What is your Disney shameful secret?

Nice zombie thread
I might have already posted this in this thread, but my shameful secret is I have ridden both Superstar Limo and Rocket Rods.

I didn't like The Great Movie Ride either. And I'm a huge fan of classic Hollywood. I thought it flat and without imagination. Went once and do not miss it in the least.

Bringing in all these IPs has diluted the pure Disney experience which I knew as a boy and it was tremendous. But who can I say it to? The people who love this stuff would be furious.

For those who are down on Dole Whip try it with the rum. It's quite something. Very expensive but worth having once.

Have not been able to get over the loss of Toad, 20,000 Leagues and SWSA. They were such an essential part of the Magic Kingdom and the heart of Fantasy Land. It's why people say it's better in Disneyland. I mean really I haven't gotten over it. Which is why I can't admit it to anybody. People would be get a life!

It's not the kid meltdowns that botehr me, it's the ADULTS! I've seen it. It's ugly.
I have unfortunately been one of these adult meltdowns. I funded a family trip, helped with the grandkids the whole trip and ended up getting sick and tired of hearing DIL complain about everything!!(she had never been out of the state let alone to WDW. Thought she would act better) I kinda lost it. The ungrateful little brat got an earful that day right outside of star tours. Not one of my proudest moments

I have unfortunately been one of these adult meltdowns. I funded a family trip, helped with the grandkids the whole trip and ended up getting sick and tired of hearing DIL complain about everything!!(she had never been out of the state let alone to WDW. Thought she would act better) I kinda lost it. The ungrateful little brat got an earful that day right outside of star tours. Not one of my proudest moments

Well, it happens. Sounds justified. :)

Oof, I definitely had one trip when I had the meltdown as well. I planned a full trip for me, DH, and his mother, sister, niece and nephew. My way of doing Disney is to plan everything in advance so I don't have to worry when we get to the parks. His family likes to do things more on the fly. I made it clear that I have a plan (which I got everyone's input on beforehand, up pdating DH & getting his buy-in every step of the way) but if people want to do something else that's fine, it's just not my responsibility.

Well DH decided he wanted to go off plan BUT also wanted my help to make adjustments on the fly (what restaurant can we get chicken nuggets at for the kids? Where is the best coffee in EPCOT? Can we change our FP+ to a different time? What order are the stops on the monorail?). And I was like "Nope, you can do all that yourself easily through the app." (Note: my in-laws are lovely and laid-back, my husband was the one poking me for info).

DH pulled me aside because he could see I was not pleased and said something like "well you just know more about the parks" and while I didn't yell, I definitely started crying and shot back that I'd been discussing this vacation with him for the last 3 months and it wasn't my fault he wasn't paying attention and decided to do zero research; he just got to show up and enjoy a great vacation that I did all the research and work for. He did apologize and we took some time to ourselves to cool off and the rest of the vacation was fine. But man, I was soooooo pissed lol

I went once when I was sick with a bad cold. Not my best trip. I was miserable to everyone & I mean arm-crossing, foot-stomping, teeth-sucking crabby. Yikes

I donn't like to stand in a crowd to watch a parade. I prefer to watch fireworks from afar, or even on television.
I will work for Mickey Bars.
I was horrified once to see (on Main Street) dozens of people STEP OVER a stroller w/ a baby in it after the fireworks so they could get to the exits faster. I don't even like babies & I was LIVID. I jumped up, ran across Main Street & began directing traffic around the stroller. The mother was in tears & the rest of the family was off buying popcorn or something. I love the fireworks but that was one scary scene.

We try to count the number of "Disney Meltdowns" each day in the parks. A meltdown is counted if a kid is: 1. laying/sitting on the ground and refuses to get up or 2. crying too hard to speak.

Disney World is also one of the best places to eavesdrop on people. My favorite thing we've overheard a parent say to their kid is "I just want you to put on some socks before we go to the bathroom, is that too much to ask?"

We're not parents yet but we don't judge--Disney is a lot for kids to handle, especially young ones!
Many years ago, someone posted that he overheard, "We're at Disney World -- this is HAPPY time!! Not B*TCHY TIME!!!!" That was a dad at the end of his rope.

You could probably get trashed pretty quickly if you started a drinking game where are you had to drink every time you overheard one person telling another that they had ruined the entire trip.

Many years ago, someone posted that he overheard, "We're at Disney World -- this is HAPPY time!! Not B*TCHY TIME!!!!" That was a dad at the end of his rope.
I distinctly remember popping attitude as a child in front of Mr Toads Wild Ride and my dad whipping around and through clenched teeth hissing "You're in the most magical GD place on earth START ACTING LIKE IT". Snapped me out of it quick!

I distinctly remember popping attitude as a child in front of Mr Toads Wild Ride and my dad whipping around and through clenched teeth hissing "You're in the most magical GD place on earth START ACTING LIKE IT". Snapped me out of it quick!
LOL. Yeah, that would do it for younger me, as well. My mom usually just gave us the Mom Look & we shut up quick.

Not for nothing, my teenage son (who has some issues with overstimulation, so grain of salt is appreciated) blew up at Galaxy's Edge. I pulled him aside, stuck my finger in his face, and sad, "This whole place exists for you to have fun! You better start having some, or things will get a LOT WORSE!" That wasn't even a threat, I just wanted to adjust his perspective, and giving him a shock back to reality turned him on a dime.

Again, let me repeat, I have never, nor will I ever lay a single angry finger on my son. It was more of a psychological bucket of ice water to reset his CPU that worked exactly how I intended it to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter