We're here! Bit of a live TR!

My DD loved legoland - she has been twice aged 5 and 6.

Not much shade - it was scorching when we last went in May. You got away lightly beetlebouncex2 ! DD went on at least a dozen whilst I melted sat on the wall nearby.

Yesterday we made it to the MK :)

We had a dip in the pool first, followed by a meal at Logan's. Meal was nice but I ordered salmon for my main course which wasn't cooked through....

I hate having to send food back, DH is more forward than me in these situations though :rotfl2: I eventually spoke to the server who organised a second piece of salmon for me but by the time it had arrived everyone else's plates had been cleared from the table :rolleyes2 so I dined alone :rotfl2: The salmon was very tasty, just a shame it wasn't right first time....

Got to MK, weather didn't look promising and in these situations DH always gets his knickers in a bit of a twist as he doesn't see the point in us 'braving' the weather when we are so flexible in our plans etc

Anyway we stuck with it as I had made reservations for the tomorrowland terrace dessert party....

We did POTC and haunted mansion. Girls were desperate to ride the speedway but the queue was massive so we made our way round into the new fantasyland instead. Girls wanted to ride Dumbo but we decided to ride the barnstormer first. Whilst in the queue we felt our first proper spots of rain so made a sharp exit, collected the stroller and took cover!

We waited about 10 mins but the rain showed no signs of stopping so we donned our ponchos and headed for the Terrace. We were showed to our table and told that the manager would come and speak to us regarding the girls peanut allergy. Nobody came so I went to get some drinks and weigh up the dessert offerings. I asked two further CM's for the manager and stood waiting for what seemed like an eternity :scared: Eventually she appeared with a 'Mickey platter' with sorbet, fresh fruit and slices of cake all guaranteed nut free. She then showed me 'the book' which listed every dessert and it's potential for different allergic reactions. This was really helpful and I wonder why the information isn't more freely available?

Anyhoo, the girls were thrilled and tucked in, DD2 declared she felt sick after 4 small cookies and a bowl of ice cream :rotfl2:

The rain continued to fall but we watched the 'show' before wishes and Wishes itself from the terrace. The weather did put a bit of a downer on things but us girls enjoyed the whole experience.

On leaving the MK the main street was packed and in the 'confusion' we ended up on the wrong ramp upto the mono rail. Two lads in front of us asked the CM if this mono rail took them to the car park and the CM replied they needed to go back and get in the in the other queue as this monorail went to the resorts.

I was relaying this info to DH when the CM asked if I needed help. I asked if this monorail would take us to the MK car park, he replied yes, just get off at stop number 2:rotfl2:

Well what a stroke of luck, we were on the monorail in less than 2 minutes and back at the car park in the blink of an eye. The queue for the 'proper' carpark monorail was colossal and I would guess that we would have had to wait a good 30/60 mins in that line.......

So, no plans for today, overcast at the mo..... Hoping it will warm up as we were cold y'day at the MK! Never thought I would say we were cold on an August trip!!!

Ttfn.

Ali :goodvibes

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been so relaxed it was just too much like hard work :-)

So just to say, we have done return visits to Logan's, Texas and Longhorn, all lovely.

Tried PF Changs at the Mall at Milenia today, followed by a walk around Epcot. Meal at Changs was beautiful and not as expensive as I had imagined, would definitely recommend.

Spring rolls and crispy green beans to share.

DH had honey chicken, girls had chicken and rice with a sweet n sour dipping sauce and I had Singapore noodles, all scrummy, we may have tucked in slightly before I remembered to take some pics! Lol!

Just waiting to see what weather Isaac brings over the next few days......

Bye for now.

Ali.

Sounds like a great relaxing time....:thumbsup2
I love PF Changs, never been to the one in the mall though.

I think you are having one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever heard of in Orlando with kids... hats off to you! I am really enjoying your live updates :)

I think you are having one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever heard of in Orlando with kids... hats off to you! I am really enjoying your live updates :)

We are lucky enough to visit twice a year and for extended periods so we do not feel any urgency to dash around the place ;) We are vey lucky in that the girls are happy to chill on the promise that we do have some plans for park visits :thumbsup2

So today we waited in the villa til the rain stopped and finally ventured over to the AK at 2pm ish. I wasnt sure how the weather would pan out but it was ok, the odd spot of rain but then tried to brighten up.... Walked straight onto EE :thumbsup2 Brill!

Had a nice meal a the Yak and Yeti, expensive but nice!

Girls and DH went on some of the rides in Dinoland and we all went on Dinosaur.

Got a load of photos added to our photo passes :thumbsup2

As the park was closing at 6pm, this was a bit early for us to call it a day so we went to Disney boardwalk for the first time :thumbsup2 Hired one of the 'surrey bikes' for the four of us and pedalled around the 'circuit' in 15 mins..... Couldn't face doing another lap so we handed the bike back early :lmao:

Planning on doing DHS tomorrow :thumbsup2

Small prob, DH and girls are wanting to go back to Legoland before we leave on Friday.... Kicking myself for not upgrading our tickets on the day to AP's:sad2: I have tried to 'warn them' that we loved it the first time round because it was all new to us and that the park was near on empty.... But they are all adamant that they want to return.... So not sure whether to buy AP's or just use another promo code :confused3

Hoping that the worst of the weather has now passed :thumbsup2

So nice to hear you are still having a great holiday despite the weather.

One of our favourite meals last trip was at the Yak and Yeti. :goodvibes

We have hired the Surrey bikes a few times - I try to get a back seat so my DD & DH can't see me NOT pedalling :lmao:

Well I am sorry that I got a bit lax with the TR towards the end but we don't do a great deal of interesting things and were dining at places I had already reported on :rolleyes1

So tomorrow we fly home ( have checked in online and it looks like we may have a refurbed plane :thumbsup2), I am glad I did a mini TR as it feels like the 4 weeks has flown so I will read it back when we get home. DH is talking of booking for even longer next August :confused3

So we have to be out of our villa by 11am, so we are then going to drop cases at DTD and then I think head up to mall at millenia for a wander and some lunch and then we are going to head to the airport early ish as DH is quite right in saying that there are always shops that we would like to look at but never have the time :thumbsup2

So that's me done, we'll be back again next Easter :cool1:

Bye for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter