for size and layout of the villas and for point saving)
3- VWL (for quiet serenity)
4- SSR (will never stay here again...it's far out like OKW, but OKW has SSR beat in the size and layout of the villas and saves some points as well, so we will always pick OKW over SSR and OKW is our home resort).

We stayed at the Contemporary and LOVED it, so I know we would like BLT. We will always try to book BCV, BWV or BLT to be able to get into Epcot easily (walk, boat or monorail as the busses suck) because that is where our family spends the most time. If we need to save points or can't get into one of the B resorts, we will stay at OKW (may try AKV at some point as well...my inlaws say those have larger sized villas too).

Non-WDW- HHI is also awesome!!

They all have something special but I'd have to say AKV @ Kidani. The rooms are beautiful and you can't beat watching the animals in the morning. We're going to try to stay at BLT and BCV this summer so maybe I'll change my mind!

Although boardwalk view at BWV was pretty spectacular too!!

We haven't stayed at all of the DVC resorts yet. Here's how I would rate the ones we've stayed at to date.

1. BLT
2. AKV
3. VWL
4. HHI
5. BWV
6. OKW

As you can see opinions will very widely.

Our current favorite is Bay Lake Tower due to the convenience of location to the Magic Kingdom and monorail access. We have an infant and a 4 year old so these two factors are very important at this time. As our children get older, we may have a different favorite resort. Bay Lake Tower is only a couple of years old and already showing major problems with room furnishings falling apart and appliances failing so I can only imagine what things will look like in 20 or 30 years. :scared1: Below is a list of our top 3 picks:
1- Bay Lake Tower
2- Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
3- Beach Club Villas

We haven't stayed at the Beach Club, Wilderness, or Baordwalk yet but this is how my list (which is different from DH's) stacks up:

1. BLT
2. AKV - Kidani
3. OKW
4. SSR
5. AKV- Jambo

DH's list:
1. BLT
2. SSR
3. AKV- Kidani
4. AKV- Jambo
5. OKW

Since there are always just the 2 of us in a studio we prefer not having the 2nd bed in most cases plus we have had no tub all but 2 times we stayed at OKW.

1. OKW by a big margin!
2. AKV-Kidani
3. AKV-Jambo
4. BCV
5. SSR
6. VWL
7. BWV
8. BLT

For us:
1.) OKW ( love the space and the feel of the resort)
2.) BCV (location,location,location)

1. OKW, Park outside room, quiet and peacefull..Ahhh
2. AKV-Jambo, best lobby, great food-Boma/Jiko, and best GV's of them all!
3. VWL, love the lobby and close to Fort Wilderness
4. AKV-Kidani, great sized rooms, best size next to OKW.
5. BCV, great pool slide
6. THV, quiet, isolated, need car, love the unit itself
7. BLT, great views of lake, esp the high rooms, watch boats come out from serivce area in am
8. BWV, for us there is nothing special about this place, maybe lobby?

Never stayed; SSR, HHI, and maybe VB this November

We also love GCV but you asked about WDW, if added GCV, would be up about 3-4.

We have come to realize that F&W produce's full parks so we will now probably choose to not be there during that event.:confused3

Moe

DVC resorts are just like potato chips... you can't just have one! :thumbsup2

Right now, I would have to pick BLT for views, monorail and location.

I'm surprised at the SSR hate from some. I thoroughly enjoy our stay there (as non members) The place is HUGE and had tons of stuff for the kids to do. The pool were great, ALL 3 of them, and our family had a blast. We are waiting to hear back on our offer for BLT so obviously that is our favorite. I can't wait to visit Boardwalk and Beach Club. I hope to someday visit AKV but with my wife's distasted for Animal Kingdom park, and the far distance to the MK and Epcot, I don't envision us staying there anytime soon. But OKW is definitely a possible frequent park due to the low points requirements. I do envision my wife taking the kids for a short trip every few years without me due my travel time restrictions :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter