What did you buy at WWOHP?

I went a little nuts. :upsidedow

Thats what you get for going to the WWOHP on payday. :woohoo:

I bought...

A Hogwarts adult sized tee
A Quibbler with Spectrespecs
2 Frozen Butterbeers. (Oddly enough, I loved it, my daughter didn't.)
A Herminone wand
Gryffindor Scarf
Ravenclaw Scarf
Hufflepuff Scarf
A Gryffindor throw
A stuffed Hedwig puppet (Which nearly everyone we passed in the park commented on btw, it seemed to be a winner.)
A time turner key chain
A Gryffindor hoodie for my daughter.
A stuffed Crookshanks
Two bottles of Pumpkin Juice. (Which is not good, btw...BUT, I tried cooking with it the other night, I used it as a marinade for a pork loin, and it was delicious!)
Two postcards
Two boxes of chocolate frogs
A jar of Cinnamon Imps
And a Pygmy Puff named Amy

We also ate at Three Broomsticks. I had fish and chips and it was delicious!

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Thank you, crostorfer for taking the time to share those photos.

Everyone's photos and price references are so helpful as we plan our trip. Thanks a bunch!

Awesome, thank you so much for sharing the photos, they rock. :goodvibes

Hi Everyone, I have a question, I have a friend who is heading down to the Wizarding World next week and want to have her pick me up a few things, just need suggestions on what some good items would be, what some of your favorite things have been. I like unique things, so any help is greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

Hi Everyone, I have a question, I have a friend who is heading down to the Wizarding World next week and want to have her pick me up a few things, just need suggestions on what some good items would be, what some of your favorite things have been. I like unique things, so any help is greatly appreciated. :goodvibes

My Hedwig is my absolute favorite purchase, I love her. I also really, really love my time turner key chain. Its large and heavy, but when I am bored at work I can't stop playing with it. :thumbsup2

Next time we go I'm going to pick up a stuffed Fawkes, and of the t-shirts I saw, other than the one I bought, I was enamoured of the Ministry of Magic ladies tee, and the Gryffindor tee with the sparkley sequined Lion on front.

ETA: Oh! And have her pick you up one of every postcard! They are the best deal in the park. They are $1 a piece, and you get them stamped with a Hogsmede postmark!

My Hedwig is my absolute favorite purchase, I love her. I also really, really love my time turner key chain. Its large and heavy, but when I am bored at work I can't stop playing with it. :thumbsup2

Next time we go I'm going to pick up a stuffed Fawkes, and of the t-shirts I saw, other than the one I bought, I was enamoured of the Ministry of Magic ladies tee, and the Gryffindor tee with the sparkley sequined Lion on front.

ETA: Oh! And have her pick you up one of every postcard! They are the best deal in the park. They are $1 a piece, and you get them stamped with a Hogsmede postmark!

Awesome, thank you so much. Did they have any kind of photo albums?

They have quite a few house specific things. If you have a favorite house, you may want to have her pick you up something from your favorite house. (key chain, pin, shirt, scarf, ball cap etc...)

I agree with poster who mentioned the postcards. I got one of each for myself. Make sure to tell your friend to have them stamped. (this part is free)

Some of the candy might be nice. The Bertie Bott's beans are kind of cool. (although some are quite gross)

If you have a favorite character, maybe you would like that character's wand.

could someone explain the owl post a bit more to me?
I buy post cards, then I can get them "stamped". I address them, and put my own postage on them. Then can I mail them from there? Will they get a special postmark?

They have quite a few house specific things. If you have a favorite house, you may want to have her pick you up something from your favorite house. (key chain, pin, shirt, scarf, ball cap etc...)

I agree with poster who mentioned the postcards. I got one of each for myself. Make sure to tell your friend to have them stamped. (this part is free)

Some of the candy might be nice. The Bertie Bott's beans are kind of cool. (although some are quite gross)

If you have a favorite character, maybe you would like that character's wand.

Great ideas, thank you. Does anyone know if they have photo albums? I am having her pick me up the Bertie Botts:thumbsup2 Thanks again.:goodvibes

I buy post cards, then I can get them "stamped". I address them, and put my own postage on them. Then can I mail them from there? Will they get a special postmark?
m

The will stamp the postcards for free at a little podium outside the store in the owlery. It says Hogsmeade/ Owl Post and has a picture of an owl and some wavy lines on it. I just kept mine for a souvenir. But, since they put it on the left side, not the right where the USPS would put their stamp, you can use it as a regular postcard. Not sure about whether or not you can mail them from IOA.

Does anyone know if they had any photo albums? Thanks.:goodvibes

I went a little nuts. :upsidedow

Thats what you get for going to the WWOHP on payday. :woohoo:

I bought...

A Hogwarts adult sized tee
A Quibbler with Spectrespecs
2 Frozen Butterbeers. (Oddly enough, I loved it, my daughter didn't.)
A Herminone wand
Gryffindor Scarf
Ravenclaw Scarf
Hufflepuff Scarf
A Gryffindor throw
A stuffed Hedwig puppet (Which nearly everyone we passed in the park commented on btw, it seemed to be a winner.)
A time turner key chain
A Gryffindor hoodie for my daughter.
A stuffed Crookshanks
Two bottles of Pumpkin Juice. (Which is not good, btw...BUT, I tried cooking with it the other night, I used it as a marinade for a pork loin, and it was delicious!)
Two postcards
Two boxes of chocolate frogs
A jar of Cinnamon Imps
And a Pygmy Puff named Amy

We also ate at Three Broomsticks. I had fish and chips and it was delicious!

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Thanks for the great pics!

You can post them from IOA but the only stamps they have are a sheet of ten Harry Potter themed that cost 14.95
You can however get the hogsmeade stamp put on the postcards at the entrance to dervish and bangs from the owlery and post them with your own stamps after.

My DH and I are huge HP fans, but we found it hard to stomach the prices, so we didn't get much.

We ate lunch at TTB. The fish and chips were good. The pear cider was okay. The tea and lemonade mix was pretty good. We also got the salad and soup combo, with potato leek soup, which was awful....never again. We spent about $25 on lunch.

We each had a frozen butterbeer (no mug)...about $8.50. We also had a cauldron cake and a pumpkin tart...a little less than $8 for both of them.

That's all we bought. We're local, so we'll go back again soon, but until the prices go down, we're not planning to get much merchandise. We're on a tight budget right now. :(

My DH and I are huge HP fans, but we found it hard to stomach the prices, so we didn't get much.

We ate lunch at TTB. The fish and chips were good. The pear cider was okay. The tea and lemonade mix was pretty good. We also got the salad and soup combo, with potato leek soup, which was awful....never again. We spent about $25 on lunch.

We each had a frozen butterbeer (no mug)...about $8.50. We also had a cauldron cake and a pumpkin tart...a little less than $8 for both of them.

That's all we bought. We're local, so we'll go back again soon, but until the prices go down, we're not planning to get much merchandise. We're on a tight budget right now. :(

We didn't think the food in Three broomsticks was great either... see my trip report linked below!
Did anyone else notice the pygmy puffs in cages in the windows of Znokos btw for those of you that have been there?!

We didn't think the food in Three broomsticks was great either... see my trip report linked below!
Did anyone else notice the pygmy puffs in cages in the windows of Znokos btw for those of you that have been there?!

As far as TTB goes, we had lunch there and thought that the potatoes were delicious - the best thing they had! The ribs and chicken were decent. The cornish pasties and "turkey" legs I would avoid. We really enjoyed eating there though, because we are such big Potter fans. :)

A Griffindor t-shirt for both of my kids.
My son got the wand that chose him at Ollivanders
2 chocolate frogs
1 chocolate cauldron
1 pack of apple rings - Not HP specific, but I love them!
2 snitch pins for the kids' pin collection

I wish I'd bought myself the Hogwarts Express t-shirt.

Love all the photos posted. Has anyone seen any pet items or Christmas ornaments? I'll be there in less than 3 weeks. :dance3:

Love all the photos posted. Has anyone seen any pet items or Christmas ornaments? I'll be there in less than 3 weeks. :dance3:

No HP Christmas ornaments when I was there in August. But, maybe that will change; I think it's a great idea!

Not sure if there are any pet items. I know there was nothing that would have worked for our dog (Very large) but I'm not sure about smaller animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter