What is your Disney shameful secret?

In about 2015 we enjoyed a Dole Whip. We had sore throats - helped like a throat lozenge. Didn't even know what to order so I asked the clerk what most people get and he gave us one that was like a smoothie. We shared it = one and done so no need to stand in that line.

DH loves parades so I indulge him when we're not roped in - literally - because it gives me claustrophobia. We have mostly stopped going to MK because Main Street always seemed to be roped in preparation for parades and because we can't stand on Main Street to watch the fireworks.

We go to Hollywood Studios for the bars. At Epcot we don't even bother with the rides. We've gone years without going beyond the WS. We avoid AK because it reminds me of Busch Gardens but we do enjoy the Dawa Bar.

LOL - this thread is fun.
Next time at AK try Nomad Lounge and the bar at Yak and Yeti ..... both excellent

Sharing my Disney addiction out loud … last week in many work meetings my boss was cheering up for the upcoming Princess race weekend -very nice of him; but I could tell in the faces of the other executives how “silly” they thought is my Disney addiction as I was sharing that I go to the cruise, to both coast parks, etc etc…

I need to figure another hobbie LOL

How much my husband and I loved it years ago when the kids asked if they could go to another park on their own (they were old enough for us to say yes). We thought we would hate being at a park without them. WRONG. We LOVE it! Been going back just us 2 many times now. So ashamed......

My family hates Star Wars. When we walked into the Star Wars area, my three boys (ages 20, 17, and 13) said, "this is the stupidest thing ever. You're telling me Disney could not have made another "land" out of their own movies?" We were in that area for 10 minutes, and they would not even think about going on any of the Star Wars rides including ROTR. So we headed to Toy Story Land, TOT, and R&RC instead!

Me either! They are cute, and I like them on other people, but I have no desire to get any.
I have Minnie ears which are probably 20+ years old, in excellent condition because I never wear them.

My mom used to borrow them every Halloween. She worked as a nurse on the 11-7 shift & wasn't allowed to wear a costume or mask, for obvious reasons, but she could wear the headband She would peek into patient rooms in the middle of the night to be sure all was well as she made her rounds & said uncounted patients burst out laughing & thanked her for the smile during a very unpleasant time.

I first answered this thread 13 YEARS ago!

I don't like Stormalong Bay. It's hard to keep track of kids, you have to go out of the pool area to use the slide, and the sand creeps me out. What has some kid buried in there? Also it gave me a rash...

I barfed on GotG last week.

Technically not on the ride but rather into the themed trashcan at the exit instead of my hat or the ride vehicle. Then I felt 200% better and started laughing hysterically.

This was my second time riding and I thouroughly enjoyed the first 50-75% of the ride but a patch or Dramamine is in the cards for me.

Technically not on the ride but rather into the themed trashcan at the exit instead of my hat or the ride vehicle. Then I felt 200% better and started laughing hysterically.

This was my second time riding and I thouroughly enjoyed the first 50-75% of the ride but a patch or Dramamine is in the cards for me.
Well that answers my question. We are going in May and I wondered if it causes bad motion sickness. I got wicked sick on Star Wars and EE

I love that you added that the trash can was themed…. 🗑

When I ride GotG I put on sea bands before I even get into the queue (I also use kids sea bands bc they are tighter and therefore apply more pressure so it seems like they work better).

(I also keep a barf bag from an ill-judged experience on Mission Space Orange; since I’ve had it with me I haven’t needed it! : knocks on wood : 🪵)

I do not like the bigger and bigger emphasis on Villains.

We have enough Villains in today's world.

I love that you added that the trash can was themed…. 🗑

When I ride GotG I put on sea bands before I even get into the queue (I also use kids sea bands bc they are tighter and therefore apply more pressure so it seems like they work better).

(I also keep a barf bag from an ill-judged experience on Mission Space Orange; since I’ve had it with me I haven’t needed it! : knocks on wood : 🪵)
Thanks for the tip on Kid's Sea Bands. They never seemed to be very accupressured and I definitely intend to buy kid's Bands.

Bands plus Dramamine plus Altoids or Peppermint gum definitely allows me to have no problems whatsoever on FOP. But I'm terrified to go on Guardians as 7 Dwarfs side to side made me ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter