What is your favorite Disney Vacation Club Resort?

I just signed my contract today and faxed it back on a BLT resale purchase. It is very interesting to read everyones favorites and the reasons behind it. It makes me feel even better about purchasing. We decided on BLT because we have small children and the Magic kingdom is where we spend most of our time. But we also enjoyed SSR when we were there. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in your vacation. After reading this, I can see booking each of these resorts for various reasons in the future. I'm a little curious to peak 30 years into the future to see what happens with the 2042 end dates and if I will be limited to AKV, BLT, or SSR at that time.

Remember OKW offered a 15 year extension, so they will be there also!!! We have stayed at OKW, BWV, BCV and SSR. Also stayed at VB and HH. What time of the year we go determines which one we stay at. Love them all, love the many choices DVC has for us!!! Now we need to try AKV, BLT, VWL, and the GFV someday and also Aulani or GCV.

Aulani by far! It truly was a tropical paradise. I found that while it was a distance from Waikiki, it was still central to any attractions on the island.

It's so nice to read everyone's responses and the reasons why each are great! I haven't stayed at all of them yet as we just joined in 2012.

AK I found was nice, but it was a far walk to the action and a far drive to everything else.

GF- staying here next March and can't wait!

BWV- Loved the charm and location.

BCV- looking forward to trying this one out especially for the pirate ship water area

BLT- love this one so far as the decor is modern and more up my alley. I like the layout of the 1 bed room. The Studio was ok. I like being able to walk to MK, the amenities in Contemporary are great, Love to watch Wishes from the lounge, and being monorail accessible to Epcot.

Marianne

Definitely Wilderness Lodge. I love how the resort feels "small" and very peaceful. Love taking the boat to MK. Bus service is good. Not a fan of WC thought (not a big meat eater).

I am looking forward to Poly DVC though

Izze

It's like ice cream, everyone has their favorite flavor.
DW and I can be happy at any of them.

1) BLT
2) BCV
3) AKV
4) BWV
5) OKW
6) SSR

Looking forward to trying VGF, VB, and HHI in the coming months.

So far, we have never had a car, which is shown in our resort preferences. We like to be close to a park.

I'm really not a Pollyanna but we've enjoyed all the resorts we've stayed at. We're at Disney, what's not to love? ;)

We love the GCV because they're at Disneyland. Being steps away from DCA is amazing. The Hearthstone Lounge is perfect after a long park day.

Love AKV because of the theme and animals. A villa with savannah view is killer.

OKW has such an awesome laid back vibe. Bright colors, cool pool, and Olivia's is so good. Their GV fit 10 of us with more than enough room.

SSR has the THV and the proximity to DTD rocks! The grounds are gorgeous and it's our home resort.

1. Grand Floridian villas
2. Boardwalk villas
3. Beach Club villas
4. Bay Lake Tower
5. Wilderness Lodge Villas
Haven't stayed at OKW or AKV.

Hello everyone!
For us is
1. AKV Kidani
2.BLT
3.BW

AKL is a little bit far away from all attractions but the resort itself is a theme park, the pools for the kids and waking up in the morning and having a nice cup of coffee watching the animals is just great.

I have stayed at all of the WDW DVC resorts except BLT, BCV, and VGF. I will be staying at BLT this October, but I doubt it will be one of my faves. It's just not my style; we are just staying there a couple of nights for the location.

My favorites are--
1. AKV!!!!!!!!!
2. OKW

The rest I would put in this order--
3. VWL
4. BWV
5. SSR

Of course if I could add a non-WDW resort, HHI would be the top of my list!

My two favorites are AKV and OKW also but in reverse order. Not all family members agree though. Both for different reasons. I like BLT just because it is right next to the magic.

A good day at my least favorite DVC resort beats ANY day at work!!!

So, can I choose ALL of them as my favorite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter