What is your Disney shameful secret?

Anytime I go with someone who has never been, I tell them the Pirates of the Caribbean 1st drop is huge and we are going to get really wet. Since it's so dark in there they can't tell that I'm lying.
I'm talking about the DLR Pirates--it's been so long since I've gone on the WDW Pirates that I don't remember if they have a small drop in the dark at the beginning too.

Anytime I go with someone who has never been, I tell them the Pirates of the Caribbean 1st drop is huge and we are going to get really wet. Since it's so dark in there they can't tell that I'm lying.
I'm talking about the DLR Pirates--it's been so long since I've gone on the WDW Pirates that I don't remember if they have a small drop in the dark at the beginning too.

They do, but DL's version has two! It's always fun to hype something up like that, especially to theme park newbies.

I remember when I was with my sister at Tokyo DisneySea, we were getting on the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride and I could tell by looking at the ride system and restraints that this would be on the more intense side (it has a track similar to Test Track/Radiator Springs Racers, but done with three rows of two and a heavy lap bar) - but it starts out slow, like a dark ride. My sister was totally shocked when that thing took off at a certain moment in the story. That's one of the best rides ever too!

Okay this is one I've been thinking about for a while now but the opening of Avengers Campus in Paris solidified it for me.

I'm actually happy that WDW is not allowed to use the Marvel characters in the parks. The Avengers Campus in both California and Paris looks SO underwhelming and bland. It looks like an outdoor mall rather than an immersive land. I'm not a Marvel fan in any way but I would cool with an Avengers land that was as creative as Pandora and Cars Land, two other properties that I absolutely do not care about but adore the lands for. Pym Test Kitchen is the only aspect I really like - everything else I don't miss in Florida.

Also Universal's Spiderman ride is better than Webslingers.

My 15 year old son is kind of a ride wimp. We've forced him to go on everything, with mixed results.

unpopular opinion? DHS absolute least favorite park, by far. Galaxys Edge is underwhelming, RotR is cool but nowhere near as awesome as it’s hyped to be and not worth the money or wait to do it. Also hate Mickeys runaway railway but that may be residual grudge left over from the great movie ride. Also not a big fan of the live shows here and quick service food options aren’t great. If it weren’t for my kids loving the thrill rides here I’d skip it all together.

Another one:

I like the park reservation system. I’ve been during Easter, Christmas and the 4th. I like knowing I can get into those parks in advance.
I completely agree. Not only can you get in, but crowds are manageable, and you can get on attractions with a reasonable wait.

unpopular opinion? DHS absolute least favorite park, by far. Galaxys Edge is underwhelming, RotR is cool but nowhere near as awesome as it’s hyped to be and not worth the money or wait to do it. Also hate Mickeys runaway railway but that may be residual grudge left over from the great movie ride. Also not a big fan of the live shows here and quick service food options aren’t great. If it weren’t for my kids loving the thrill rides here I’d skip it all together.
I went to the parks on my own for my first visit back in about 15 years and was really underwhelmed by Hollywood Studios.

It had been 15 years since I visited MK and Epcot as well but found those just as great as I remembered. I love Tower of Terror because the theming is so on point but beyond that? It was a half day park for me for sure. I was really surprised.

I hate Space Mountain and think it's dangerous for your neck and back even without pre-existing conditions. Went one and done. Couldn't pay me to go again.

While I love the theming and immersive nature of the parks, I honestly don't care about characters, merchandise, or the newer movies. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a Pixar film now and again I think Inside Out was the last one I saw. I do enjoy how it all adds to the theme at the parks, don't get me wrong but I see folks on here complaining about character interactions or integration into an attraction or what have you and I just couldn't care less.

I've seen a lot of folks post complaints about a lot of seriously petty things and I just never want to take a giant corporate entity for granted in that way. I want to just go and enjoy the atmosphere, vacation, and experience, and not let the minutiae bother me. I do agree with some of the junk regarding reservations and genie+ etc... the logistical complications are unprecedented. But whining about "X was only running in B mode so it just wasn't the same screw you Disney, get it together!" Stuff like that bugs me.

I snuck into MK at WDW once.

I was like 19 or 20 and went with my sister and her young kids. We all bought tickets at TTC and rode the monorail. Well, I lost my ticket in a gust of wind and it went down onto the track as we were boarding. When we arrived at the gate I told the CM what happened, so she went to go ask about finding my ticket on the track lol. I look over to see my sister and kids waiting for me inside the park with sad faces :( So I just walked thru the gate over to them and we went about our day, lol. Ain’t nobody got time to find lost tickets!

I cry at Beauty and the Beast stage show every single time.

I cuss out aggressive stroller parents under my breath.

I hope my future husband is a Disney fanatic like me so I don't have to explain this.

I love Daisy's sassy walk.

I can make Goofy's dumb duh-huh sound perfectly.

I prefer the old-fashioned carpeting in the rooms.

I don't like any of the fireworks shows. I much rather been doing rides or shopping. 😂

I could sit at Poly for hours for the music and theming, but have never stayed.

This is bad, but I'm a ride wimp completely so in all the times I've been to WDW, I've never done any of the rides apart from the slow scenic stuff (Test Track has been the biggest one so far for me!) And I worked there for a year as part of the CRP :/ basically wasted my free entry for sure. Looking to make up for it though on all future holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter